Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 10:15 PM

1,593 posts, read 775,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Interesting I would say is subjective and related to what an individual finds interesting. Two bird watching 60 year olds might find each other fascinating and interesting. Two musicians might do the same. A cook and an eater might be interesting to each other.

If that's the premise, why would being "nice" and being "interesting" be mutually exclusive?

Unless, in an effort to be "nice" and not be disliked for anything, a "nice guy" never shows his cards on what he likes or dislikes. Commonality can't be built on shared interests, because he never shares his interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 11:30 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
Yeah, I've met quite a few guys who are actually either passive-aggressive or very insecure (and act like doormats) who think they're "nice." Like guys who will do favors for you (often things you didn't ask them to do) and then act like you owe them something. And others who are genuinely nice but don't seem to understand that there's more to attraction and a fulfilling relationship than that. I don't get the attitude from some guys that you either have to be a doormat or a jerk. I guess being a one-dimensional character is easier for some people than actually developing an interesting personality.
The passive aggressive guys who do favors without asking: Beta male!
Women like guys who are nice - to a certain point. The ideal guy IMO is cordial and polite, yet have some roughness around the edges. He walks with his head up, chest out - won't give a damn what others think. He won't sweat the small stuff, but crowd him or disrespect him and you're in for it!

Old 11-13-2018, 12:13 AM

67 posts, read 34,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
Doubtful that’s universally true for you. That sounds like self-pity and self-sabotage.
Wouldn't I be sabotaging myself by wasting my time around women who want nothing to do with me?

Old 11-13-2018, 04:04 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
You know...these "nice guy" threads seem to go on forever and ever, every time I see one it's a non-stop thread-after-thread discussion.

Let's just end it by saying that some people (women in this post), just don't appreciate the nice things done for them.

This is why you hear these women (not all) make poor choices in men that give them black eyes and bruises, cheat on them, substance abuse, and so on. But a law abiding, non-abusive, non-rap sheet kind of guy is "boring".

I have female friend that prefers "boring in a man" yes, some women are okay with boring. Usually it's after years of abuse and they woke up and decided to date a nice guy.

I feel like I even have to put "nice guy" in quotes because I think everyone has their own interpretation of it and for some reason, people can think THEIR interpretation is the right one. Thus these never ending arguments.

Old 11-13-2018, 04:34 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
I don't have a problem with "nice guys."

I only have a problem when people are being nice for manipulation purposes.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I don't have a problem with "nice guys."

I only have a problem when people are being nice for manipulation purposes.
Boom, THANK you! lol

Old 11-13-2018, 05:46 AM

67 posts, read 34,062 times
I feel like this thread was made to demonise nice guys because they spoke up on how they are treated by women. So people make up this nonsense that nice guys aren't really nice.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:04 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
There are a few of this type on this subforum.

Entitlement ALWAYS makes itself known.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:11 AM

1,593 posts, read 775,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slap to my face View Post
Wouldn't I be sabotaging myself by wasting my time around women who want nothing to do with me?
No, that would just be wasting your time and possibly being creepy. Definitely a good way to friendzone yourself.

Sabotaging yourself is walking around convinced that you’ll never be good enough for anyone at all. Immediate and irrevocable self-rejection. You’re scared of her rejecting you so you beat her to the punch every time.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slap to my face View Post
I feel like this thread was made to demonise nice guys because they spoke up on how they are treated by women. So people make up this nonsense that nice guys aren't really nice.
100% on this. I see a lot of this in this divided country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships