Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 PM

708 posts, read 878,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Here's an important reality check: You're discounting all the red flags. You're explaining away and justifying all the flashing neon danger signs. Why did you post your concerns here and ask for people's opinions if you're brushing aside the opinions? Were you expecting people to tell you this is an ok situation?
The explaining away makes me think there is an entirely different angle to this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Bottom line, OP: your brother is having doubts, and is seeking opinions from the family as to whether or not he should proceed. If he's having doubts, he should trust his gut feelings. The doubts are there for a reason. End of story.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:38 PM

35 posts, read 43,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
She's using him and when the relationship ends (and it will)she will either kill him or go after him and sue for money. So many red flags here that I would avoid her big time. If they marry she will expect him to support her and the kids.
Ha. Thought that when I read it, too. Plenty of other guys will? Future targets of the Two Step Gold Digger.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No, but her husband died. Her first boyfriend is the bio father of the first kid. She had the baby when she was very young. Both men are out of the picture completely

She is a pretty girl though. and many women have said, "if you dont take care of me, plenty of people would." It is very tacky and immature to say that, but I won't take it as a major reason to break up the relationship. Tried to give her the benefits of the doubts.

When my brother is starting up his business, the girl has given him a lot of emotional support, I personally think she is a pretty nice person, but I guess nobody can really be sure if she truely loves my brother or she just wants her bio children to be taken care.
Are you absolutely certain that she didn't have her first husband killed? It's very strange that she's already talking about wills.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 PM

626 posts, read 903,000 times
Such demands for someone he just started dating. Sounds like the black widow. Tell your brother to run for the hills!!! Koochie is a dime a dozen. End of discussions.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
My brother just started dating this girl. and He is asking us regarding if he should continue the relationship with her.

She has two bio children, from two different men. My brother is a young professional who has his own career and makes pretty good income.

The girl has told him that "I expect my future husband to put my bio children's name on his will."

I personally think she has been straightforward about it, and that is her expectation, it should not be considered as a big red flag, but my brother believes she is crossing the line

He told her, "I have to think about it." and she said, "If you are not okay wtih it, I have plenty of men who will."

Do you think this girl has been very honest, or do you think this girl has entitlement issues. thoughts?
Major entitlement issues. Let me count the things wrong here:

1) Already counting on your brother's death to assure a better financial future for her kids.
2) Making demands of the guy. This is stuff that should be discussed down the road, not offered up as an ultimatum after the third date.
3) "If you're not okay with it, I have plenty of men who will." Really? In other words, "I've got a Plan B, Plan C, all the way of Plan K if thise doesn't work out." This speaks to a really conniving mind, one that is already gaming things in case matters don't work out with your brother.
4) The whole thing smacks of coercion. Generally a bad sign when the relationship is just beginning.

Your brother should run as fast as he can. Because he's brought this issue to the family, sounds as if his gut is already thinking she has a problem. This woman practically has the word Golddigger tatooed across her forehead.

Last edited by cpg35223; 01-22-2013 at 01:54 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,543 times
It depends. If I marry a women with teenage kids or even eleven or twelve years old kids and the children do not really regard me as their father or the biological father is still a big part of their the childrens lives then no, I'm not putting them in my will and it's a little selfish for her to even ask. On the other hand, if the children are very young, look up to me, treat me like their father and I basically raise them as my own then yes, I'd put them in my will. Honestly, this women sounds a little greedy. It is not her money and therefor it is not up to her.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:52 PM

22 posts, read 38,413 times
I thought about this problem for a while and read through all four pages.

What I don't understand (and it's what everyone's been saying) is why you're ignoring the warning signs and explaining away the reasoning of this woman.

Does her 'take charge, impose an ultimatum early on' strategy flow well with you? You might think it comes off as her being 'very honest and direct' but everyone else sees it for what it is. A warning about this woman's character.

Heck, even if she is sincere about everything, she doesn't know a damn thing about tact and for that reason, I think your brother should back off (for his sake).

Thinking about this closely, this woman isn't YOU is she? I just don't understand why you defend her especially with this situation having a potentially major effect on your brother and his future.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:54 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaguy View Post
I thought about this problem for a while and read through all four pages.

What I don't understand (and it's what everyone's been saying) is why you're ignoring the warning signs and explaining away the reasoning of this woman.

Does her 'take charge, impose an ultimatum early on' strategy flow well with you? You might think it comes off as her being 'very honest and direct' but everyone else sees it for what it is. A warning about this woman's character.

Heck, even if she is sincere about everything, she doesn't know a damn thing about tact and for that reason, I think your brother should back off (for his sake).

Thinking about this closely, this woman isn't YOU is she? I just don't understand why you defend her especially with this situation having a potentially major effect on your brother and his future.
Nope, I personally will never date a single dad (not like there is anything wrong with them)
and I have no children.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM

22 posts, read 38,413 times
Quote:
Nope, I personally will never date a single dad (not like there is anything wrong with them)
and I have no children.
Okay. Cool. Just wondered why you defended this woman so vehemently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships