Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:47 PM

224 posts, read 356,902 times

Advertisements

First of all, I'm not an *******.

Maybe it's because I'm young, or maybe it's because I still don't really know what I'm looking for.

Maybe it's my constant indecisiveness...

I don't even want to be in a relationship with anyone(at the moment), but I think it's bizarre that I have no actual "standard" or "preference". I also can't even see myself in a relationship with anyone, I just can't!

I can't see myself going places with some guy, and going out to eat, and bringing him home to my parents. The whole idea makes me feel so weird and out of place. Like, I can't imagine myself sitting across from some guy talking about [insert date convo] The whole idea makes me anxious, and almost frustrates me.

Going with the no actual preference thing: I can't find anyone attractive. I know beauty is subjective, but it's so hard for me. I can go on a dating site to see who the local singles are, and I just can't find them appealing. I can't go outside, and I won't be remotely attracted to anyone. Believe me, I am not a superficial bird. It's not that I think they're "ugly", it's just I can't see it. I can't explain this...

And don't get me wrong, I do find people attractive. But celebs don't count as regular folk, so I'm out of that loop.

Maybe it's because I think too much? I over analyze everyone and study the **** out people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM

936 posts, read 2,061,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.U.E.E.N View Post
First of all, I'm not an *******.

Maybe it's because I'm young, or maybe it's because I still don't really know what I'm looking for.

Maybe it's my constant indecisiveness...

I don't even want to be in a relationship with anyone(at the moment), but I think it's bizarre that I have no actual "standard" or "preference". I also can't even see myself in a relationship with anyone, I just can't!

I can't see myself going places with some guy, and going out to eat, and bringing him home to my parents. The whole idea makes me feel so weird and out of place. Like, I can't imagine myself sitting across from some guy talking about [insert date convo] The whole idea makes me anxious, and almost frustrates me.

Going with the no actual preference thing: I can't find anyone attractive. I know beauty is subjective, but it's so hard for me. I can go on a dating site to see who the local singles are, and I just can't find them appealing. I can't go outside, and I won't be remotely attracted to anyone. Believe me, I am not a superficial bird. It's not that I think they're "ugly", it's just I can't see it. I can't explain this...

And don't get me wrong, I do find people attractive. But celebs don't count as regular folk, so I'm out of that loop.

Maybe it's because I think too much? I over analyze everyone and study the **** out people.
You find people you have no connection with attractive, but don't find anyone who is available to you attractive.

Why do you think you analyze people so much? What's the point of your analyzing them? By that I mean, what are you trying to figure out about them that leads you to overanalyze them?

Old 02-10-2013, 03:00 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,619 times
need more info: how old are? have you sought therapy for this before?

Old 02-10-2013, 03:02 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
[font=Comic Sans MS]First of all, I'm not an *******.
And what does this mean? ^^^ You are not a what?

Old 02-10-2013, 03:04 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Afroman.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
need more info: how old are? have you sought therapy for this before?
I'm 18. o_O You think I need therapy, why?

Old 02-10-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

I wrote @sshole. I forget you can't say bad words...

Old 02-10-2013, 03:09 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,619 times
Quote:
I'm 18. o_O You think I need therapy, why?
one more question before i respond, thoughtfully of course: just to confirm, have you ever had a dating/boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, liked boys, or had sex with a guy?

Guess question could apply to liking, being in a romantic relationship or having sex with a female, but I am assuming you are talking about being attracted to guys.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:11 PM

132 posts, read 188,384 times
You have to first love yourself before you can love others. Just let it sink in for a moment.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
You find people you have no connection with attractive, but don't find anyone who is available to you attractive.
Apparently, it's not that out of the ordinary. It's easy to grow fond of a celebrity than a non-celeb. Why? Because you can find out everything you need to know about that star with one Google search. With an ordinary Joe, you'll be spending a while listening to their whole life story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
By that I mean, what are you trying to figure out about them that leads you to overanalyze them?
I'm not really trying to figure out anything. I'm just very observant, and nosey. *shrugs* I like to know things, EVERYTHING! lol When I tell interviewers I pay attention to detail, I MEAN IT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships