Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times

Advertisements

Well I am here living with my GF much sooner then we had both planned. Things are going very good still trying to feel each other out about little things though. It's been 4 days now & I haven't unpacked I still have my things in my bag. I know it sounds bad but I can't bring myself to do it, not just yet anyhow I want to please don't misunderstand me. We're getting along great it's just I guess I feel strange by unpacking so soon she wants me to unpack I know that but I guess I am still a bit stand offish about it. I feel at home as soon as I got here so that's not the problem I guess it stems from moving in with someone & getting told that it's not working out in less then 6 months. I would like to move past this as quickly I don't want her to feel that I am going to bolt.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 05:15 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,826,111 times
So you have moved in with a significant other before and then were told that it wasn't going to work out after 6 months?

Hopefully you learned from whatever you did wrong and/or are not dating a psycho girlfriend like you had before.

So just realize that what's done is done and the only way to move on is to step outside your comfort zone.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
So you have moved in with a significant other before and then were told that it wasn't going to work out after 6 months?

Hopefully you learned from whatever you did wrong and/or are not dating a psycho girlfriend like you had before.

So just realize that what's done is done and the only way to move on is to step outside your comfort zone.

After 6 months she told me that she was seeing someone else. It left it's mark on me I did the same thing with my ex-wife it took me close to a year to unpack with her. I feel good about everything else getting nookie on a regular bases ROCKS

Old 01-19-2013, 05:22 PM

254 posts, read 597,477 times
You still have issues from past relationships. Hopefully you learned from the past and can see through experienced eyes but with open mind.
Now that you agreed to move in, and things are going great, take that momentum and go forward. You said you are afraid that things won't work out 6 months from now. Did you ever stop to think that she may think the same thing?
It's all about trust. You can get past their habits that drive you nuts if you trust one another and communicate.
So she hasn't asked you why you haven't unpacked yet? She may be feeling some anxiety about that but afraid to ask you about it.
Now that you are there, unpack your stuff. Talk to your gf and discuss what both of your expectations are while living under the same roof. Putting down some ground rules will help to avoid some headaches later. Make sure she knows how important she is to you. Respect is also key. If you respect each other and hear them out it can make things a lot easier. Have fun cohabitating! And don't forget to leave the toilet seat down! That is up on the list of pet peeves women have about their men they live with.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
It's your life do what is comfortable. I wish you well.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Listen to your gut, not your ...

Old 01-19-2013, 05:24 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,826,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
After 6 months she told me that she was seeing someone else. It left it's mark on me I did the same thing with my ex-wife it took me close to a year to unpack with her. I feel good about everything else getting nookie on a regular bases ROCKS
Well learn from your mistakes. Not all women are cheating hoes. Hopefully you moved in with one who's genuine.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennStar View Post
First of all, if you are not unpacking, then you did move in too soon. Love can make people do things that they wouldn't do otherwise. Now that you agreed to move in, and things are going great, take that momentum and go forward. You said you are afraid that things won't work out 6 months from now. Did you ever stop to think that she may think the same thing?
It's all about trust. You can get past their habits that drive you nuts if you trust one another and communicate.
So she hasn't asked you why you haven't unpacked yet? She may be feeling some anxiety about that but afraid to ask you about it.
Now that you are there, unpack your stuff. Talk to your gf and discuss what both of your expectations are while living under the same roof. Putting down some ground rules will help to avoid some headaches later. Make sure she knows how important she is to you. Respect is also key. If you respect each other and hear them out it can make things a lot easier. Have fun cohabitating! And don't forget to leave the toilet seat down! That is up on the list of pet peeves women have about their men they live with.

No worries about leaving the seat down that's habit! She mentioned about buying me some hangers from my clothes today. She even offered to help with it. She knows I'm a bit worried that she will do the same. She took me by the hand a & said that she wasn't this girl who did that to me in the past & that I have nothing to worry about. So as I have posted this I did start to place my personal things in the bathroom..So maybe that will help ease her mind some.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 PM

349 posts, read 459,703 times
You already took the big step and moved in with your girlfriend, so make the best out of the situation.Yes, by not unpacking it gives the impression that you are having second thoughts and thinking of leaving. Maybe you should have waited a little longer before deciding to live together. especially because you almost broke up not too long ago. Procrastinating isn't going to change anything. Talk to her, tell her how you feel and get yourself situated.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:10 PM

201 posts, read 236,185 times
Dude, come one. Put your bags back in your car and head back to your own apartment. You're not ready for this and it's probably too early as it is. Get to know this girl a bit more before you start living like a married couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships