U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Leaving clothes on the floor (male vs female)
I'm a guy, and I often leave my clothes on the floor 18 22.50%
I'm a woman, and I often leave my clothes on the floor 23 28.75%
I'm a guy, and I never leave my clothes on the floor 14 17.50%
I'm a woman, and I never leave my clothes on the floor 25 31.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:57 AM

169 posts, read 438,809 times

Advertisements

Is the habit of dropping clothing on the floor and leaving it there indefinitely, pretty much just a "guy thing"? I've seen it firsthand in the rooms and apartments of males aged anywhere from preteens through late 30s but I wonder if its strictly a male habit or do some women do it too.

The latest was last week when I went to look at a home for sale. The owner (I should know better than to look at FSBOs but it was in a really nice area) explained that the house is currently being temporarily lived in by her 27-year-old son because they (the sellers) already moved to their new house out of state: "And you know how guys are, of course". Well, I do know "how guys are", I suppose, but I wasn't prepared for seeing clothing strewn all over the floor in practically EVERY room: living room, den, two of the three bedrooms, both bathrooms AND the hallway outside the bathrooms. The mom actually commented in a lighthearted way, "It's messy, I know, but he says he always knows exactly where everything is" -- as if that was a good reason not to put things away in drawers or boxes or on hangers. But now I wonder, IS that the male logic, and is it male logic only?

So here's my "inquiring mind wants to know" poll ... it's anonymous, so please be honest, LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 11:16 AM

786 posts, read 132,103 times
My wife is the house slob, not me. She will typically leave clothes strewn around everywhere but the clothes hamper. Then when our maids come for their bi-weekly house cleaning, the hamper will be left piled a mile high when they leave... all the clothes she left laying everywhere.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:22 AM

3,403 posts, read 9,346,688 times
shuke.. teach your maids to pick up clothing. hah.

I, firsthand, strew my clothing everywhere possible, but limit it to just the bedroom. When I have free time I will pick it all up, do laundry, organize everything... mostly on the weekendds. Then when the work week hits again they start their little piles until the next "break" hits.

It feels nice when everything is neat and orderly, but sometimes it just really isn't feasable. I maintain a balance between the 2 quite regularly.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:44 PM
miu

13,062 posts, read 22,525,381 times
We both are casual where we leave our worn clothes. My boyfriend is worse than me, especially about his socks.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:47 PM

6,396 posts, read 5,971,320 times
No clothes on my floors. Once I was able to buy a house, I learned to keep it clean. I never knew when visitors will show up.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:56 PM

7,319 posts, read 8,697,199 times
My husband and I are both guilty of leaving our clothes on the bedroom floor before hopping into bed after a long or rough day and usually we pick them up off the floor the following day. We do not leave our clothes strewn about the house though.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:16 PM
miu

13,062 posts, read 22,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
No clothes on my floors. Once I was able to buy a house, I learned to keep it clean. I never knew when visitors will show up.
Ah... we don't anyone visiting us. We love our privacy and both our families live far away (yay!). My mom is a neat freak which is why I'm not.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:57 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,931,830 times
I'm terrible with clothes. They're everywhere in my room.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:24 PM

2,639 posts, read 4,596,679 times
I'm a guy and to get the door to my room open you have to football tackle it to push back the wall of clothes behind it. I generally keep the rest of the house pretty clean and tidy but my room is an absolute tip. It's generally because I'll go upstairs to go to bed at about 2:30am and will be way too tired to bother putting my clothes away. Then in the morning I'll shuffle past the mountain of garments strewn all over the floor in search of coffee and won't go back in there until the next night.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:03 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,540,955 times
I'm a guy and I leave my clothes on the floor because I have hardwood floors and it's cheaper than buying an area rug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships