Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 02:57 AM

127 posts, read 154,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
You don't need PUA to know how to properly communicate with people. It's just common sense.
It's not common sense for everybody. There are definitely people out there (the vast majority, from what I've seen) that don't know how to effectively communicate their intentions.

Take the first poster of the fourth page on this thread, for example. He could certainly benefit from PUA-related materials.

Question for quiet people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy316 View Post
It's not common sense for everybody. There are definitely people out there (the vast majority, from what I've seen) that don't know how to effectively communicate their intentions.

Take this guy, for example. He could certainly benefit from PUA-related materials.

Question for quiet people
Just learning confidence and proper social skills are enough.

PUA is just nothing but misguided propaganda that manipulates others.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:15 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Main flaw I see is that people are dynamic.

By assuming that doing x will lead to y, one is also bound to lose on genuine connections.

People aren't static nor are they brainless drones.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:21 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:

It's similar to the female version of the Rules.

Neil Strauss and those chicks should totally hook-up. Put their products to the test. The Rules & The Game: Married. Co-written. Dubbed.

It'd be a never-ending power-trip!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:30 AM

Quote:

The problem with this statement, as always when this subject comes up on this forum, is that it's based on a fundamental misunderstanding of what PUA is.

One of its main functions is to teach confidence and proper social skills. Confidence is not gained overnight though. And there are many successful men out there that still lack confidence with women.

For guys that are severely behind the curve, it will take a decent amount of time to learn proper social skills. That's who really needs this stuff.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 AM

264 posts, read 308,986 times
JohnnyBoy, you sound like a schoolgirl with a crush on this friend of yours.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPollard View Post
JohnnyBoy, you sound like a schoolgirl with a crush on this friend of yours.
As usual, nothing useful is added to the discussion with your comment.

Don't let the doorknob hit you on the way out.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 AM

264 posts, read 308,986 times
Apologies. Please, continue to delight the crowd with tales of your friends prowess. We are all very, very impressed.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Do we really have a whole thread here of people arguing about what "game" is?

This is why I hardly post in this section anymore. Topics that could foster some good discussion and understanding on both sides gets sidetracked by petty highschool bull**** by people looking to massage their own personal biases.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy316 View Post
I have a friend that's 32, maybe slightly above average looking, and lives at home with his mom. The only thing he has going for him really is his height (he's about 6'2), his intelligence (which he doesn't put to good use), and his......GAME.

He gets more hot girls than anybody I've ever met. One of his girlfriends is a 26 year old former model with a degree in biochemistry and her own business.

I have other friends that are in similar situations, but this is the most drastic.

Explain this, based on your theory.
So your tall and intelligent friend, who is not so hard on the eyes, was able to land an attractive girlfriend. Ok so that proves exactly what everyone was saying...

I'm not sure where you are based but I can assure you in a place like NYC, which is teaming with good looking people, the norm is for attractive women to be with attractive (or powerful or rich or connected, etc) men. I can think of a handful of exceptions where a "hot woman" is dating a loser but those are exceptions to the rule. Quite frankly, I think those situations happen when the woman has self esteem issues (yes, it can happen with attractive women). They "date down" because they feel this type of many would be less likely to leave them. But in general, attractive women have OPTIONS and people with options usually pick the best one.

Edit: your tall and intelligent friend, who is not so hard on the eyes, was able to land an attractive girlfriend BUT he is also manipulative and conniving. So the only way that these types of guys can get women is to manipulate them? Also, the women most likely to fall for this are the ones with self esteem issues so what you're saying is PUA are basically praying on women with fragile minds and emotions. Sounds really healthy.

So, in a nutshell, losers can get hot women with self esteem issues if they pray on and manipulate them. Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships