Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 PM

845 posts, read 1,349,120 times

Advertisements

I wish people in general would be more open to whats on their mind.

"Hello, I think you're creepy."

"Hey, I'm in a relationship now."

"I really don't like you, nor working with you."

I know honesty can hurt, but for the love all that is holy, just say it. It'll remove a lot of assumptions. It may even better the person you're confronting later on. At least I wish I was told something while trying to court someone and wait for a return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
She is not a girlfriend, we went out on 5 dates and we stopped talking for a year. So I ran into her again and then she invited me to come meet her at the bar while she was with her girlfriend. I told her no because it was too last minute and seems like things were not the same since then.

And she is not long distance. And I don't need to talk everyday but do want to talk atleast 2 or 3 times a week. Not once a week which is mostly texting and one phone call. So I rather just put my energy on someone because I never been a fan "Inactive friendships"
Me neither.
I'm all or nothing.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Acquaintances I haven't talked to in over a year generally get deleted from my contact list (if I ever even had their contact information to begin with). Why do you even care about the amount of time it takes for her to respond if you blew her off for a year?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I can feel my interest level fading away due to this girl taking hours to respond my texts and contacts me every 5 days. So I want to make it easy for her and ask......

"Are you dating someone right now? Because if so I can stop contacting you"

I really hope she gives me a honest answer because I just can deal with a "inactive friendship" right now and see no point in having her number in my phone if we only talk once a week and have yet to see each other face to face. So I do plan to ask her this on the phone and not over text. And I hope she can be honest so I can just move forward with my life.

The Latest thing that she did was respond to a text I sent after I called her and I said......."Just saying hi and wanted to talk briefly, call you later"

Her response was..........."Hello" instead of......."Hello how are you?. So not going to play around anymore.
Any man who asks that is just an insecure fool

Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
You should text her "Hello"
Five mins. Later "I just.."
Another five "Met you"
Next five mins."So call...."
Next ten mins."Me maybe..."
Next five "Girl..."
Next ten mins."I want..."
Next five mins."you...."
Last five mins"Sooooo baaaaad!!!!"

845 posts, read 1,349,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Isn't that what you wanted out of men to begin with?

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I disagree. He probably just wants a straight answer up front before he invests time and emotion. I see nothing wrong with that.

1,119 posts, read 1,370,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
Isn't that what you wanted out of men to begin with?
nope. Insecurity is not sexy at all. It is like boring

Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I disagree. He probably just wants a straight answer up front before he invests time and emotion. I see nothing wrong with that.
He has the answer. Actions speak louder than words. She has spoken/acted. Time to move on.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You should text her "Hello"
Five mins. Later "I just.."
Another five "Met you"
Next five mins."So call...."
Next ten mins."Me maybe..."
Next five "Girl..."
Next ten mins."I want..."
Next five mins."you...."
Last five mins"Sooooo baaaaad!!!!"
Hahahahaha that's really funny.

Next time I'm texting a girl that's not really showing interest, I'm definitely doing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships