Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
At 30 I still modeled and now at 41 I look younger.
It's easy to keep your hands looking young for those glove ads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I am deathly afraid of getting older. It seems that when a woman approaches 30, she is no longer valuable or desirable to men as younger girls are. They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state. If I get married, will my husband still lust after me or will he want to trade me in for a 20 year old??
I'm 38 and still turn heads, but I also take very good care of myself.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I'm 38 and still turn heads, but I also take very good care of myself.

You look great in your profile

Would date/10

Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 AM

79 posts, read 96,635 times
You can still be very attractive well into your 40s and your 50s if you stay in reasonably good shape and you are a kind person. It amazes me how many women get to be 40 years old and wonder why they do not attract men anymore, but they never want to look in the mirror and see that it's their b*tchy attitude turning men off, not their age.

It's like the world is falling down because the woman is no longer a 25-year-old girl who can rely solely on her looks. She might actually have to develop a kind personality and lose her b*tch shield if she wants men to be interested in her. Welcome to the real world, where people don't just kiss your ass magically because you are young and hot.

A warm, kind, and reasonably attractive woman will have no shortage of men interested in her regardless of her age.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
You look great in your profile

Would date/10
Thank you!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:21 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
Why assume that a woman is a ***** just because she is attractive? What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv1220 View Post
You can still be very attractive well into your 40s and your 50s if you stay in reasonably good shape and you are a kind person. It amazes me how many women get to be 40 years old and wonder why they do not attract men anymore, but they never want to look in the mirror and see that it's their b*tchy attitude turning men off, not their age.

It's like the world is falling down because the woman is no longer a 25-year-old girl who can rely solely on her looks. She might actually have to develop a kind personality and lose her b*tch shield if she wants men to be interested in her. Welcome to the real world, where people don't just kiss your ass magically because you are young and hot.

A warm, kind, and reasonably attractive woman will have no shortage of men interested in her regardless of her age.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:

I agree, in fact I'd go so far as to say one reason men are drawn to young, and preferably inexperienced women, and repelled by older women is the cynicism. A single woman in her 30's or later is sometimes bitter over past failed relationships or has a negative attitude towards men. At the very least, she is much harder to impress and won't fall for any BS a guy uses to try and "play" her. Hell, my husband snagged me when I was 18 and had no idea what I was getting into.

And then some of us get to a point where we focus on ourselves and really no longer care what guys think. I guarantee that if I became single right now or ten years from now, I would not suddenly be wearing makeup and uncomfortable shoes to try and impress men. I'll be myself, in combat boots, the way I've always been. And if that means I'll stay single under those circumstances, that's cool by me. It would make me sick to try and cram myself into a mold of what some dude thinks is "hot". Bleh.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I agree, in fact I'd go so far as to say one reason men are drawn to young, and preferably inexperienced women, and repelled by older women is the cynicism. A single woman in her 30's or later is sometimes bitter over past failed relationships or has a negative attitude towards men. At the very least, she is much harder to impress and won't fall for any BS a guy uses to try and "play" her. Hell, my husband snagged me when I was 18 and had no idea what I was getting into.

And then some of us get to a point where we focus on ourselves and really no longer care what guys think. I guarantee that if I became single right now or ten years from now, I would not suddenly be wearing makeup and uncomfortable shoes to try and impress men. I'll be myself, in combat boots, the way I've always been. And if that means I'll stay single under those circumstances, that's cool by me. It would make me sick to try and cram myself into a mold of what some dude thinks is "hot". Bleh.

I've talked to plenty of women in their 30s and 40s before and they've been all been very nice. I dunno where this idea of "cynical older woman" comes from

Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 AM

79 posts, read 96,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I've talked to plenty of women in their 30s and 40s before and they've been all been very nice. I dunno where this idea of "cynical older woman" comes from
Have you ever been on any dating sites and scrolled through the profiles? Better yet, have you read the posts from some of the older ladies on the forum? Hardly what i would consider kind women!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Have you ever been on any dating sites and scrolled through the profiles? Better yet, have you read the posts from some of the older ladies on the forum? Hardly what i would consider kind women!

No, I've met and talked to maybe 15-20 older women at bars/work/gym in my lifetime and I thought they were all nice

Maybe I'm biased because I find most people to be nice regardless, so I dunno
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships