Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
another 30 page thread...awaits us!!

All I have to say is your profile limits you...I mean to demand never married/childless in a man in his 40's...its going to limit your chances big time....
To which I say GOOD!. I don't want a divorced dad as I can't marry him in church, nor do I want to deal with drama or financial.

Besides if a 50 year old man can demand a thin 30 year old I see nothing wrong with my choice. His is superficiality mine is about shared values.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 PM

333 posts, read 310,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am feeling depressed about the whole Taco Man thing and while he's the one I want I am losing faith in him doing something. In fact I am not serious about online as I think most guys online aren't my type. Because I am kind of "whatever" about online dating I am just going to edit my free online profile then only if I get guys I want responding (meaning never married childless preferably Catholic men near me) I will renew. This way I can test the water so to speak.

Here is my current Match profile, I put it up 3 years ago when my last ex dumped me and I was angry "I am looking for a guy who is serious about finding the one. You must be never married/no kids, decent guy, no con artists, and not a chauvinist. You can't be mean to me. I'm tired of dating guys who claim they want a relationship, then pull the they aren't ready for a serious relationship.". I wasn't really looking to be honest.

My new one: ABOUT ME & WHO I'M LOOKING FOR

What's to know about me? Well first and foremost I am a never married, childless devout Catholic woman seeking the same. For fun I am a teacher of religious education at church and am switching fields from instructional design to become a teacher as I feel I was meant to do this. I also volunteer for a military organization as I am the sister of a currently serving army doctor.

What do I enjoy doing? many things, from listening to music (I am proud of my music collection, which is over 1,000 CDs)to playing video games to reading. I also enjoy working out, and in the nicer weather one of my favorite activities is to walk everywhere, often with my dog. In addition to my dog I am the proud mommy of a cat and bird.

What kind of man am I looking for? the same kind as me, someone who has a kind heart and wants to find that special someone. As a never married childless woman I desire the same in the man I seek. I would like him to enjoy the same activities as me, or at least shared activities.
One thing I learned in my business, when you write a letter you never repeat. Say it once. Otherwise looks okay to me.

I might also change devout to "serious" or some other word. Devout might give the impression you're one of those old ladies wearing babushkas all the time.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That's a mess. Really.

Lose that. You sound a bit ridiculous.
Nah, I liked that line about being a mommy to a cat and a bird.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
One thing I learned in my business, when you write a letter you never repeat. Say it once. Otherwise looks okay to me.

I might also change devout to "serious" or some other word. Devout might give the impression you're one of those old ladies wearing babushkas all the time.
I just caught that I said that twice so I deleted one. I will change devout to serious as that sounds better.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Your profile makes you sound like a weird lesbian. You are looking for a man who is like you? Do you think emn and women want the same exact things from each other?

Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Your profile makes you sound like a weird lesbian. You are looking for a man who is like you? Do you think emn and women want the same exact things from each other?
I would hope they want the same thing, which is a relationship.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I think the answer is yes. It is statistically proven that the marriages with longevity tend to be the ones were husband and wife are best friends. By definition that means you are similar in at least the important ways.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post

My new one: ABOUT ME & WHO I'M LOOKING FOR

What's to know about me? Well first and foremost I am a never married, childless devout Catholic woman seeking the same. For fun I am a teacher of religious education at church and am switching fields from instructional design to become a teacher as I feel I was meant to do this. I also volunteer for a military organization as I am the sister of a currently serving army doctor.

What do I enjoy doing? many things, from listening to music (I am proud of my music collection, which is over 1,000 CDs)to playing video games to reading. I also enjoy working out, and in the nicer weather one of my favorite activities is to walk everywhere, often with my dog. In addition to my dog I am the proud mommy of a cat and bird.

What kind of man am I looking for? the same kind as me, someone who has a kind heart and wants to find that special someone. As a never married childless woman I desire the same in the man I seek. I would like him to enjoy the same activities as me, or at least shared activities.
Your profile makes you sound rather dull. I am certain that you aren't remotely dull, so why give off that impression? Loosen up. Be approachable.

Suggest a rewrite:

What's to know about me? I'm single (never married), no kids (not planning to have any), and a practicing Catholic. I'm seeking the same in a potential dating partner. I'm an instructional designer by trade, but I'm considering a career change to teaching. I teach religious education at church for fun and I really enjoy it! I also volunteer for a military organization because my brother is a doctor who is currently serving in the Army.

What do I enjoy doing? Many things, from listening to music (I am proud of my music collection, which is over 1,000 CDs) to playing video games to reading. I also enjoy working out, and in nice weather one of my favorite activities is to just get outside and walk everywhere, often with my dog. In addition to my dog, I have a cat and a bird. (Maybe mention breeds and/or names of pets? Personalize. I'm not convinced by reading this that you have actual pets.)

What kind of man am I looking for? Someone with similar interests and a similar background, with a kind heart and the desire to find that special someone. I'm looking for a good Catholic man who has not yet married and isn't interested in having kids. Someone to share my hobbies and interests, to enjoy getting to know one another and spending time together. If that's you? Drop me a line.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Please note that in my revision I asked for a MAN. A good, Catholic MAN. One that has never been married and doesn't want kids.

And I made it sound appealing instead of torturous.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Your profile makes you sound rather dull. I am certain that you aren't remotely dull, so why give off that impression? Loosen up. Be approachable.

Suggest a rewrite:

What's to know about me? I'm single (never married), no kids (not planning to have any), and a practicing Catholic. I'm seeking the same in a potential dating partner. I'm an instructional designer by trade, but I'm considering a career change to teaching. I teach religious education at church for fun and I really enjoy it! I also volunteer for a military organization because my brother is a doctor who is currently serving in the Army.

What do I enjoy doing? Many things, from listening to music (I am proud of my music collection, which is over 1,000 CDs) to playing video games to reading. I also enjoy working out, and in nice weather one of my favorite activities is to just get outside and walk everywhere, often with my dog. In addition to my dog, I have a cat and a bird. (Maybe mention breeds and/or names of pets? Personalize. I'm not convinced by reading this that you have actual pets.)

What kind of man am I looking for? Someone with similar interests and a similar background, with a kind heart and the desire to find that special someone. I'm looking for a good Catholic man who has not yet married and isn't interested in having kids. Someone to share my hobbies and interests, to enjoy getting to know one another and spending time together. If that's you? Drop me a line.
That sounds much better than what I posted. The only difference is I am open to having kids (biological or adopted)but didn't put that in because I don't want to sound like it's the only important thing. In the later boxes I mentioned I have a Greyhound, Russian Blue and a Parakeet but maybe I'll put it in my main profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships