Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 07:44 PM

57 posts, read 38,548 times

Advertisements

Man bashing in this thread is getting little uncool. Women don't date nice guys because they can't trust them, and being with a nice guy isn't going to benefit them in the long run. Oddly enough, there are plenty of women who will date prisoners and abusers. Not the guys hat treat them too nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 08:14 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,412,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes, so I've seen.

He could always look deeper into it, or choose different women to go for, or try to better himself, be interesting, fun, someone a woman would want to be with...All that sort of thing.

Or, well, he could scream about how vile women are and join MGTOW, I mean people come to their own conclusions and make their own decisions.

It's really up to the guy. But let's face facts and assign some appropriate responsibility. Two guys will have very different reactions depending upon THEIR PERSONALITY which points to the obvious: women don't "turn" genuinely good people into some of the horrific misogynists we see around here. That bent already existed in such a male and indeed the undercurrent of it, which he imagines he's hiding, is likely what has made the women steer very clear in the first place.

It's not a woman's "fault" a man becomes, or already is, hostile toward women. It is not every woman's responsibility to sleep with guys they are not interested in, under implied threat that she will "make" him no longer be nice. If he wants to be hostile he'll be hostile even if he IS getting sex so let's steer away from that intimation right quick. It's baloney and an excuse to let the guy's inner secret ugliness come out.

I am so over this intimation that women refusing to spread for guys when *they don't want to* "makes" perfectly good guys bad. Not long ago we even had commentary on how certain murderers would never have shot innocent people to death if only women had slept with them. That belief is horrific, scary, dangerous...Oh yeah, and bullsh-t.
Pure truth, not that the "men" who really need to read it will do so, or understand what they are reading. "Nice guys" who turn into horribly misogynistic woman bashing morons because they have dating trouble were never actual nice people to begin with. They just use their dating problems as an excuse to be horrible to other people - in this case, women.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:16 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,412,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftYouUp2016 View Post
Man bashing in this thread is getting little uncool. Women don't date nice guys because they can't trust them, and being with a nice guy isn't going to benefit them in the long run. Oddly enough, there are plenty of women who will date prisoners and abusers. Not the guys hat treat them too nice.
How is your post not woman bashing? It's nothing but pure generalization.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:24 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,875,433 times
Quote:
LOL. Cliff's Notes: "The man bashing around here is getting out of control! By the way, women are opportunistic users with only enough sense to go out with criminals and abusers."

Um.

#irony

Old 04-07-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette La Bretonne View Post
This guy was NOT NICE. People who knew him - both female and male - said that from a very young age, he was nasty, antisocial and scary.

Women didn't "make" this nightmare into a not-nice guy.

Besides women, he hated, as in wished dead, minorities. I guess because minorities wouldn't sleep with him either? Minorities turned this guy not-nice by not going out with him?

This fellow was sick, full stop. And no female peer "made" him that way. He was literally full throttle mentally ill, he even had a manifesto. Nobody on earth can convince me that's because some random girl in high school wouldn't give him a handie and smile at him.

Quote:
According to his family's attorney and a family friend, Rodger had seen multiple therapists since he was eight years old and while he was a student at SBCC.[21] The lawyer said that Rodger was "receiving psychiatric treatment",[39][68][69] but Rodger was never formally diagnosed with a mental illness.[70] A psychiatrist had prescribed him anti-psychotic medication used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder which he refused to take.
- Wikipedia

Old 04-07-2016, 08:43 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,470,433 times
My boyfriend is a nice guy. I mean he's really nice and kind to everyone. He's been told he's too nice and maybe he can be. But it's who he is.

My boyfriend is genuine. And you know what, a lot of guys are like him. Genuinely nice. And they are attractive because of it. But there are also guys who think they are nice really aren't. They put up a false front that fools even them. They pretend, but they can't hide what they are really like. It comes out and gives you the feeling that something is not right. That sixth sense goes off and you just feel something isn't right.

I have known of a few men who are genuinely nice but struggle with dating. In all those cases the problem wasn't being nice but something else like being very shy or being socially awkward. Those things can make dating or even just friendships difficult for anyone.

Last edited by BellaLind; 04-07-2016 at 08:59 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 08:56 PM

It's OK. Nice guys don't seem like such a bad choice, by the time women turn 35. All of a sudden, their steady paycheck isn't quitell as boring anymore.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:10 AM

Quote:
It's OK. Nice guys don't seem like such a bad choice, by the time women turn 35. All of a sudden, their steady paycheck isn't quitell as boring anymore.
Actual nice guys don't ever seem like a bad choice to smart, mentally healthy women.

Bitter guys angry because they held a door for some woman but the woman still wouldn't spread (WHAT?? That b....i mean you were so nice! Damn her anyway), by contrast, pretty much always seem like a bad choice except to not very smart, mentally unhealthy women.

To be very general about it.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Actual nice guys don't ever seem like a bad choice to smart, mentally healthy women.

Bitter guys angry because they held a door for some woman but the woman still wouldn't spread (WHAT?? That b....i mean you were so nice! Damn her anyway), by contrast, pretty much always seem like a bad choice except to not very smart, mentally unhealthy women.

To be very general about it.
Key word being SEEM.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:02 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,090,283 times
Quote:
I see guys saying this ALL THE TIME on here. To be honest, I've never known a woman that turned 35 and then decided to date the "nice guys" that she wouldn't date before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships