Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScarpacci View Post
And I don't care about you, either. If you want to do things the hard way, that's your business. But you have no right to dictate how I or the OP does things. He doesn't have to answer to me, you, some stupid bimbo that wants someone's sausage inside of her or anybody else.

Look around you, man. Look at the wealthy AMERICAN families around you. How many of them kick their kids out the door at 18?

Do you want me to list the names of companies? Here's one you've heard of: Macy's ... mostly the Lazarus family from about 1851 through the 1980's. Do you think they would have been the ones building what became Macy's with your atttitude?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_(department_store)

Unless his parents are rich, I'm not sure what that has to do with the conversation. I also don't think there is anything hard about getting out on your own, because that's what you're suppose to do. Seriously, I can understand 22 or 23 at home with your parents. Not over 25 though. It's worse when you've never had your own either. I've had to move back with my parents twice, but I was so quick to get up out of there. I don't like the idea of being underneath my mother. My mother isn't rich, she can't afford to take care of me, a 33 year old grown ass man.

Peope are just stupid these days. you want a higher quality of life, don't do it at other people's expensive. Get your ass out there on the grind like everyone else is doing, and take your lumps. If you want a perfect life, I find it very unfair to do it while leeching off your parents. So what, you're going to become another person who is stuggling. Other people struggle, and there is nothing special about you to say you shouldn't. Again, if you were away from your parents house you would know that. Post lke yours is a prime example of why people need to leave the house. They need a reality check. If your parents fall over and die, you're going to get one. you're going to have to get one sooner or later.

you people really trip me out with such nonsense. What freakin world do you people live in? Because you aren't living on the same planet I am.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,782,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
grind like everyone else is doing, and take your lumps.
You make it sound kind of sexy!

Old 01-28-2013, 09:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
OP how can you date if you have a job that makes it hard for you to save money?

I actually think you should take a break from dating because it sounds like financially you are unable to

Old 01-28-2013, 09:59 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,782,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
OP how can you date if you have a job that makes it hard for you to save money?

I actually think you should take a break from dating because it sounds like financially you are unable to
I'm sure that many a good relationship has been started by a (free) walk in the park or a (cheap) cup of coffee. Not every date needs to be at some highfalutin place like Red Lobster or Olive Garden!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
I'm sure that many a good relationship has been started by a (free) walk in the park or a (cheap) cup of coffee. Not every date needs to be at some highfalutin place like Red Lobster or Olive Garden!

But multiple dates add up

Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 PM

177 posts, read 303,018 times
Nah, don't bother. I mean casual dating ( walks in the park, driving around the city, feeding fish) is fine. But soon a woman is going to want more. If its so hard for you to save right now I suggest you leave the girlfriend thing alone. Unless you do facebook chat girlfriend. They're cheap. Start saving! Even people who works at McDonald's saves.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times
To me it just seems like such a shallow reason to not date someone. I could see if they were abusive or something but because they are living at home trying to save money....come on now.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I am nervous about dating because I still live with my parents. Is it possible to date at my age and still live at home?
Do you have a job? You paying rent? Paying all your bills? Cleaning the house? Are you generally a good person with character and good morals?

If yes, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't or can't date. If you are taking responsibility of your bills/rent then I don't see why other people should tell you that you shouldn't date.

I live with my mother, and she is unemployed. I have a job, car, pay my bills and the rent here, I clean, occasionally cook, and am a pretty good guy that makes people laugh and has some goals, but people always judge me because I don't make much money, yet I still don't care what they say because I think I'm a good catch and don't get why people wouldn't want to date me. If they have a problem with the amount of money I make and look past everything else I have to offer, then I don't need them hoez anyways. I need a real woman.

Good luck amigo!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
What's the use of that money if one fails to have a life?

You know, I really don't care how they do it in Asia or Italy. In the United States, the cultural emphasis is on moving out of the nest and being self-sufficient at the earliest possible age, which is why men who continue to live with their parents after graduation are considered to be less than fully adult, semi-dependent guys with Failure To Launch issues. I mean, if the poster lived in Milan, I'd say, "Sure. Knock yourself out. Live with Mom until she drops dead of exhaustion from cooking and cleaning for you." But he's not, so I don't.
So basically you're saying that your parents or parent would not allow you to have a 'life'?....lol...I hope they read this post...I live with my mother, we get along just like friends. I'm 34 and have a great time living with her. I have friends over, drink beer occasionally around her, and we talk and joke about things other people would be afraid to talk about with their parents/kids. So I guess you are assuming that everyone's parents are just like yours or like what we all see on TV. Not in my case. I'm sure your parent/parents would be proud to know that their child 'has no life' because of them when you end up losing your job and have to move back home someday.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,626,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
You guys are silly. so you think a young man needs to be living at home at 27 years old? Bad economy is the reason. There have been a bad economy several times over the generations. People in the past actually got up and left to different cities where the work actually was. My grandma couldn't find work in her home town, and she moved to the midwest. That's what you do. I mean the guy clearly has internet access to post in this forum, so he can look on the internet for jobs. Half of the correspondence is through phone and emails anyway. He may need to take a greyhound, or a plane. That's OK, he already has a dead end job. It's not like rent and bills are kicking his ass, so he can go ahead and get him a cheap grayhound or a plane ticket to an interview. You may be saying that's a waste of money to do that, but what else is he going to spend it on? He doesn't have any bills!

And bam, there you go, you're in a new city with a new life, and now it's time to be a man. You guys talk about things being overpriced, or it's a bad economy. Well after you turn 18 that is no one's damn problem but yours. Yes yours. So it's only up to you to do something about it. I'm doing something about it, a lot of people i know are doing soemthing about it, it's about damn time you did soemthing about it. I don't feel sorry for anyone living at home. Now if you got evicted, ran into hard times, well I can understand that. But to have never left the house? How can you even call yourself a man?
I don't want to be posting in the names of other forum members, I will give my opinion. Pay note it is an opinion of someone who is in fact renting an apartment ALONE, because I don't want any roommates now... and I can afford it.
Renting an apartment costs hundreds of dollars. Extra costs for bills and stuff just add up. It's not unreasonable to claim that costs will raise up to 10,000$ per year for such lifestyle... money he could have saved, NOT the money to hang out and drink until early hours with loser friends or to buy an overpriced car that will rapidly lose on value within a few years... that's showing off.
If he has the option to live with his parents and drive to his work, he should use it to cut his spending, but he needs to make sure to tell his parents to start giving him independence within their own house... that's NOT the kind of independence to fool within their own house, but to tell his mother and father that he is serious of getting independent, so he should start taking responsibilities within the house - vacuum cleaning the house regularly, the house, washing his clothes, ironing, learning how to cook meals and stuff and washing the dishes, fixing things inside of house, cleaning the water drainage inside in the bathroom, etc. Make them teach you anything they know and don't just ask, INSIST on it. Those are things you should've up until now... but then again, I've learned those things in my early 20s and I felt that I should've known it as a 18 y/o... but main thing is that it's never too late to learn useful things, what's past is past, and you learn those things for the future.
It's good to get such habit to do things, it may make others feel more useless but convince them that it's for your own good - they will probably like it.

There's nothing wrong with being with your parents IF you aren't acting like a big baby - having them to feed you, wash your clothes, cook your meals, give you money while you do stupid stuff like hanging around and drinking, etc... you should start doing those things by yourself, little by little, and you should give your parents part of your money instead, food and stuff doesn't fall from the sky. Any job is good than none, it creates a certain habit.
I hope those advices will help you in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships