Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 PM

147 posts, read 284,903 times

Advertisements

Yes I think you should leave him but I don't think you will. It sounds a little bit like you are infatuated with him. Most people who were secure within themselves enough would have told him to go hop it already, knowing so blatantly that he's checking out other women all the time.. What if he did the same in real life? Every time you're in a bar he's chatting up and checking out every woman around you...?!! (Sorry but LOL ~ madness!).

If he genuinely fancies you and sees a long term relationship with you, there is no way he'd be on that site still, it would be the last thing on his mind and he'd be delighted he had found Miss right through it or at least found someone who made him less interested in checking out and perving out other possibilities. He also clearly thinks you're a moron if he thinks likening it to Facebook will wash with you...

Think about it if the shoe was on the other foot and you were on the site still - why would you be? 'Cause you are hooked on checking out other men and probably would mean this new guy you've met isn't doing much for you in order to shop window shopping.

At the risk of sounding very harsh ~ grow some self respect and dump him. You are allowing him to make a fool out of you and are doing nothing to make him desire you at all. Men, like woman, want what they can't have and you're throwing yourself at him like a door mat.

Last edited by Olliesyd; 01-30-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 09:13 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
We met in July and have been friends since. You can be in love with someone and not be dating them....
Only if it is a completely one-sided infatuation...

Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 PM

198 posts, read 444,752 times
Hey, women want the bad boy. The fact that this guy is brazenly and defiantly chasing other girls is what makes the OP so hot for him. If he was some beta herb she'd probably have dumped him by now.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus of Board View Post
Hey, women want the bad boy. The fact that this guy is brazenly and defiantly chasing other girls is what makes the OP so hot for him. If he was some beta herb she'd probably have dumped him by now.
Yeah all women do want a bad boy until said as*hole totally f*cks them over, then they realise what they want is someone who is a decent guy and not a total head-wrecker. Have been there done that. I agree it does seem to be a right-of-passage thing with women to want to throw themselves at men who don't give a rat's arse about them, but normally they'll do it once, cry a lot then face reality they are never going to change them and move on to the nice bloke... and look back and think

Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
How many dates over 2 months? How serious have things been? Any talk of making things "exclusive" or something like that?

It isn't uncommon for people to not become exclusive with someone in the early stages of dating.

Depends a lot on how things have been going and such.

Could be a sign that he doesn't see a real future, so is still searching his options. That could be due to his lack of interest, belief you have a lack of interest, or just not at a point yet where he wants to be exclusive.

What does he say about the state of your relationship? (instead of the state of his activities on dating sites)?
Yes, I think dating for only 2 months means it's a little early to get possessive and believe the relationship has to be exclusive -- dating a few times doesn't mean there's some lifelong committment, it's still in the trial stages.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
If you guys are exclusive then he IS dating someone so what does he need to be on a dating website for? You've asked him to stop, he clearly knows how you feel, and he continues to just go ahead and do it anyway knowing it upsets you. Doesn't sound like a very good boyfriend to me.
I totally agree! Also, kind of be careful HOW you meet someone because if you actually get together with the person & they continue the same activity of how you two met, you're not going to like it.

For example, I personally never go to bars or clubs because I'm not the type to anyway & I don't think it's a high caliber place to meet high caliber people, but let's say that I did & starting dating someone I met there. Well, it's kind of hypocritical to suddenly tell him to stop going to bars & clubs because after all, that's how I met him. HOWEVER, if you BOTH agreed that this is exclusive & neither of you will be on dating sites ever again because you don't need to anymore, that's another story & you should both abide by that. Did you talk to him up front when you started dating him to make sure he knew on day 1 of your exclusivity that you don't like him being on those dating sites anymore? Nvertheless, he knows how you feel now & he doesn't seem to care, so you have 2 choices: 1) stay in the relationship & be miserable because you're "madly in love" OR 2) get rid of his arse & be free again...& a lot happier. I would have chosen 2 long ago the minute I see that he's not going to stop getting on those dating sites.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:57 PM

96 posts, read 206,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, I think dating for only 2 months means it's a little early to get possessive and believe the relationship has to be exclusive -- dating a few times doesn't mean there's some lifelong committment, it's still in the trial stages.
Everyone keeps misunderstanding me. We are exclusive. We've known each other for 8 months and he asked me to be his girlfriend 2 months ago. There didn't need to be any "dates" because we had been friends long enough to know each other.

Hopefully I was more clear this time.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM

Well, I openend my dating sites back up. Next time I see him I'll check them right in front of him and see what he says. I'll probably end up breaking up with him, he doesn't even seem to know how to apologize when he's in the wrong (different issue).

Old 01-31-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
he doesn't even seem to know how to apologize when he's in the wrong (different issue).
No ill-intentions here but are you quite young? Have you dated many men?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 PM

I'm 19. I've had 13 boyfriends including him, and have been on dates with a few others, but they didn't lead anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships