U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-20-2007, 08:25 PM

8 posts, read 20,446 times

Advertisements

I`m trying to figure out why is it that my ex-boyfriend always screamed at me ,instead of explaining things nicely.Not only to me ,also at his mother and sister.He said because I don`t listen..He never screams at his friends though.Does it maybe have to do with his addiction to pot.His friends and him are on the same page on that, me and his family are not.We are both 41.Can someone help me to figure out,why this behavior towards me?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 08:29 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,247,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretel91 View Post
I`m trying to figure out why is it that my ex-boyfriend always screamed at me ,instead of explaining things nicely.Not only to me ,also at his mother and sister.He said because I don`t listen..He never screams at his friends though.Does it maybe have to do with his addiction to pot.His friends and him are on the same page on that, me and his family are not.We are both 41.Can someone help me to figure out,why this behavior towards me?
I'm sorry, don't mean to offend, but why oh why would you sell out to someone who smokes pot? I can't give advise if you are "settling."

Why do some women value themselves so little that they would settle for a pot head?

Forget the screaming...what's it like having a boyfriend that is impaired?

I see now that you call him an ex....why would he still be screaming? And why are you still around to listen?

He doesn't scream at his buddies because they are partners in crime.....

41 year old pot head probably has some real winners for friends.

No disrespect to you, but it's posts like these that make me want to bang my head on the table. I deal with your ex's type everyday at work....and his buddies....

You are really raising your risk factors here, just by association.

I'm in your generation, I know what pot is, but our generation is the one that did this at 15 years old...eventually you have to grow up. I pray there are no children in this equation.

Last edited by MainStreet; 10-20-2007 at 08:53 PM..

Old 10-20-2007, 08:30 PM

9,679 posts, read 10,982,447 times
He's spoiled, he yells because he has always been allowed to yell.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:33 PM

25,526 posts, read 11,622,295 times
And he's angry and frustrated and doesn't have the respect he should have for you and your feelings. He needs to learn to communicate effectively ~after~ he calms down.

I thought smoking dope was supposed to mellow you out?

Old 10-20-2007, 08:41 PM
kcm

68 posts, read 173,374 times
Well, I'm glad that I read in your post "ex-boyfriend"... Your better off with out him, he offers you nothing. He doesn't want to build a future and probably hasn't realized that he doesn't have one yet !!! I hate to jump to conclussions, but I would venture to say that his Dad probably yells at his Mom and sister too. To him, that is the way of life... he doesn't think that there is anything wrong with it. He will do it the rest of his life.
So, if you don't want to live in a future like that .... I suggest that you STAY out of his life and fine someone that treats his Mother with respect.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:43 PM
miu

13,055 posts, read 22,513,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretel91 View Post
It sounds like he doesn't respect women as his equals. He screams because he doesn't have the patience to take the time to explains things to you properly. He was also taking your company and his family's company for granted. Because if he screamed at his friends the way he screams at you, they wouldn't be his friend any longer and would probably beat his ass the first time he tried that crap with them.

Keep this guy your EX and don't take him back as your boyfriend.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:46 PM

17,990 posts, read 17,769,850 times
I agree^^^^^^He has no respect for women. Also, keep him as your ex, and just try to move past it. be done with him, and better off without him.

It is something he can only face himself, we can only change ourselves.

This is what I have learned, and what i have done.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:51 PM

200 posts, read 713,024 times
Default You're right about that Roaddog...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
He's spoiled, he yells because he has always been allowed to yell.
You're right about that. It's very telling that he yells at his mother & sister... sounds like he's absolutely been used to getting his way with the family...is he the (41 year old) 'baby' boy of the family?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:39 PM

Default is he the (41 year old) 'baby' boy of the family?

yes he is the younger brother.Its not like he is yelling all the time at us,but when ever we ask him something he doesn`t know how to answer or when he knows he isn`t right about something he starts yelling .The same question can be asked by a friend ( even female friends) ,they get a nice and easy answer back.
My younger brother is the same way...is this maybe a pattern i `m following?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:51 PM

no there are no kids involved..i`m not around anymore to listen to his screaming...just still dealing with the fact that he did that and it was hurtful ..It`s over between us for a little over a month...i took it very personally..and hoped to get an answer here,hopefully saying it didn`t had to do with you or his love to you,this is just his way of communicating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships