Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times

Advertisements

First, the vid is fake (because who would be stupid enough to record themselves doing this?)

Second, even if this was real, the guy handled it like a complete ass.

Third, there is no excuse for cheating, regardless of gender.

Fourth, broad brush generalizations of women always faulting the man for their indiscretions is so passe.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
First, the vid is fake (because who would be stupid enough to record themselves doing this?)

Second, even if this was real, the guy handled it like a complete ass.

Third, there is no excuse for cheating, regardless of gender.

Fourth, broad brush generalizations of women always faulting the man for their indiscretions is so passe.
I think it's real.

And I don't think he was an ass. He probably bought the car for her.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:15 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
My local news channel does a trivia question every morning. About a year ago, the question was "one-third of people with online dating profiles have THIS in common." Answer was "they are already married." They didn't cite the source but based on the stories I've heard, I'm not surprised. (My friend's co-worker is really good at attracting the married ones).

Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I think it's real.

And I don't think he was an ass. He probably bought the car for her.
Married for five years and yet someone can't handle the situation with any form of tact? Give her three days to get her stuff and move on. Go f*ck a hooker if it makes you feel better. But stooping down to her level by doing something like that shows a lack of maturity and only validates what the woman had written in her profile (not that the blame falls on the guy as it was a choice on her part to go seeking elsewhere without breaking things off first).

Jesus, CD is filled more vindictive, sociopathic, train wrecks that any place I've ever frequented. Grow the hell up people

Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Married for five years and yet someone can't handle the situation with any form of tact? Give her three days to get her stuff and move on. Go f*ck a hooker if it makes you feel better. But stooping down to her level by doing something like that shows a lack of maturity and only validates what the woman had written in her profile (not that the blame falls on the guy as it was a choice on her part to go seeking elsewhere without breaking things off first).
I'm sure he doesn't care about what anybody else thinks (he's not married to them) and definitely doesn't care about getting her respect anymore. Who cares if it validates what she said? She was done with him anyway.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:28 AM

344 posts, read 395,873 times
Personally, I thought the video was probably fictional, but I think its authenticity is close to 50-50. If I were the guy I would not have filled the car with crap. It would take a lot of vacuuming and the woman is almost assuredly not going to be the poor slob doing it. The guy should simply be gone, leaving perhaps a memo directing his wife to her dating website page. That would be a classier thing to do and make him more of a catch for another, better woman in his life, which if he had any say in it, would be in about a week.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:31 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,416 times
This reminds me of the father that filmed himself shooting his daughter's laptop with a gun after she posted things he didn't like on Facebook.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 AM

518 posts, read 1,004,154 times
Quote:
^^^
This. His heart was probably broken and had a knee-jerk reaction to discovering her profile and her utter betrayal. Although I sympathize with the husband, I believe he handled his discovery wayyyy inappropriately.

Quote:
I'm sure he doesn't care about what anybody else thinks (he's not married to them) and definitely doesn't care about getting her respect anymore. Who cares if it validates what she said? She was done with him anyway.
If she was truly "done" with her husband, there is a thing called SEPARATION and DIVORCE. Her going on a dating site searching for suitors/sexual partners WHILE she's STILL married is a horrible, immature and unthinkable thing for her to do! Although I don't agree with what her husband did - his actions have definitely helped her to realize the gravity of what SHE has done. It has also introduced her to that little thing called Karma. In this life, the universe keeps all things in BALANCE. She has reaped what she has sown. So now, she can get her car all cleaned up at the local car wash and then pack her bags and LEAVE her "crazy" husband; which is what she should've done in the first place instead of looking for sex and companionship elsewhere while still married and living with her husband.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
This reminds me of the father that filmed himself shooting his daughter's laptop with a gun after she posted things he didn't like on Facebook.
That's different. A daughter can't leave her father and the father should not have done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
^^^
This. His heart was probably broken and had a knee-jerk reaction to discovering her profile and her utter betrayal. Although I sympathize with the husband, I believe he handled his discovery wayyyy inappropriately.

If she was truly "done" with her husband, there is a thing called SEPARATION and DIVORCE. Her going on a dating site searching for suitors/sexual partners WHILE she's STILL married is a horrible, immature and unthinkable thing for her to do! Although I don't agree with what her husband did - his actions have definitely helped her to realize the gravity of what SHE has done. It has also introduced her to that little thing called Karma. In this life, the universe keeps all things in BALANCE. She has reaped what she has sown. So now, she can get her car all cleaned up at the local car wash and then pack her bags and LEAVE her "crazy" husband; which is what she should've done in the first place instead of looking for sex and companionship elsewhere while still married and living with her husband.
Thank you. The voice of reason.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 AM

I don't understand the sick desire people have to share every private detail of their life online, but that's an entirely different topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships