Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 03:15 AM

7 posts, read 10,448 times

Advertisements

then you have to wait for a long time....So, be keeping an eye on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 04:46 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
It's been a few years since I had a Valentine, but I gave him a stuffed monkey that played music. lol

Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Nothing, we haven't exchanged gifts on Valentine's Day in years. But if we did, I'd probably find something unique and interesting for $20 - $50, depending on our relationship (new boyfriend vs. longtime/fiance) and his interests. For instance, if he plays guitar:

Personalized Guitar Pick Customize it by CustomSignsandStamps

ThinkGeek :: DIY Guitar Pick Punch

Amazon.com: Snark SN-1 Tuner: Musical Instruments

Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Wow. Are all men jerks? I sometimes think maybe they have a broken chromosome that makes them ass hats from birth when I read threads like this. Why would anyone think of Valentine's Day as a "woman's holiday" or a "woman's only holiday". Do most men secretly hate romance? Does romance really end when the "chase" of courtship ends. I find this whole thread depressing as hell. I am a woman. I am a romantic woman. I am a romantic who is on the cusp of divorce after a long, pain in the @ss marriage. I would have to be a fool to ever consider entering another marital relationship. So I guess I just need to suppress that thing in me whatever the hell it is that causes me to desire romance and men. Ugh! It is too bad God made men to just refuse to want to love women properly - that's the way I see it. Sheesh.

Valentine's day has always been my fave holiday, but in recent years it has been a huge disappointment, to say the least.

I think people just see what they want to see.

The OP, that state v-day is a "woman's holiday," is herself a woman.

You have conveniently and completely ignored all the posts from married women, telling the board the things their husbands do/did for valentines day.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:03 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
I'll still be here.... more than he deserves

Old 01-24-2013, 06:08 AM

37,613 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I'm just curious..I see it as more of a woman's holiday where the man gets the chance to be super romantic ..but I've never thought about what it is us women do for men besides well, the obvious.
I get my fella a card, and that's it. He doesn't usually bother with a card...he's lousy about buying cards and always has been. I haven't even received a BD card that last 2 years. One of the few things about him that I find frustrating.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post

I think people just see what they want to see.

The OP, that state v-day is a "woman's holiday," is herself a woman.

You have conveniently and completely ignored all the posts from married women, telling the board the things their husbands do/did for valentines day.
No, I haven't. I've just tuned into all the women who said they didn't expect anything anymore and the guy who said it was a WOMAN'S HOLIDAY and to remember March 14th. I actually know that not ALL guys are jerks - just most of them - NOT ALL. I guess you must have taken that to heart from me, a total stranger.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 AM

37,613 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You got that right! However, charm bracelets have been around for ages and you don't HAVE to buy Pandora charms. There are plenty of knock-offs for a lot less money if that is the route someone wants to go.

I love the bracelet though, so I bought it. I don't buy anything if I don't LOVE it.
I never got into charm bracelets. And I really don't see the appeal of Pandora!! I just think they look, well, blah. But man their stores are always packed, so I guess I am in the minority!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I'll still be here.... more than he deserves
Yep, I can relate.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
I always thought it was a mutual thing, but what do I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships