Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh they got caught because suddenly everything was done around the house. Lol
LMAO!!!! Wife would come be like wow "The bedsheets are washed for the 4th day in a row" LMAO!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
What do you call a relationship where they are living together? My wife has a problem with our son in such a relationship, where he says they are "dating." We think it's more than just "dating."
They are playing house.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:41 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
What do you call a relationship where they are living together? My wife has a problem with our son in such a relationship, where he says they are "dating." We think it's more than just "dating."
I think it's more than dating as well. I had this 'title' issue with my SO or bf or whatever it is you would like to call him. He kept saying we were dating and to be truthful, it upset me.

If I am living with him, washing, folding, and putting away his clothes, having dinner ready for him when he gets home, cleaning the house, doing the grocery shopping, etc, I am more than dating.

On top of those things, we sleep in the same bed and are intimate with one another. We go to bed together at night, and we wake up together in the morning. We visit our family members together, we do everything together.

That is not dating. So, we made it to boyfriend and girlfriend. We are not married, but it sure feels like we are. In that case, I feel like I am more than just his girlfriend, so what is the name for it?

Well, thanks to a CD thread I was on last night, I learned that Face book is calling him my Domestic Partner.

I said, "Yay! You're my domestic partner!" He said, "Well thank God we now have a name for what we are! Now when someone asks, that's what I will tell them!"

We were both cracking up, and to be goofy, I changed my fb status, and he accepted. Now we have confirmed that we are domestic partners, living in sin! Oh. no.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:44 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
When I lived with my bf for a year I still just called him my bf. I dont personally believe in titles more serious or permanent than dating or bf/gf.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:57 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Unless engaged or married, I would think bf/gf is sufficient when living together.

Of course.... in response to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I think it's more than dating as well. I had this 'title' issue with my SO or bf or whatever it is you would like to call him. He kept saying we were dating and to be truthful, it upset me.

If I am living with him, washing, folding, and putting away his clothes, having dinner ready for him when he gets home, cleaning the house, doing the grocery shopping, etc, I am more than dating.

On top of those things, we sleep in the same bed and are intimate with one another. We go to bed together at night, and we wake up together in the morning. We visit our family members together, we do everything together.

That is not dating. So, we made it to boyfriend and girlfriend. We are not married, but it sure feels like we are. In that case, I feel like I am more than just his girlfriend, so what is the name for it?

Well, thanks to a CD thread I was on last night, I learned that Face book is calling him my Domestic Partner.

I said, "Yay! You're my domestic partner!" He said, "Well thank God we now have a name for what we are! Now when someone asks, that's what I will tell them!"

We were both cracking up, and to be goofy, I changed my fb status, and he accepted. Now we have confirmed that we are domestic partners, living in sin! Oh. no.
... sounds like he is your common-law husband.

(J/K!)

Old 01-24-2013, 02:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
LMAO!!!! Wife would come be like wow "The bedsheets are washed for the 4th day in a row" LMAO!!
Haha...your bad.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:14 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

living in sin? you are such a bad bad girl hahaha

Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,764,494 times
Funny, everyone's definition of everything is somewhat different.

FWIW, "exclusive" to me doesn't necessarily mean BF/GF. When I've been in "casual" relationships, I generally don't like for either of us to be "casual" other people. That might change the definition of "casual" for some, lol, but I'm not really into sloppy seconds.

The only time it didn't work for me was when she was overally caught up in titles.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Unless engaged or married, I would think bf/gf is sufficient when living together.

Of course.... in response to this...

... sounds like he is your common-law husband.

(J/K!)
Sounds like if I wash your underwear you are more than just my boyfriend! lolol

Old 01-24-2013, 03:08 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
My ex-SO's definition of "friend" was very different from mine. As in, "She's just a 'friend'."

It was our differing definitions that broke us up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships