Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Remember, you gotta do right before a guy will like you enough to let you do no wrong.
If you say so. I know I got away with some sh*t in my younger days. Must have been hotter than I thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Awww, thanks!!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I had concluded, in my younger wiser (it seems) days that if a guy likes you you can do no wrong . . .I hope he comes around because I doubt I'll do anything
Yeah, that's not how it works. If it did, you probably wouldn't be single, right?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
If you say so. I know I got away with some sh*t in my younger days. Must have been hotter than I thought
Or the were just dumber and put up with it. Hell, the things I put up with even 3 years ago wouldn't even have the opportunity to begin to happen to me now.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I just got done with a date I was a little unsure of tonight. I didn't like the location but thought she was a nice girl but couldn't quite tell if she was interested.. but I did like her.

I wasn't really planning on going back out with her.

However, what did she do? She sent me a couple really nice text messages. I responded we texted for about an hour.

I was on the edge with her, she texted me and showed interest and now I will definitely be asking her to go back out with me. I have another date lined up with another girl for the weekend too.. but if this girl pans out she will take precedence.

Just a little example of how some initiative can change things.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Not really playing games. Any constructive answers, please?
Actually, it sounds like you are (or were) playing games.

People you actually like and are actually worth the trouble are inevitably going to challenge you and force you come out of your comfort zone...make you meet them halfway, so to speak. So if you're coming in here and readily admitting that you're going to not return his text messages or initiate any contact yourself, I guess you really don't want what you're after. Of course he's going assume you aren't really interested. What else is he supposed to assume? That you're game player? That's an even bigger turn-off to well-adjusted people.

Was that constructive?

Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I just got done with a date I was a little unsure of tonight. I didn't like the location but thought she was a nice girl but couldn't quite tell if she was interested.. but I did like her.

I wasn't really planning on going back out with her.

However, what did she do? She sent me a couple really nice text messages. I responded we texted for about an hour.

I was on the edge with her, she texted me and showed interest and now I will definitely be asking her to go back out with me. I have another date lined up with another girl for the weekend too.. but if this girl pans out she will take precedence.

Just a little example of how some initiative can change things.
She took a risk and put herself on the line a little bit. If there were ever a case of "give nothing, get nothing", it certainly applies to love and romantic relationships.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Actually, it sounds like you are (or were) playing games.

People you actually like and are actually worth the trouble are inevitably going to challenge you and force you come out of your comfort zone...make you meet them halfway, so to speak. So if you're coming in here and readily admitting that you're going to not return his text messages or initiate any contact yourself, I guess you really don't want what you're after. Of course he's going assume you aren't really interested. What else is he supposed to assume? That you're game player? That's an even bigger turn-off to well-adjusted people.

Was that constructive?
I ALWAYS returned his text messages, and agreed to any future plan he made with me. I didn't understand why he suddenly waited 5 days to txt when the usual was 2 or 3 so I was mad. Yes, I know that's an overreaction and I do regret it now. That was the only time I took a long time to respond. about 9 hours. Still, he had said we should get together soon and I told him the 2 days I was available. He is the one who never responded at that point and it's been a week. So I'm debating weather to try again or not. Isn't there some truth to the idea that if he wanted to see me this week he would have? I gave him 2 days I was available. He never responded therefor choosing neither. So I am unsure weather or not to text again.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:32 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Quote:
I'm wondering if there's a chance he just thinks I'm not interested because I never initiate contact? It's been a week now, he never texted back. Men, if you're dating online and in your early 30s, I'd especially like to hear from you . . .
I'm not in my early 30s, but that's exactly what I'd think.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
I ALWAYS returned his text messages, and agreed to any future plan he made with me. I didn't understand why he suddenly waited 5 days to txt when the usual was 2 or 3 so I was mad. Yes, I know that's an overreaction and I do regret it now. That was the only time I took a long time to respond. about 9 hours. Still, he had said we should get together soon and I told him the 2 days I was available. He is the one who never responded at that point and it's been a week. So I'm debating weather to try again or not. Isn't there some truth to the idea that if he wanted to see me this week he would have? I gave him 2 days I was available. He never responded therefor choosing neither. So I am unsure weather or not to text again.
Who knows. Maybe give him one more chance though.

"Hey! What happened to you last week? "

Doesn't need to be any more complicated than that. Anything less than a sincere apology and definite plans to get together should be interpreted as lack of interest,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships