Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times

Advertisements

Omg match made in Heaven! Napy666 and bson!

Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM

662 posts, read 1,260,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
What's the use of that money if one fails to have a life?

You know, I really don't care how they do it in Asia or Italy. In the United States, the cultural emphasis is on moving out of the nest and being self-sufficient at the earliest possible age, which is why men who continue to live with their parents after graduation are considered to be less than fully adult, semi-dependent guys with Failure To Launch issues. I mean, if the poster lived in Milan, I'd say, "Sure. Knock yourself out. Live with Mom until she drops dead of exhaustion from cooking and cleaning for you." But he's not, so I don't.
To be honest..It's a new world.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I am nervous about dating because I still live with my parents. Is it possible to date at my age and still live at home?
It's all in your head. Don't bother dating, just go and hang out with women. You would be surprised what kind of results you get if you just take the attitude that you are just looking for friends to hang out with. Don't be too selective when it comes to drinking buddies, just look for having good times. good luck.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
I have a full time job, buts its a dead end job. I don't really make enough money to save either. I'm in a pretty tough spot.

Well welcome to life. no one ever said it was going to be or was suppose to be easy. You know what staying at home with your parents represent? It's a safety net. You don't really have to try, becasue really, what's the penalty for failing? If you lost your dead end job tomorrow, does it really even matter? It's not like you need to worry about getting evicted.

And that's the point I'm trying to make. When you actually have a penalty for losing, you try harder. I'm pretty sure in 5 more years you'll be at home with mommy and daddy. Again, as long as they let you stay there, you can take your time getting your stuff together. But the minute you get an apartment, those bills, those lights, and that rent comes up, you know it's time for serious business.

See you'll try harder to get that promotion, or get your ass on the street and find a better job. You won't mind working 2 or 3 jobs to make end's meet and pay the bills. That's because you are afraid of being out in the streets.

That's what a woman respect really. A man who has his own and can take care of himself. A woman loves a provider who can hold it down. And even if you were some broke guy but still keeping his bills paid, you will inspire women to be by your side.

Now you can keep on making excuses, but it's not going to fly with me. I come straight out of the projects in a midwestern city. I now live in one of the most affluent suburbs in Washington. I still have a long way to go, but I've come a long way. So can you. Trust me, the challenges you think you have, I've probably been through them, and been through worse. So get your ass out of your parents house, start looking for apartments, and start gettings some bills in your name. Then you will feel way more confident when talking to women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AScarpacci View Post
As we explained to you ignorant about the ways of others, it is common in certain cultures to live at home. If you're smart you can save a lot of money by doing so.
this is America, I don't give a damn about what other cultures do.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:03 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
To be honest..It's a new world.
No it's not. Hell, back in the Stone Age when I graduated college, unemployment was at 10% in this country. I worked two crappy jobs, lived in a tiny apartment, and barely scraped by for a couple of years. But I managed to have a dating life. I refuse to believe the line of baloney that somehow this generation has it harder than the ones that preceded it.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM

662 posts, read 1,260,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AScarpacci View Post
As we explained to you ignorant about the ways of others, it is common in certain cultures to live at home. If you're smart you can save a lot of money by doing so.
Wow creative, you added your first initial to your newer user name. AScarpacci

Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
Wow creative, you added your first initial to your newer user name. AScarpacci
That's so we wouldn't know who he was. He's a clever one.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:08 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,306,258 times
Quote:
I am nervous about dating because I still live with my parents. Is it possible to date at my age and still live at home?
Sure you can. Many people still live at home because of many reasons. The person who you are dating if they are worth their salt will see you for you. Do not worry about judgmental people, they also have their own problems.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 PM

2 posts, read 21,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's so we wouldn't know who he was. He's a clever one.
I can play this game too. It was actually meant to be in your face. I have an endless supply of emails and domain names ... I hate whiny crybabies who cry to the moderator.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Hmmm. Are you sure that's the reason? I thought it might be something related to, I don't know... THIS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships