Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:45 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
EXACTLY lmao

Well this was actually ON topic and you would think some of these 'experts' would address it, but all they're capable of is finger wagging, insults and lecturing on 'how not to post on City Data.'

edit: as per your rep, Apotamakin -- understood and same to you (no sarcasm intended).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 03:51 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Something may not fit through the doorway... Seriously, though, go away.
Aww, you want me to go away? Really? Wait!!!!

Don't you want to join me, Lilac, Captain and Doll Eyes for some margaritas? My treat! C'mon now...

Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well this was actually ON topic and you would think some of these 'experts' would address it, but all they're capable of is finger wagging, insults and lecturing on 'how not to post on City Data.'

edit: as per your rep, Apotamakin -- understood and same to you (no sarcasm intended).
When my senses detect a good person underneath a particular exterior, I call it out.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Aww, you want me to go away? Really? Wait!!!!

Don't you want to join me, Lilac, Captain and Doll Eyes for some margaritas? My treat! C'mon now...
Noooo, thanks.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,195,956 times
Quote:

Opinions that stray away from everyone thinks are frowned upon here. But Its funny and you made a great point.

The fact is, People in America get divorced over issues/problems that are FAR less serious and that are actually fixable. With that information, I'm supposed believe that the possibility of no sex for life wouldn't cause many people to get a divorce?

Seriously? Lol

Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Noooo, thanks.
It's all good. Maybe next time! (By the way, what kind of mixed drinks do you like besides margaritas?)

Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Not every married or committed woman cares about non-oral and non-manual sex as you seem to. This is your prerogative and you're allowed to live your life and conduct your non-faithful relationships as you see fit. Your "lol" at the end of your statement demonstrates your lack of seriousness and empathy for the unfortunate person who is stuck with the hypothetical illness/condition/disease. Men with stellar character traits will take note of your post and will hopefully learn from it and will take it with thousands of grains of salt enough to make margaritas for everyone on this forum!

I missed this response...As I said I have yet to meet any man or woman who 'doesn't care about non oral or non manual sex.' Suddenly for this topic they are in large quantities? As I said earlier if this is the case then why aren't more people willing to date/marry asexual partners then? Obviously most people aren't as blase about non oral and non manual sex as this topic is trying to convince people. I say LOL (there's very little way to convey emotions on here but it wasn't meant as as dig at sick people). I notice it keeps being brought up about men with 'stellar traits and characteristics' as the ones who will stay in this situation. I don't beleive you have to be an unsavory character just because you won't stay in a situation where there is no sex when that is previously what you have become accustomed to as a basis for your marriage/relationship. It seems to keep being put across as such though. I have to also wonder how many of these people have ever even taken sex off the menu for an extended period of time to know what will happen if they did.

And margaritas for everyone it is!

Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I missed this response...As I said I have yet to meet any man or woman who 'doesn't care about non oral or non manual sex.' Suddenly for this topic they are in large quantities? As I said earlier if this is the case then why aren't more people willing to date/marry asexual partners then? Obviously most people aren't as blase about non oral and non manual sex as this topic is trying to convince people. I say LOL (there's very little way to convey emotions on here but it wasn't meant as as dig at sick people). I notice it keeps being brought up about men with 'stellar traits and characteristics' as the ones who will stay in this situation. I don't beleive you have to be an unsavory character just because you won't stay in a situation where there is no sex. It seems to keep being put across as such though.

And margaritas for everyone it is!
Your sentence in bold is noted. Sometimes I get carried away in my beliefs and it's difficult to understand others opinions when a serious and tragic topic such as this is discussed. I can admit when I'm wrong. The fact that you'd join us in having some margaritas shows me my initial instinct about you was correct.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Opinions that stray away from everyone thinks are frowned upon here. But Its funny and you made a great point.

The fact is, People in America get divorced over issues/problems that are FAR less serious and that are actually fixable. With that information, I'm supposed believe that the possibility of no sex for life wouldn't cause many people to get a divorce?

Seriously? Lol

Everyone does not have to agree that every single man would leave his wife or vice versa over this (obviously some already said their wives got sick like 'txoutdoors' and he stayed in the situation) but they need to stop insisting nobody else knows what they're talking about where these matters simply because the viewpoint is opposing. I cannot beleive someone would even have a problem with various viewpoints on an open forum in the first place.

Exactly. That's what I was saying, these people are divorcing over very minimal reasons. Yet it keeps being put across that because THEY are with the loves of their lives, every other spouse must be too therefore would not leave. That doesn't jive with what is going on in the marriage rates today. The reasoning for a spouse that does leave (which has been given here) is "oh they were probably a non decent man/woman in the first place." Huh?

IF you recognize it flies in the face of reason and what typically goes on in America suddenly you're labeled with all kinds of names on here.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 02-07-2013 at 04:23 PM..

Old 02-07-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Your sentence in bold is noted. Sometimes I get carried away in my beliefs and it's difficult to understand others opinions when a serious and tragic topic such as this is discussed. I can admit when I'm wrong. The fact that you'd join us in having some margaritas shows me my initial instinct about you was correct.

You are on to something and I think this might be the case for most of the posters here . At least you took the time to address the actual post and offered up reasons why you think I am wrong in my views on the whole thing. We still do not agree on this but what else is new, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships