Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 02:34 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Coincidence...? Trying to get my attention? Not a big deal?

Could it be that over the month or two of us not talking, he may have realized there was a void and didn't ask the other girl out? Or maybe he just decided to be single....?

Either which way, I think I may be mustering up courage to talk to him. I want too but I get so scared thinking that he will just tell me he did miss me....but just missed me as a friend or some sort of drinking buddy. I don't know what to do. I just don't want to misread anything and then get rejected...AGAIN...?
The part in red is where you begin to seriously overthink things and make some pretty big leaps in logic.

Go back and read your original thread. WHY would you want to subject yourself to this?

What you call "mustering up courage" is really just ignoring your instincts.
That voice in your head, your conscience, which should guide you in these situations, is not something to be ignored or rationalized away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
Quote:
I was hoping you would comment on this thread since you and me seem so similar.

Thing is that he did contact me by asking me if I deleted him from facebook a couple weeks ago and if everything is okay with me. He tried to keep talking but I shot him down with one word answers which made it obvious I was not having any of it.

And now he is "liking" my stuff and whatnot. I guess I can't stop but wonder if this is his way of trying to talk to me or what..? Maybe he thinks he has no chance with me since he screwed it up.

And that is exactly why I am hesitant about contacting him even though I want too. But I feel like he has been trying to contact me. I just don't know what to do.
Yeah, you guys have had some contact, but he hasn't actually said hey I'm really sorry things didn't work out, I'd love to take you out on a date if you'll give me a second chance. If he said that then yeah sure, people make mistakes, and I might consider giving him another chance, but all you have now is speculation. Even if he does really regret letting you go, do you really want a guy who makes this known by liking a FB status? Don't you want a guy who likes you so much he steps fully up to the plate and is direct with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
i wouldn't considering you were a second choice. he may just be looking for some attention after being let down. you shouldn't have to work so hard to get a guy. if a guy is really interested he will make it very apparent.

if he does contact you and asks you on a date or something maybe consider it, but definitely do not contact him.
I agree. This guy already made you a runner up once. Do you really want that to happen again? I don't want to be anyone's second choice personally. If he really liked you he would make his feelings known, not BS around on FB.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:46 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times
If you ever remember anything at all you read on CD, remember just this -

When they show you what they're really like, believe it the first time.

Translation - never, ever, go back for seconds from someone who has f***ed you over once.

Or, if you do, don't come back on CD and whine about it when he disses you again.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:50 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:
Some of you may remember my thread ("Can I meet you up and explain myself to you please?") about a guy that I liked who told me I was a "drinking buddy" and liked someone else. I am gonna call him him DB so it is easier.

I deactivated Facebook and did not talk to him for a while. He did mass text me for New Years and then a couple days later, he asked me if I deleted him from Facebook and if I was okay.

I re-activated Facebook with a new profile picture. Figured out a lot. For one, him and that other girl that he was going to ask out never happened. All I know is that her and him are not talking anymore. I do not know what happened but I can assume that it did not work out and he ended up never asking her out.

DB liked a random picture from a get together at my place that he was not invited too. Normally, he would be invited. It was a picture that he had to dig through my profile to find. Think he may have liked it by accident.

DB then went to my roommate/best friends profile and commented on her dogs picture. He has never spoken to her before this on his own so she was quite surprised. I then commented on a mutual friends vacation picture and minutes later, he commented on it.

Then a friend of his uploaded a picture of his new apartment. I commented on it and congratulated his friend. Minutes later, DB commented on it as well and "LIKED" my comment on it. This has not happened before.

Coincidence...? Trying to get my attention? Not a big deal?

Could it be that over the month or two of us not talking, he may have realized there was a void and didn't ask the other girl out? Or maybe he just decided to be single....?

Either which way, I think I may be mustering up courage to talk to him. I want too but I get so scared thinking that he will just tell me he did miss me....but just missed me as a friend or some sort of drinking buddy. I don't know what to do. I just don't want to misread anything and then get rejected...AGAIN...

I don't know what kind of spell this guy has casted over me, LOL!

Opinion?
If he tells you that you're drinking buddy then you're a drinking buddy. He's not even lying about it. Possibly sees you as one of the guys. I'm sure if you were Miss Universe, his reaction would be much different. He would be showing romantic interest and there would be no question about your situation.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:39 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
So I made a status on Facebook about missing someone and some specifics to him. He liked it. The first status he has liked since I got back on Facebook.

The next day after that status, my roommate/best friend got a phone call from a mutual friend who is also DB's friend. The mutual friend said he was having lunch with DB and was wondering if we could come join. (Me and my roomie). She said no. He then asked if they could come over later.

Mutual friend and DB came over. DB was unusually silent and left after a half hour. I was not there but my roommate told me that DB actually asked the mutual friend about me. DB asked if he had seen me lately and how I was doing. And the mutual friend thought that maybe he could bring DB over to see me and mend things up.

Mutual friend also said he would tell me more in detail what DB said about me when we get back to school on Monday.

Just an update...

Me and DB have not talked since that talk. He should know better than to come over. Why is he asking around about me anyways? He knows exactly what happened. I have come to the conclusion that he does care about me though....whether as a friend or (now) more...I dont know.

If he cares about me as a friend, then I will have to give myself time before I can be friends again. If he is asking around because he wants to talk to me and MAN up, then I will hear him out.

I just don't know what to make of all of this.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:47 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
So I made a status on Facebook about missing someone and some specifics to him. He liked it. ...

I just don't know what to make of all of this.
Why did you bait him with a FB post? What did you want to achieve?

Old 01-26-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why did you bait him with a FB post? What did you want to achieve?

Truth be told...it was liquid courage. I could have deleted it but I chose not too. I do miss him a lot...even as a friend.

I guess I just wanted to know if he misses me too. Even as a friend. You only come across people you have a connection with like this in a lifetime. I don't want to throw it away.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:15 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
Quote:

I don't know what kind of spell this guy has casted over me, LOL!

Opinion?
Huh. Sounds like you maybe....LOVE him! Ha.

Try to include him in some future get together and make sure you look damn good and try not to say anything too annoying. Ask about him and his life and try to pretend like you give a crap...and laugh at his jokes. He either wants a piece of that or he doesn't. That's all there is to it. You can casually say hi and ask him how he's doing on Facebook privately and gauge reaction accordingly also.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Huh. Sounds like you maybe....LOVE him! Ha.

Try to include him in some future get together and make sure you look damn good and try not to say anything too annoying. Ask about him and his life and try to pretend like you give a crap...and laugh at his jokes. He either wants a piece of that or he doesn't. That's all there is to it. You can casually say hi and ask him how he's doing on Facebook privately and gauge reaction accordingly also.
I am not in love with him...but love him....possibly...hahahaa.

I would try to reach out to him but I have heard many many times that it is not a good idea for the woman to reach out because men like to chase. And now he has been all over my facebook and now trying to come over and asking mutual friends about me.

And I do look damn good. My new Facebook profile picture got 86 likes. Not including him. MUAHAHHA.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:27 PM

192 posts, read 382,025 times
lol and this is why I hate Facebook

all of the indirect "subtle" games and ****... why why why.... why can't he just be a MAN and tell you he likes you? I don't get these coward tactics.. it's a waste of time! how old are you OP? (not sarcastic)

also, DM me your facebook profile pic so I can actually tell you if you're good looking or not

no need to thank me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships