U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2013, 04:31 AM
 
Location: Chapel Hill, N.C.
36,484 posts, read 43,738,878 times
Reputation: 47257

Advertisements

The line "Feminism teaches women that men are the enemy" was alarming. On the contrary, feminism started out teaching women they did not have to take abuse from men, that they were entitled to equal and fair treatment and pay and to not continue the roll of second class citizen. How that became thinking that men were the enemy is beyond me and I was part of the first stages of feminism in the 60's.
If men are threatened by strong and independent women it says more about them than it does about women.

If "women Aren't Women Anymore" means they are no longer willing to be held back, are looking for relationships with men so entrenched in their own masculinity that they aren't threatened by a strong woman, then feminism is being very successful. Women are changing. The men need to learn to keep up and abandon old stereotypes of both genders.

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Young men giving up on marriage: ‘Women aren’t women anymore’

 
Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 AM
 
16,437 posts, read 19,129,232 times
Reputation: 9518
Women are still women, but they have been raised to compete with men in the marketplace. They have not been taught to be submissive to their husbands, or even that they should have husbands or be mothers. In other words, they have been raised to be men, not women. And there we have it.
 
Old 02-01-2013, 04:52 AM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,629 posts, read 33,413,509 times
Reputation: 32339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Women are still women, but they have been raised to compete with men in the marketplace. They have not been taught to be submissive to their husbands, or even that they should have husbands or be mothers. In other words, they have been raised to be men, not women. And there we have it.
You are saying this like it's a bad thing. I as a 24 year old male, would value a having a woman who is able to compete for a quality job and has a backbone when push comes to shove. It'd also be a major plus if she decided not to have children and said screw motherhood. Nothing wrong whatsoever with being secure with who you are and not settling for mediocrity as far as relationships go.
 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 AM
 
16,437 posts, read 19,129,232 times
Reputation: 9518
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You are saying this like it's a bad thing. I as a 24 year old male, would value a having a woman who is able to compete for a quality job and has a backbone when push comes to shove. It'd also be a major plus if she decided not to have children and said screw motherhood. Nothing wrong whatsoever with being secure with who you are and not settling for mediocrity as far as relationships go.
To each his own.
 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 AM
 
Location: Greenbelt, MD
8,957 posts, read 6,493,785 times
Reputation: 44306
I like feminism so I won't be opening up that link. That quote is not true and highly offensive. Pure nonsense.

The article sounds like nothing more than right wing hate. I won't give them the satisfaction of an extra "hit" on that web site.
 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:40 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,906 posts, read 36,315,569 times
Reputation: 42508
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
The line "Feminism teaches women that men are the enemy" was alarming. On the contrary, feminism started out teaching women they did not have to take abuse from men, that they were entitled to equal and fair treatment and pay and to not continue the roll of second class citizen. How that became thinking that men were the enemy is beyond me and I was part of the first stages of feminism in the 60's.
If men are threatened by strong and independent women it says more about them than it does about women.

If "women Aren't Women Anymore" means they are no longer willing to be held back, are looking for relationships with men so entrenched in their own masculinity that they aren't threatened by a strong woman, then feminism is being very successful. Women are changing. The men need to learn to keep up and abandon old stereotypes of both genders.

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Young men giving up on marriage: ‘Women aren’t women anymore’
Pro-life website ... is this a religious group? Of course feminism and religion clash.

We're raising our son to not need a submissive woman, so if there aren't a lot out there, he should be fine.
 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:41 AM
 
Location: a primitive state
9,875 posts, read 20,151,295 times
Reputation: 12402
Men who blame feminism for their lack of success in relationships or in business have only themselves to blame. It's easier to whine than to adapt to change.
 
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
8,260 posts, read 9,554,510 times
Reputation: 8198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Men who blame feminism for their lack of success in relationships or in business have only themselves to blame. It's easier to whine than to adapt to change.
Yeah but the problem is women also come on here and complain they can't find a man, that men no longer want to get married, men expect them to pay on dates, blah blah blah. And I certainly don't think it's a coincidence between the rise in feminism and the decline in marriage and the high divorce rate. I say it all the time on here, women want both ways. They wan equality when it benefits them, but then want traditional roles in dating.
 
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 AM
 
1,257 posts, read 1,301,860 times
Reputation: 1029
Americans obviously have a generally twisted view of marriage. Or so it seems.
And women on this topic seem to be very ignorant and filled with self-contained rage (which starts to break into forum posts). Or so it seems.

Last edited by nald; 02-01-2013 at 06:22 AM..
 
Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Chicago
204 posts, read 723,090 times
Reputation: 225
At least they didn't blame it on Gay Marriage...

But seriously, that article sounds like it could've been written 40 years ago. I prefer a glass half full approach: less marriages equal fewer divorces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top