Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I'm awake. You should know me better than that. It's not even midnight. I was getting some work done though. Papers, papers and MORE papers! Just trying to get through the pile. lol

No, no, no. I'm not mad because he wouldn't get the m&m's...I'm annoyed because he said I didn't need the m&m's (it was a knock against me).
Hmmm, that's not hard to understand at all, That's like saying why are you eating that you're too fat already or some such other dig, even if he meant it some other way.

It would be like woman saying to man, no don't think you need the lube anymore, seems your girth is thining out. Sorry, I just cracked myself up.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I'm awake. You should know me better than that. It's not even midnight. I was getting some work done though. Papers, papers and MORE papers! Just trying to get through the pile. lol

No, no, no. I'm not mad because he wouldn't get the m&m's...I'm annoyed because he said I didn't need the m&m's (it was a knock against me).
Perhaps, tell him, try carrying four babies for 9 months, then we will see if YOU need some M&M's......

Old 02-28-2013, 03:37 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Hmmm, that's not hard to understand at all, That's like saying why are you eating that you're too fat already or some such other dig, even if he meant it some other way.

It would be like woman saying to man, no don't think you need the lube anymore, seems your girth is thining out. Sorry, I just cracked myself up.
Yup, pretty much that. At least that's the tone he used, whether he meant it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Perhaps, tell him, try carrying four babies for 9 months, then we will see if YOU need some M&M's......

I just love you Hawk! You are awesome!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:39 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
yay I did my taxes today. I'm getting back more than I thought I would.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,556,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
yay I did my taxes today. I'm getting back more than I thought I would.
Another citizen who loans his money to the government all year for free.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:01 PM

371 posts, read 894,214 times
Why couldn't you get the M&Ms yourself?

Old 02-28-2013, 04:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Another citizen who loans his money to the government all year for free.
Yeah, but the penalties for not doing my taxes are too steep for not doing them.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:17 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,556,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yeah, but the penalties for not doing my taxes are too steep for not doing them.
You missed the point; getting a tax refund means you paid too much in taxes, money that could have been in your pocket.
A quick search finds the average tax refund to be $2900, divide that by 52 weeks and that could have been an extra $56 in your pocket.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
Quote:
You missed the point; getting a tax refund means you paid too much in taxes, money that could have been in your pocket.
A quick search finds the average tax refund to be $2900, divide that by 52 weeks and that could have been an extra $56 in your pocket.
Good evening my relationship challenged friends.....now on to business. There was one job where I drove and traveled a lot, plus I own a house and other things. I knew I had enough itemized deductions to get back a hefty refund so instead of declaring "1" for my W-2 I declared 3 which gave me more money to work with every year. Of couse, when you actually file your taxes and are single you declare 1. But even declaring 3 on my W-2 I still got a refund in the thousands.

I actually read that tax booklet the forms are in looking for every deduction you can declare and some of the stuff surprised me. Were you aware if you are out of town on business and need something laundered or dry cleaned it's a tax deductable work expense? Guess who took all her suits with her out of town. Many people have tried to declare their pets without much success, but I figured out a way. If you get a rescue dog from a non-profit rescue group the amount you pay for the dog is considered a Charitable Tax Deduction because the dogs have no street value. There is sooooooooo much stuff in that booklet if you take the time to review the itemized deductions section. If you are unemployed and looking for work the cost of everything including postage stamps or resume paper is also tax deductable as a business expense.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,041 times
Quote:
I guess Frog would consider that $56 a week the "get out of going to federal prison" fee. Which I also consider a small price to pay lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.