Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 05:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
So far I have managed to resist the urge to get into that. It's already ruined one of my former best friends' lives. He lost his job and everything and now sits at home in his flat, collecting JSA and spending virtually all hours playing WoW.
I never got into it... You have to invest too much time to make it worthwhile.

I've also had two friends basically lose everything because.of the gam, but on the flip side I know of at least 6 married couples that met through WoW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 05:19 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I never got into it... You have to invest too much time to make it worthwhile.

I've also had two friends basically lose everything because.of the gam, but on the flip side I know of at least 6 married couples that met through WoW.
A marriage based on computer games? Where do I sign up?

1) "Honey, I'm going to Gamestop to buy Dead Space III".

or

2) "Honey I'm going to go to he mall to buy like 15 pairs of shoes and an expensive dress (posh bit of fabric), like oh my god"

Obviously, I go with 1).

Old 01-26-2013, 05:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
A marriage based on computer games? Where do I sign up?

1) "Honey, I'm going to Gamestop to buy Dead Space III".

or

2) "Honey I'm going to go to he mall to buy like 15 pairs of shoes and an expensive dress (posh bit of fabric), like oh my god"

Obviously, I go with 1).

That's basically how I am...

Sweetie, can you preheat the oven, I'm about to start a battle with a Dragon Priest.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 PM

662 posts, read 1,259,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

That's basically how I am...
Sweetie, can you preheat the oven, I'm about to start a battle with a Dragon Priest.
In a different room

Old 01-27-2013, 12:58 AM

337 posts, read 896,751 times
I value my private time too much.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:34 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,329 times
I'm single because.........I can't find the perfect guy for me

Old 01-27-2013, 09:25 PM

349 posts, read 887,545 times
Default No clue

I wish I could tell you why...I don't know.

I am seriously without a clue, and at this point, I am beginning to feel like a leper. I was checking out the forum and had to respond to this thread, cuz I really, really can't say I know why. No major issues, look good and am friendly so who knows?

I can't figure it out; my friends (exes included) and family don't know either. I'm social, I'm out there in the world, but I'm not being asked out. Flirted with and hit on? Yes. Has any of those led to even a date? No. Facebook flirtations a plenty...those never get to a date place either, and I have to be rude to the married/attached ones, because they can't seem to resist thinking because I'm single that I've forgotten they are not

After making a few bad choices of men in real life, I won't go near online dating - ever.

Those who like to say that you must love yourself, which I agree with, but isn't it via relationship that we also learn this? I don't think it is a pre-requisite for a relationship or we'd have no one getting married, ever. I know more married people with horrible self-esteem than singles, so I don't think it is so much self-esteem as it is timing and a numbers game.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:53 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
If you read this boards, people would have you believe that you need to be a near perfect human specimen to be in a relationship (especially if your a guy). All that's really needed is to substantially reduce your standards and be willing to put yourself out there again and again.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
If you read this boards, people would have you believe that you need to be a near perfect human specimen to be in a relationship (especially if your a guy). All that's really needed is to substantially reduce your standards and be willing to put yourself out there again and again.
Still need to spread some rep around unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships