Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times

Advertisements

How do I defeat the limiting belief of being unlovable. I have defeated all the other limiting beliefs I had which kept me alone but this last one is extremely tough to break. whenever I see a love/sex scene on tv or the movies or people kissing in real life my mind reminds me that no woman would ever feel that way about me. I know its not true but I still can't defeat this and prove to myself otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 PM

230 posts, read 315,482 times
Why are you convinced that you're unlovable?

Remind yourself that your thinking is irrational and you're creating your own negativity. You're putting the idea of being unlovable in your head so you're assuming that no woman will love you. And that attitude probably comes off in your body language when women see you. Change your thinking, be confident and go out and meet some women. It just takes an attitude change.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,779 times
OP, I think patience is key. It's not a matter of 'if', it's going to happen, believe it. It's just a matter of when.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Dude, I fully believe happiness is a choice. Self-image is a choice too. Fake it til you make it. Assume that people find you loveable. That is your new default option.

I would say it's time to meet a new group of friends too. Get a new part-time gig, start hanging out in a new bar, join a sports team, SOMETHING. A lot of times it's the people from your past who help you nurse along these unpleasant thoughts. It's not necessarily THEIR fault - a lot of times you've implanted your idea of yourself in their minds as well, and they treat you accordingly. Bring some new people into your life and meet them with the idea in your head that you are in fact loveable.

That's all I got.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:02 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
If you approach people with the assumption that they cannot possibly love you, then your attitude and interaction will convey this making it nearly impossible for them to love you. Then your thought process becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

On the other hand, if you approach people ignoring your assumption, and therefore are able to be open and yourself, then you let those people decide who they can and cannot love.

Doing that, I bet you will ultimately find that someone CAN love you.

I used to think I was destined to be a loner my whole life. Incapable of a relationship. Not posessing qualities of value to others. Yet, I am now married to an amazing woman, who constantly is showing her deep love for me. I am happy with myself. Sometimes still not sure why she loves me sometimes, but happy and content that she chooses to love me!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:16 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,834 times
Google and go check out materials from Tony Robbins and nuero-linguistic programming.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
If you approach people with the assumption that they cannot possibly love you, then your attitude and interaction will convey this making it nearly impossible for them to love you. Then your thought process becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

On the other hand, if you approach people ignoring your assumption, and therefore are able to be open and yourself, then you let those people decide who they can and cannot love.

I used to think I was destined to be a loner my whole life. Incapable of a relationship. Not posessing qualities of value to others. Yet, I am now married to an amazing woman, who constantly is showing her deep love for me. I am happy with myself. Sometimes still not sure why she loves me sometimes, but happy and content that she chooses to love me!
Sounds exactly like me except I always had female friends and yet never believed I could have a girlfriend. always believed I was meant to be alone. I guess my own thought processes got in my way.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:24 AM

633 posts, read 723,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post

This is so me too. Can't believe my life literally began at 40. I got recently married and I still can't believe I have actually felt how to love and be loved. My whole life I thought I will die not having experienced it. Thank God I was wrong even though it came a bit late in my life. Worth the wait. I am so happy and so loved. It really is true, if you meet the right person you will know. Just don't hesitate to follow your heart.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Ok, I'm going to say this seriously....

Get a dog. They love you unconditionally and will teach you how to love back. Once you know how to do this you can expand it to humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships