Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 03:59 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_of_Reason View Post
maybe those guys are NOT like you if they keep rejecting you
Ouch. Harsh, but an excellent point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Maybe they've noticed how you present yourself? No offence but you do come of as a ***** I wouldn't want my brother to date you. You really don't seem very nice
From the person who said I was wrong because I don't date dads.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Ouch. Harsh, but an excellent point.
But the thing is they ARE like me, never married and childless. If they were richer, or younger or something else then I could say they aren't the same but they are.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I tried two. Match and POF. Overall, I found that Match had much higher quality women. For me - Match had more women that I was attracted to physically, had hobbies and interests in common with, had a similar amount of career experience with, similar education with, and similar goals in life. But of course Match costs money. That's just my experience in my city though.
Opposite experience in 2 different states. (And POF is Free)

Met my GF off POF last May.

Just met her Family over Christmas...

Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
From the person who said I was wrong because I don't date dads.
I'm really not surprised your single. Dads should stay away from you, you'd intoxicate their kids with your negativity and bitterness

Old 01-17-2013, 04:19 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But the thing is they ARE like me, never married and childless. If they were richer, or younger or something else then I could say they aren't the same but they are.
Seriously...no offense, but you have issues. There is a LOT more to a person than never married and childless. Do your personalities mesh well together, do you have common interests, are you physically attracted to one another? If this is the only way by which you measure compatibility than no wonder you are striking out all over the place. Okay, you want someone never married and childless but what are you willing to put up with to get that? Look at your taco man...yeah he meets your basic criteria but the guy lives with his mom and is too shy to even ask you out on a date. What possible redeeming qualities does this guy have besides that he's never been married and doesn't have any kids?

I just don't get you. You act like that's the only thing that matters in finding a relationship.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM

201 posts, read 236,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i think they are fantastic. i love eharmony. i emailed and phoned a gal for months until i took the plunge flew to nashville to meet her. there she was quasimoto with false pics and profile.
Dude, it's called Skype, try it.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:29 PM

11 posts, read 11,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elained10 View Post
i'm really not surprised your single. Dads should stay away from you, you'd intoxicate their kids with your negativity and bitterness
+1😛

Old 01-17-2013, 04:46 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times
eHarmony and Match are the only two pay sites I have used. I had excellent success with eH. I had less success with Match, but still significantly more with it than I had with free sites like PoF and OKC.

With the free sites I almost never got dates, and when I did they weren't very high quality, let's say. With Match, I got quality dates reasonably consistently if I kept working hard, plugging away at it. With eHarmony I had so many dates it was hard to find time to schedule them all (let alone to keep up with the site), and many of them were high quality.

I'm a man. With many of the women I've talked to, their experience has been the opposite, meaning they find fewer dates on eHarmony and more on Match and the free sites. I strongly suspect this has to do with differences in ratios of male-to-female users between the sites. eHarmony has been reported to be the only dating site with more women than men, which would explain why it was the best for me and the worst for the ladies. This probably differs by place, age, and other demographic, though.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:00 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
quite frankly, I don't know why single childless women who do not date single dads are being harshly criticized and attacked.

If I were a single mother, I rather somebody tell me beforehand that my single mother status is a deal breaker, better than using me then dump me. Never imagined being honest carries such a big risk.

Idon'tdateyou makes excellent point. She states very clearly "No dads" on her profile and that is her standard. What is so wrong with it? Everybody has standard. A lot of single dads who had messy sexual history and their kids is the result of their irresposible past sexual history. I know a single father who has six children from five different women, but when a single childless woman refuse to date him, he immediately accused her of being shallow. That is not fair either.

Everybody has standard, some women are okay with single fathers, some women cannot. The most important thing is to keep real and being honest. Just like somebody prefer to date white women, somebody prefer to date black or asian women, what is wrong with it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships