Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:21 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I can feel my interest level fading away due to this girl taking hours to respond my texts and contacts me every 5 days. So I want to make it easy for her and ask......

"Are you dating someone right now? Because if so I can stop contacting you"

I really hope she gives me a honest answer because I just can deal with a "inactive friendship" right now and see no point in having her number in my phone if we only talk once a week and have yet to see each other face to face. So I do plan to ask her this on the phone and not over text. And I hope she can be honest so I can just move forward with my life.

The Latest thing that she did was respond to a text I sent after I called her and I said......."Just saying hi and wanted to talk briefly, call you later"

Her response was..........."Hello" instead of......."Hello how are you?. So not going to play around anymore.
Maybe this guy is just "playing the game". I would stop contacting him. lulz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 10:27 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,886 times
Ok so this is what I got out of it. You were seeing her but cut it off. You bump into her two years later, she asks you to meet up with her at a bar but you say no because it was too last minute. If I was the woman in this situation, I would probably think the guy was not that interested and not invest too much time/attention on him and focus on others (if there are others in the picture).

I had a situation where I was trying to connect with this guy I met but he came off as fickle. He probably was interested in me but the two times he tried to set up a date, he didn't follow through with the plans; he threw out a day but never committed to actual plans. I read that apathy as "he's just not that into you" and shifted my attention to another guy who was a lot more into me.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
I can feel my interest level fading away due to this girl taking hours to respond my texts and contacts me every 5 days. So I want to make it easy for her and ask......

I really hope she gives me a honest answer because I just can deal with a "inactive friendship" right now and see no point in having her number in my phone if we only talk once a week and have yet to see each other face to face. So I do plan to ask her this on the phone and not over text. And I hope she can be honest so I can just move forward with my life.

The Latest thing that she did was respond to a text I sent after I called her and I said......."Just saying hi and wanted to talk briefly, call you later"

Her response was..........."Hello" instead of......."Hello how are you?. So not going to play around anymore.
Uh...you said you'd call her later. What did you want her to text? "Ooooh, I can't wait to receive your call...!!"

[just call her]

Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
He has the answer. Actions speak louder than words. She has spoken/acted. Time to move on.
The only person who's answer I like...

Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corngasm View Post
I don't see a point in asking. She has clearly shown that she is not interested. Asking will just make you look insecure, which is an unattractive trait to anyone.

Stop texting her and if she is interested, she will contact you. If she doesn't contact you, move on. Simple as that.
Okay, this too.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:

In another thread, you told us you are staying awake all hours of the night playing on dating sites, and you have the nerve to ask if she is dating someone? That being said, what part of you has not moved forward with your life? Nobody is going to respond the exact way you want them to, or come close to your unyielding expectations. You are the one who needs to change.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
In another thread, you told us you are staying awake all hours of the night playing on dating sites, and you have the nerve to ask if she is dating someone? That being said, what part of you has not moved forward with your life? Nobody is going to respond the exact way you want them to, or come close to your unyielding expectations. You are the one who needs to change.
Which also begs the question, what is he desirous of "moving on" from? I confess to viewing with some scepticism the blanket "5 dates" with her which he mentions unless this is the woman he casually dated for that number of times over a period of something like a year plus. There was never any "relationship" to speak of. So, based on a renewed exchange of occasional texts and the odd 'phone call here and there, this has now become something of such magnitude which he has to "move on" from? It's pretty bizarre that he can create thread after thread about online hook-ups (or lack of) which are such a big part of his life but has the temerity to think of asking someone who he dated off and on quite some time ago and is just a casual friend (if even that) what her relationship situation is. DOH.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:00 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times
Quote:
After we went out on 5 dates, I was laid off twice in 4 months and felt like I wasn't qualified to keep seeing her.
Did she get a vote or did you make the decision for her? Did you tell her why you were ending things or just fade out?

If someone made the decision for me whether or not I felt they were "qualified" to date me, I wouldn't rush back into their arms when they randomly appeared a couple of years later either. She's responding but not initiating. Given the history, probably doesn't trust getting too emotionally invested.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
I thought long and hard about it and I agree with a previous poster that asking that question makes me look pathetic, insecure, and like I have no other options. So the new plan is if I don't hear from her by Sunday of this week I will call her and if she doesn't pick up the phone I will leave a message asking her would she be interested in some fetish activity.

So I sent a text telling her......."i need to ask you something when u get a moment" and those questions will be

1. Thinking we can do dinner one evening during the week before u leave

If I get a NO or a answer I don't like then the next question will be

2. Would u be willing to help me with my fetish which is kind of mild and not too crazy

So females have the FRIENDZONE when they are not dating a guy and I have the FETISHZONE when I'm not someone.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
I thought long and hard about it and I agree with a previous poster that asking that question makes me look pathetic, insecure, and like I have no other options. So the new plan is if I don't hear from her by Sunday of this week I will call her and if she doesn't pick up the phone I will leave a message asking her would she be interested in some fetish activity.

So I sent a text telling her......."i need to ask you something when u get a moment" and those questions will be

1. Thinking we can do dinner one evening during the week before u leave

If I get a NO or a answer I don't like then the next question will be

2. Would u be willing to help me with my fetish which is kind of mild and not too crazy

So females have the FRIENDZONE when they are not dating a guy and I have the FETISHZONE when I'm not someone.
And I think you live in the TWILIGHTZONE. If she isn't interested in having a relationship with you, she won't be interested in entertaining your silly fetishes. When will you get the message, she's not into you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships