Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
And a lot of guys don't expect women who are models. A lot of guys are perfectly content with an average-looking women if she is nice and has a great personality. Sure, there are some guys who want an extremely attractive woman, but a lot of guys just want an average-looking woman who will treat him right.

If a woman has trouble getting a guy, she automatically assumes it's because of her looks. Yet average-looking women with kind personalities and realistic expectations seem to get plenty of attention from men. If there were all these average-looking women who were being ignored by men, i would not get rejected as much. From my personal experience of being rejected a lot, i know for certain that i'm not the only guy going after average-looking women. Average-looking women obviously have plenty of options; otherwise at least one of them would have given me a shot by now.
Judging by my past experiences, a man will choose a 'hot chick' who doesn't treat him well over an average or unattractive woman who treats him well. Or, he'll have the average woman at home and then sleep around with hotter women on the side. I've seen this happen quite a bit.

Your 'average looking' might be inflated. The average woman is overweight, do you only approach overweight women? I've noticed a lot of my guy friends think 'average' women are actually way above average women which I've always found interesting. I'd say the closest 'celebrity' to the average woman is Lena Dunham. Not Megan Fox, which I've had guys describe as perfectly average. No, she's hot, even if she's not your type...she is by no means an average woman. It would be like me saying 'I want an average dude, like Chris Hemsworth'. No, the average man doesn't look like him AT ALL.

Quote:
How do you know these guys left because the other woman was hotter? Maybe the guys are leaving for another reason. Maybe his girlfriend was not giving him enough sex. Maybe she criticized him constantly. Maybe she yelled at him because he was too clingy. Who knows? He could have left her for any number of reasons.

Possibly he left her because the other woman was younger and better looking, but it's just as possible that he could have left for one of these other reasons. Do you have a legitimate reason to believe the reason these guys are leaving their girlfriends is solely because a younger, hotter girl came along? Do you really know what when on behind the scenes of these relationships?
Well, the woman I'm talking to had been with him since high school, they had two other kids together and when asked why he did it, he said 'Well, look at her (referring to the 18 year old he was dating) what would you do?'. Luckily the divorce was straightforward and easy, but she was still quite hurt by it. I've known both of them since High School and say their relationship was decent. He just saw a hotter, younger woman and went for it.

I've HEARD my guy friends say they broke up with their girlfriends for hotter women. Quite blatantly. I've heard everything from 'she had saggy boobs' to 'she has weird veins on her legs'. It almost always pertains to looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 AM

491 posts, read 569,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But that's not true. Women tend to marry men within a few years of their age and income level. As for successful that varies based on each person. Some think any job is successful, others only a CEO. Women now work and aren't dependent on men.
Hence my saying on average women tend to marry older ( whether it be 2 or 20 years ) and SOMEWHAT more successful ( could be 1,000 10,000 or more dollars more). Yes success can be subjective but most of us have a good idea of what it really means

Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Because most of the work back then was highrisk manual labor and men are generally stronger so why hire a woman most casrs? Second, rape and woman abuse was punished publically since childbirth was riskier and they needed all the kids they could get so women were valued and protected. Men dont get treated with value since they were expendable. Marital rape wasnt crime since the purpose of men was to support his wife and kids and most of the work was dangetous. Notice how the increase in technology increased the number of women in the workforce
Women were treated as second class citizens back then and if they were raped they were blamed. Women were only valued as babymakers and homemakers. Technology isn't the reason women went to work, many went to support families but also the feminist movement helped women get careers. Personally I'd rather live in a society where women can have the same life as a man. I know many men hate this change in society because no longer were men judged on their paychecks for mates but it gave women rights they never had before.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,191 times
Contrary to popular belief in this thread normal guys do exist. I just read 2 pages of gender bashing, and I never did any of that crap to a woman.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Contrary to popular belief in this thread normal guys do exist. I just read 2 pages of gender bashing, and I never did any of that crap to a woman.
You may not have, but there are many others who have.

Unfortunately, there's not a really good way to tell you guys apart.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:03 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,896 times
Quote:
Women were treated as second class citizens back then and if they were raped they were blamed. Women were only valued as babymakers and homemakers. Technology isn't the reason women went to work, many went to support families but also the feminist movement helped women get careers. Personally I'd rather live in a society where women can have the same life as a man. I know many men hate this change in society because no longer were men judged on their paychecks for mates but it gave women rights they never had before.
Women did not WANT to work for most of history, because men's jobs sucked. Women did not want to go work in the coal mine for 16 hours a day in the cold, snow, heat, and exposure to black lung. And women did not have the right to vote for awhile because most women did not want the responsibility of signing up for the draft that came along with the right to vote. Eventually, women were given the right to vote without the requirement of signing up for the draft.

By and large, the majority of women were not oppressed in the least. Everyone's life sucked until technology came along to make things easier. Feminists act like men were out living the good life, when in fact they were working 16 hour days in the coal mine or losing limbs on the battlefield. If anything, rich men AND rich women oppressed poor men AND poor women for most of history. But i do not buy into the idea that men as a group oppressed women. Feminists always tell one side of the story. For all their talk of fairness, feminists are some of the most unfair and one-sided people i've ever seen.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:05 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You may not have, but there are many others who have.

Unfortunately, there's not a really good way to tell you guys apart.
Well if you would have picked Chicago instead of Boston I could have proved it to you!

You'd be on CD-R starting threads about how your faith in men has been restored

Old 01-25-2013, 01:06 AM

491 posts, read 569,493 times
Quote:
So why do women cling to outdated notions like men paying for dates,chivalry, and what about the 'not hitting a girl rule'? Whats the purpose of VAWA if women are just as equal and capable as men? Why is a man without a job considered a bum but a woman 'is just having a hard time'? Why arent there mens only gyms or mens scholarships? Women jobs back then had value and warranted protection. Men were glorified work animals. Men arent upset at the change. Its a load off their backs. Its the women that seem to hate it. Men slacking in school and date cheaply. Why do you think modern men are called kidults and manboys? No reason for men to work as hard for women since they are equals now. Women didnt realize being a man comes with responsibilities...lots of them

Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Judging by my past experiences, a man will choose a 'hot chick' who doesn't treat him well over an average or unattractive woman who treats him well. Or, he'll have the average woman at home and then sleep around with hotter women on the side. I've seen this happen quite a bit.

Your 'average looking' might be inflated. The average woman is overweight, do you only approach overweight women? I've noticed a lot of my guy friends think 'average' women are actually way above average women which I've always found interesting. I'd say the closest 'celebrity' to the average woman is Lena Dunham. Not Megan Fox, which I've had guys describe as perfectly average. No, she's hot, even if she's not your type...she is by no means an average woman. It would be like me saying 'I want an average dude, like Chris Hemsworth'. No, the average man doesn't look like him AT ALL.

Well, the woman I'm talking to had been with him since high school, they had two other kids together and when asked why he did it, he said 'Well, look at her (referring to the 18 year old he was dating) what would you do?'. Luckily the divorce was straightforward and easy, but she was still quite hurt by it. I've known both of them since High School and say their relationship was decent. He just saw a hotter, younger woman and went for it.

I've HEARD my guy friends say they broke up with their girlfriends for hotter women. Quite blatantly. I've heard everything from 'she had saggy boobs' to 'she has weird veins on her legs'. It almost always pertains to looks.
Yes, i get rejected by women who look like Lena Dunham all the time. And you are right, Megan Fox is most definitely not average.

Sorry to hear about these ladies. Sounds like those guys are real tools. That's really stupid in my opinion to break up with a great woman who is loyal and treats you right, just because you find someone younger and hotter. It's hard enough to find a great woman in the first place; once a guy is lucky enough to find her, why would he ever want to break up with her just for someone younger? I guess to each his own, but if all a guy wants is sex with the hottest girl he can find, he should just go for that in the first place instead of stringing along an innocent girl his age for awhile until he finds a younger one.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Well if you would have picked Chicago instead of Boston I could have proved it to you!

You'd be on CD-R starting threads about how your faith in men has been restored
I still have this little sliver of hope that eventually I'll meet a guy that is different from the guys I've known in the past.

Quote:
Yes, i get rejected by women who look like Lena Dunham all the time. And you are right, Megan Fox is most definitely not average.

Sorry to hear about these ladies. Sounds like those guys are real tools. That's really stupid in my opinion to break up with a great woman who is loyal and treats you right, just because you find someone younger and hotter. It's hard enough to find a great woman in the first place; once a guy is lucky enough to find her, why would he ever want to break up with her just for someone younger? I guess to each his own, but if all a guy wants is sex with the hottest girl he can find, he should just go for that in the first place instead of stringing along an innocent girl his age for awhile until he finds a younger one.
And I get rejected by short obese broke guys. It happens.

Yes, most of the men I've known growing up were tools. It's one of the reasons I moved across the country, because I don't want to believe that all men act like that. So far the only guy I've met out here and gone on a date with broke it off because of my weird looking wrists. Kind of an odd reason not to want to date a woman, but to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships