U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 01:23 AM

2,481 posts, read 1,699,971 times

Advertisements

I dated this guy a while back... We both got out of a relationship not too long ago and were using each other as rebounds. Shortly after dating, I sensed he wasn't that into me and it made me not want to be into him. Long story short, I didn't feel good about myself while dating him and it changed my perspective on men and dating completely. We decided we'd be friends but he was still kissing me and acted like we were dating. He got a real gf and ditched me without even telling me anything, though I saw that coming. I got over him after a painful month and right when I was over him he contacted me and wanted to be friendly again. I met up with him and he told me he had a gf but his feelings changed for her and they broke up and they were supposed to go somewhere this week but he wasn't going to go. He didnt mention getting back with me but i could tell he was trying not to be touchy with me. After meeting with him, I didn't feel good about being in contact with him at all. The same feelings of hurt came back and I was afraid he was going to use me again and ditch me next time he gets a gf. So I told him I'll contact him if I feel like it. That was a week ago. Well, I was wondering what he was doing today and it looks like they got back together. I don't know why but it just gives me a sour stomach. Was he trying to use me to get over her, but since I refused to be a part of it, he didn't want to be alone and got back with her? I don't know... It just makes me so uncomfortable when I think of talking to him again. I think I'm happier with him out of my life. Just needed to get that out. Thanks for reading.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 01:39 AM

16,523 posts, read 20,348,719 times
thats why you gotta respect the canine world, a few sniffs and you know exactly where you stand...

things get so complex so easily- maybe it would be good, for you to redefine what your relationship is with him- just as friends who can always talk with each other..etc,

on one hand, you cant have a shield up and then wonder why he's burying his bone in another backyard,,,,
sounds like you found you may like this guy more than you originally thought, and you have to sort out why- is it because of competition, or you really like this guy?

either way....life is too short, don't give guys too much credit "like we think things through" tell him straight what you think...guys arent good at figuring woman,,
ever see the old guys in shopping malls...just gazing off in the distance with a blank expression???? thats the end result of years of trying to figure out woman..

Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 PM

10,892 posts, read 12,103,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchew0 View Post
I got over him after a painful month and right when I was over him he contacted me and wanted to be friendly again.
I tend to view these situations as a test. You either pass and continue on your merry way or fail and get sucked right back into the cycle...

Old 01-20-2013, 02:49 PM

7,371 posts, read 11,575,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchew0 View Post
I dated this guy a while back... We both got out of a relationship not too long ago and were using each other as rebounds. Shortly after dating, I sensed he wasn't that into me and it made me not want to be into him. Long story short, I didn't feel good about myself while dating him and it changed my perspective on men and dating completely. We decided we'd be friends but he was still kissing me and acted like we were dating. He got a real gf and ditched me without even telling me anything, though I saw that coming. I got over him after a painful month and right when I was over him he contacted me and wanted to be friendly again. I met up with him and he told me he had a gf but his feelings changed for her and they broke up and they were supposed to go somewhere this week but he wasn't going to go. He didnt mention getting back with me but i could tell he was trying not to be touchy with me. After meeting with him, I didn't feel good about being in contact with him at all. The same feelings of hurt came back and I was afraid he was going to use me again and ditch me next time he gets a gf. So I told him I'll contact him if I feel like it. That was a week ago. Well, I was wondering what he was doing today and it looks like they got back together. I don't know why but it just gives me a sour stomach. Was he trying to use me to get over her, but since I refused to be a part of it, he didn't want to be alone and got back with her? I don't know... It just makes me so uncomfortable when I think of talking to him again. I think I'm happier with him out of my life. Just needed to get that out. Thanks for reading.
Actually you intentionally jumped in front of a bullet. You went into it using each other, and ended up feeling used over time. That is the logical outcome; once you agree to be used by someone you can't dictate the terms of the deal. I think you can learn from this so that you never do it again.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:53 PM

37,450 posts, read 34,672,602 times
This is a classic "listen to your gut" situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships