Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Greetings.

This post is kind of a commeration of a full year passing since I unloaded my frustrations about relating to women. It was ugly and I was a knucklehead posting during that time. You don't believe me? Read for yourself.

Why I'm "cynical" about love and think it's mostly BS

In the year that passed, I have gone through a hard personal journey that has brought out a lot of improvement, a death of a way of thinking that was making me miserable, and finally some success with women. I finally dealt with a lot of issues and anger I had from a very rough childhood that made me fear relationships and love and hated anyone who tried to tell me otherwise. Once I decided to finally get off the sideline and put myself in the game, I had pretty shocking results for myself. I have gone out on my first date ever (which sucked but I still count it as a major turning point.) I have more female friends who trust me and see me as a class act. And I have a confidence that has extended into other areas of my life.

Which brings me to today. Tomorrow I have a second date with a girl I really like and hope we can turn into more. I could have never imagined being in this state or even wanting to be in this state one year ago.

I just want to express my appreciation for this subforum which helped me realize I was sick and needed to address my issues to get better. I may not like everyone here, I may still not agree with the ladies in every case, I may be a little mean. But overall this forum turned me into a better person. I'd like to think I am proof that once a person makes up their mind to change, they can actually do it provided they have the courage to see it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Greetings.

This post is kind of a commeration of a full year passing since I unloaded my frustrations about relating to women. It was ugly and I was a knucklehead posting during that time. You don't believe me? Read for yourself.

Why I'm "cynical" about love and think it's mostly BS

In the year that passed, I have gone through a hard personal journey that has brought out a lot of improvement, a death of a way of thinking that was making me miserable, and finally some success with women. I finally dealt with a lot of issues and anger I had from a very rough childhood that made me fear relationships and love and hated anyone who tried to tell me otherwise. Once I decided to finally get off the sideline and put myself in the game, I had pretty shocking results for myself. I have gone out on my first date ever (which sucked but I still count it as a major turning point.) I have more female friends who trust me and see me as a class act. And I have a confidence that has extended into other areas of my life.

Which brings me to today. Tomorrow I have a second date with a girl I really like and hope we can turn into more. I could have never imagined being in this state or even wanting to be in this state one year ago.

I just want to express my appreciation for this subforum which helped me realize I was sick and needed to address my issues to get better. I may not like everyone here, I may still not agree with the ladies in every case, I may be a little mean. But overall this forum turned me into a better person. I'd like to think I am proof that once a person makes up their mind to change, they can actually do it provided they have the courage to see it out.
Good to hear of the progress you have made. It is amazing how things can change, Often right at the point we just feel like giving up and the world is against us. And a year later you are living and thinking differently. Congrats and enjoy the 2nd date. Take it slow and get to know one another-Your views, desires, experiences etc.

2013 already on a good foot for you!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Good for you D. Just don't come back here complaining about women and crap again if your date with this chick doesn't go as you want it to.

I wish you the very best with the date though.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:17 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
I'm so happy for you Dissenter! You could be a mentor to some of these he-man female haters on this forum. Keep up the good work, and I hope miss lady is the right one for you!

You have inspired me a bit too, a lot of my hatred has stemmed from child hood as well and my upbringing and experiences with the opposite sex over all. Hopefully I can make a turn around too.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
You've gone from someone I was afraid of running into in real life for fear that you'd punch me in the face to someone who I'd LOVE to meet in person! I'd give you a big hug and buy you a drink! So happy that you've turned over a new leaf and that you're a better, happier person because of it!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Very cool OP, Diss!

*APPLAUSE*

Congratulations! And let us know how date #2 works out.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
A lot can change in a year! I hope it works out with the lady in question.

Also, you're in a great position to share what worked for you, because others are bound to come along who are currently in the shoes you discarded. You could probably really help someone. I hope you'll consider it should the opportunity arise.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:49 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Good luck on the 2nd date!!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Yeah man, I saw you change a lot. I'm happy for you!

Hopefully the date goes well and you'll be able to go from there!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
I've not been around long enough to get to know you and i think it's safe to say we've most definitely had our differences lol but I don't wish anyone to be unhappy, whatever you've went through I'm happy for you that your now in a better place and good luck with your 2nd date
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships