Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 12:22 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
She said she works 12 hour days and nights so I doubt she is a secretary. Maybe something like a nurse. I wonder how she gets all these dates even though she says she is so busy that she can't return a guys calls that she likes.
Tomato tomata.

I stand by my original statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 08:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,918,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Tomato tomata.
Yes, "nurse" and "secretary or something" are just like "tomato" and "tomata".

Wait, what?

Old 01-19-2013, 08:14 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
we break up. a traveler headed to NYC cant travel with someone going to san franisco

Old 01-19-2013, 09:00 AM

192 posts, read 381,931 times
lol, OP you sound like the type of girl I hate.. dating different guys at the same time and stuff... feeling too good to be true..... screw that

Old 01-19-2013, 09:14 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
There's a guy Im crushing on from work. Lets call him A. I gave A my number a few weeks back and he texts me here and there but he never really asked me out. So I figured he wasn't interested. Alot of people here suggested to ask him out but my proud self couldnt do it. Yesterday, I got a text from A. He says, " Do you want to check out Zero dark thirty this week? Are you into that? ". I haven't replied to A because I don't know what to tell him. I'm confuse because there's another guy who I also like. Lets call him B. B asked me to be his girlfriend a couple days ago. But B is away for work and won't be back till March.

I like A and B. I haven't gone out on any dates with A so I can't tell if we're gonna click. B and I have gone out 3 times already, no sex. Base on our interactions at work, A and I may hit it off. We don't work together but we see each other at work. Some people from work have told me that A has a crush on me because they catch him looking at me alot.

B has been asking me about my decision if I would agree to be his girlfriend. I told him that I need more time but I know I have to tell him soon. So far B has been great. He texts me in the morning when he wakes up and texts me during the day when he's not busy. At night, he calls to check how my day was before he goes to sleep.He calls when he said he would. He promised he would be a great boyfriend.

They are both educated. A is a nurse and B is an engineer who works as a consultant. B travels alot for work. They're both physically fit. A does jiu jiutsu and B Muay Thai. B is buff ( like really bluff) A is more like an average size but toned. B is taller than A. Personality, they're both great. They're both family oriented but B I think is ready for something more serious ( marriage, kids). B and I has the same ethnic background. A and I is different. There's alot of things that B and I both like. Even our astrological signs match perfectly . B is more stable than A. He has a house while A rents.

I need to make a decision so I can tell these dudes what I'm thinking. I don't want to mislead A if I'm gonna go with B, so I rather decline his invitation saying I already have a bf and he's too late. If I pick A, I'm not sure if its gonna lead to something more than hanging out and I may loose an opportunity to be with a great guy (B). But I like A. I like B too. I'm really confuse .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I think you're to much of a flaky woman than either A or B should date.
This topic has already been addressed. The OPs flakiness is well documented in many of her previous posts.

capitol was right, how ironic the flake is rejecting so-called flakes.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:22 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,918,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffael View Post
lol, OP you sound like the type of girl I hate.. dating different guys at the same time and stuff... feeling too good to be true..... screw that
It was only when I began reading internet relationship forums that I learned there are people who don't date more than one person when they're dating. In my circles that's what "dating" is. Once you become exclusive with someone, it's no longer dating, it's a committed relationship. I now realize this isn't how everyone does things, but I find the differences to be interesting.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
I met this firefighter guy a few months back. We exchanged phone numbers. He texted me and asked me to hang out. I agreed. On the day of our date, he sent me a text saying he couldn't make it because he doesn't feel good. I texted him back saying, it's ok I hope you feel better. Then, I stopped talking to him. He still texts me but I don't reply to him. He keeps asking me to give him another chance. Just like today, he sent me another text, "Pretty please, I would be good to you. Lets go out on a date".

Another guy did the same thing. On the day of our date, He texted me saying his motorcycle broke down on the freeway and he couldn't make it. I stopped talking to him. He texts but I don't reply. He even found my Facebook and sent me a message there asking me to go out with him.

I don't like flakey people. I don't want to be involve with one. But sometimes I think maybe they deserve another chance.
Consider the possibility that this is more than just flakiness. Some men--not all--will do this kind of stuff to test you, to see how much BS you'll put up with. You sound like you put up with none. Good job.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 AM

313 posts, read 664,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
This topic has already been addressed. The OPs flakiness is well documented in many of her previous posts.

capitol was right, how ironic the flake is rejecting so-called flakes.
Because nice girls get dumped.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:33 AM

313 posts, read 664,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
She said she works 12 hour days and nights so I doubt she is a secretary. Maybe something like a nurse. I wonder how she gets all these dates even though she says she is so busy that she can't return a guys calls that she likes.

I'm a nurse. I work 12 hours a day. Yeah there are weeks that I get so busy because I work more than the number of days that I suppose to. I meet guys just anywhere. I don't need to go to bars to meet guys. I have met guys at the gym, gas station, grocery stores, beach, work, parking lot, mall, bookstore, parties. I was even introduced to someone by my dentist. I've met a guy while I was in line at a post office. I've also met someone while I was taking a class related to work. I've met guys through friends/coworkers. I take a kickboxing class and I meet guys there. There are various ways too meet people. You just need to be approachable.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:39 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Because nice girls get dumped.
So do flakey woman who refuse to return phone calls

You have such high expectations from men that you don't reciprocate. That's called having double standards.

And for the record I am an ER RN who works in a very busy Level 1 Trauma Hospital and NONE of us are that busy we can't return a text message. I am calling you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships