U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 AM

35 posts, read 27,892 times

Advertisements

All I ask is someone to treat me like I treat them. Give me some attention, put me first. I don't lie, cheat, steal, smoke, drink, I am good-looking, nice, responsible, etc. No, I'm not perfect, but I have all the good qualities that's considered a 'good catch'. I have been told this by others, so it's not a self-description.

I just commented in the What I learned cheating on my husband- Wendy Plump thread and it seems like my chances of finding a man who is like me is very, very slim. You can call me selfish, but I want someone who gives to me just like I give to them. It just seems like this world is full of people, both men and women who want to put themselves first. And then they wonder why their relationships don't last.

They say people change and grow apart. Well, not me. What you see is what you get and the only change I will make is if there is something wrong to try to make it better. But I cannot do this by myself. There are 2 people in a relationship and if all the hard work is on me, then it will not work. I'm not naive and I know that there is no one who is 'perfect'. I don't expect that.

I've watched tv shows where guys/husbands don't wanna be around their wives/family and to do their hobbies or other self-absorbed things. I'm getting the feeling that most guys are like this. Yes, you can have hobbies, friends, etc., but when you get seriously involved with someone else, that person should be put first.

I just came outta an 18 month relationship and I'm not ready to date yet, but when I am I will give it all my best and hope someone will do the same in return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,059,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBePretty View Post
All I ask is someone to treat me like I treat them. Give me some attention, put me first. I don't lie, cheat, steal, smoke, drink, I am good-looking, nice, responsible, etc. No, I'm not perfect, but I have all the good qualities that's considered a 'good catch'. I have been told this by others, so it's not a self-description.

I just commented in the What I learned cheating on my husband- Wendy Plump thread and it seems like my chances of finding a man who is like me is very, very slim. You can call me selfish, but I want someone who gives to me just like I give to them. It just seems like this world is full of people, both men and women who want to put themselves first. And then they wonder why their relationships don't last.

They say people change and grow apart. Well, not me. What you see is what you get and the only change I will make is if there is something wrong to try to make it better. But I cannot do this by myself. There are 2 people in a relationship and if all the hard work is on me, then it will not work. I'm not naive and I know that there is no one who is 'perfect'. I don't expect that.

I've watched tv shows where guys/husbands don't wanna be around their wives/family and to do their hobbies or other self-absorbed things. I'm getting the feeling that most guys are like this. Yes, you can have hobbies, friends, etc., but when you get seriously involved with someone else, that person should be put first.

I just came outta an 18 month relationship and I'm not ready to date yet, but when I am I will give it all my best and hope someone will do the same in return.

so then why are u complaining about being a good girl? it obviously worked in the past

Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM

921 posts, read 929,452 times
Quote:

OK....well, let us know how that works out for you.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm kind of getting that impression here....

Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,846,146 times
There's a HUGE difference between being a good girl and someones emotional punching bag/doormat.

Dont let you being a "good girl" get in the way of you standing up for what you want/deserve.

Dont be a sucker just because you think you're "good".

SUGGESTION: Stop watching TV and movies and making assumptions about people and life based on that nonsense.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:33 AM

21,278 posts, read 19,344,335 times
Call National Geographic! It's the rare and elusive Nice Girl. Shh, don't scare her.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:34 AM

35 posts, read 27,892 times
I've watched tv AND experienced it so it was not an assumption. Thanks for your advice findly185

Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM

10,046 posts, read 4,481,381 times
Quote:

There you are, demanding that others put you first, and there you are, complaining when others put themselves first.

Irony, party of one, your table is ready.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM

182 posts, read 42,102 times
u can get bfs easy, wats da problem bro?

Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM

5,258 posts, read 5,148,940 times
Don't focus so much on the 'good girl' aspect. Just focus on finding a man who will value you for who you are.

As cliche as it might sound, it's true. Heck, I'm a good girl myself (I hate liars, I hardly drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, I'm not promiscuous, I treat others well and I'm a nice person), but I never ask myself why I'm still single as a result of me being a 'good girl'. If you're not careful, it might cause you, even subconsciously, to morph into a 'bad girl' to fit what you think is the perception of all guys out there.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM

5,943 posts, read 6,496,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
There you are, demanding that others put you first, and there you are, complaining when others put themselves first.

Irony, party of one, your table is ready.
I caught that, too, but I think she was trying to say (albeit not real well) is that she tries to put her mate's needs ahead of her own and would hope that he would reciprocate, but is finding the converse to be true most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships