Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 11:09 AM

708 posts, read 878,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wouldn't the more important issue be whether or not he adopts her kids as his own? Why has she not thought of that? Because money is more important than any other legal benefits the kids may get as his adopted kids?

If she has plenty of options, why is she dating your brother? I agree, time to call her bluff. He needs to dodge this bullet.
Agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My brother just started dating this girl. and He is asking us regarding if he should continue the relationship with her.

She has two bio children, from two different men. My brother is a young professional who has his own career and makes pretty good income.

The girl has told him that "I expect my future husband to put my bio children's name on his will."

I personally think she has been straightforward about it, and that is her expectation, it should not be considered as a big red flag, but my brother believes she is crossing the line

He told her, "I have to think about it." and she said, "If you are not okay wtih it, I have plenty of men who will."

Do you think this girl has been very honest, or do you think this girl has entitlement issues. thoughts?
Unless he has plans on getting married to her who cares what she wants her "future husband" to do. .I do find it very weird that in a new relationship she would say something like that...very strange...her saying she could have "plenty of men who will" would be the icing on the cake though, and the end of anything to do with her, for me.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,628,634 times
Quote:
, "If you are not okay wtih it, I have plenty of men who will."
There's about as many men willing to marry a woman with two kids from two different guys as there are William Shakespeare signatures.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,209,625 times
Did both separate baby daddys die?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Did both separate baby daddys die?
Good point.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:00 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
No, but her husband died. Her first boyfriend is the bio father of the first kid. She had the baby when she was very young. Both men are out of the picture completely

She is a pretty girl though. and many women have said, "if you dont take care of me, plenty of people would." It is very tacky and immature to say that, but I won't take it as a major reason to break up the relationship. Tried to give her the benefits of the doubts.

When my brother is starting up his business, the girl has given him a lot of emotional support, I personally think she is a pretty nice person, but I guess nobody can really be sure if she truely loves my brother or she just wants her bio children to be taken care.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
She's using him and when the relationship ends (and it will)she will either kill him or go after him and sue for money. So many red flags here that I would avoid her big time. If they marry she will expect him to support her and the kids.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 PM

677 posts, read 1,538,317 times
Just started dating and she's talking about death and wills already.

Run.

~l~

Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
No, but her husband died. Her first boyfriend is the bio father of the first kid. Both men are out of the picture completely

She is a pretty girl though. and many women have said, "if you dont take care of me, plenty of people would." It is very tacky and immature to say that, but I won't take it as a major reason to break up the relationship. Tried to give her the benefits of the doubts.
You're trying too hard. You're bending over backwards, you're trying so hard.

Why is the father of the first child completely out of the picture? He should be providing child support. And she should be getting Social Security widow's benefits for the second child.

"Many women have said" if you don't take care of me, there are others who would? Who says that? (You have an odd perception of what's normal.) This isn't "tacky and immature", it's an ultimatum! And they've only begun dating? And she's making this demand? Aside from the will issue, the fact that she's making an ultimatum before the relationship gets off the ground is a red flag. There are several red flags here.

Here's an important reality check: You're discounting all the red flags. You're explaining away and justifying all the flashing neon danger signs. Why did you post your concerns here and ask for people's opinions if you're brushing aside the opinions? Were you expecting people to tell you this is an ok situation?

Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM

The will stuff is pretty weird. Many people don't put their minor kids on a will anyway.

It really doesn't offer any security to the woman. He could make out one will today, and another next month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships