Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 04:52 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

My old saying:

You are #1, just not the only one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 04:55 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighScience View Post
If people just realized this they'd be so much happier in their lives.

There is no such thing as a soul mate or that special someone. Romantic love is a lie. It's all a lie. Just like there is no God. It's a shame people get duped into believing in fairy tales and think fall for the live-happily-ever-after myth. Life just isn't like that.
Wow getting out of bed in the morning must suck for you! I couldn't imagine going through life being so bitter!

Lighten up. Laugh a little. Life is short. Good luck.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Default THIS is why I love men so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
ive fallen in mid December, poor sleep, got 11 hours last night and feel a little better--prevented me from falling into hell. ive got it bad for a 58 year old woman, never had it so bad for anybody and at that age. when those GD endorphines die i will be happy because this is pure misery
A post of hope...for all of us middle-aged (Senior) ladies, no more ruminating, wringing of the hands, verklempting, or otherwise worrying that LOVE cannot be had again for us. I do not know how old this gentleman is, however, he is saying that love (lust...maybe both, hopefully) after a certain age is certainly possible!

At this moment in time...there is hope for humanity.

Cheers to all the fine ladies and all the fine gentlemen who will eventually have it bad for each other!

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 01-27-2013, 05:45 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
Home is where--i just turned 51. i have never had it so bad. but realistically, there is at least one thing holding me back--we work together. we both are professionals but the thing is she is probably smarter than me and her career is better than mine. she makes more $$ than i do and i am increasingly starting to feel bad about it. it intimidates me to death. she has connections connections connections thaty i don't have. i have heard some things where some have thought she liked me but this is a very difficult spot to be in. i know she is not married and im not sure if she has a SO and i don't feel comfortable asking either. i am waiting for this feeling to die out i can't stand it anymore

Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
RL.. there are a lot of very successful older women our age. They also need a good man who can give them love and companionship. It's intimidating when we find one who might have a better income, power, a great career but keep in mind they are just ladies also. They have needs and desires just like us guys.

Be your normal self and try not to be intimidated. Be confident of who you are and that you're a good man with a lot to offer a good woman.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 PM

Rakin her linked- in page is loaded with connections. handsome drug reps in and out of her office(shes a NP). she goes out with them to these upscale restaurants. i know it's just all business and that they are much younger than her but still i wonder if she gets attracted to them. out of all the guys i am the only one who never makes comments to her about her looks. maybe thats why she likes me. i give her a "break". and let me tell you, these guys do it wrong and say it wrong too (ive heard NEVER to tell an older woman she "looks good for her age"). ive personally seen guys fawning all over her and her not liking it. so this is my lesson #1, don't make it obvious that i like her

i just can't ask her out it would be WRONG of me to do that on the job. i would have to be sure she liked me. ive had a lot of evidence that she might but you never know in the end.

but Rakin your kind words help me with this and thanks

Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 PM

ive heard she won't go out with married men and likes younger guys so that means shes not married. but these drug reps are younger than her and myself. sometimes i wonder if any of them who are single ask her out. all these guys have more confidence than i have.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 PM

and now if she takes off 2/14 or leaves work early(she works 9-7) that means she has someone most likely. i dread the approaching 2/14.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:03 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
There not be any scientific proof for a 'one', but my life is sure as hell more complete when I think about the 'one'. I mean what else is there to life? Money? I may not be the richest guy in the world, but even if I had a million or more dollars than I already have, I dont think I'll be happier. Now that I have a little money, I'm less happier than I was when I was broke. I can buy stuff to hide my unhappiness better, but money hasn't done me any favors.

So when I think about a young lady who makes me happy, who will be my wife, and have my child, it gives me a reason to keep going. Oh I have struck out in the game of love at levels which is embarrassing. But at the end of the day, I've felt love before, and I hope to feel it again. I can't think of anything else that could inspire or complete my life.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:11 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,028 times
Neo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships