Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
My apologies to the regulars for adding to the negativity in this thread.
Me too. Sometimes arrogance needs to be addressed.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Im afraid you picked the wrong man. I did not fail. I was married for 25 very happy years not one minute of which was a sexless loveless prison and our love never died. Both my parents and hers were married until death. And you are wrong, your husband goes and gets you all those things for exactly the reasons I said and no other. One other thing, when older men who have been with women for long relationships get together and the conversation turns toward laughing at the things women do the phenomena I just pointed out invariably comes up because the experience is near universal among men NO MATTER HOW HAPPY OR NOT THE MARRIAGE IS, make sure you got that because its a fact. You know one of the things we laugh about? How anyone over the age of 7 could think that a man would actually want to get out of bed in the middle of the night to go get raspberry yogurt for someone else. Makes us laugh and laugh. Like we were laying there thinking "oh man how am I going to sleep if I don't get to show my love and devotion by making a random crap run?" Even more funny is women will often say something like "my husband loves me so much he just loves to do this for me and its not a problem blah blah blah" when in fact he did it because he loves her and wants to be with her so that being the fact it's a better to get the random crap than not because it saves hassle and reduces cold shoulder effect and the threat of it morphing into the more serious cold shoulder butterfly effect. When the conversation gets to that point you can pretty much bet there will not be a set of eyes in the room that dont roll.

Again, stop worrying about it and just be glad you have love. You didn't actually know why he makes the random crap run for you and many women dont so you're not alone. Now you do but it doesn't change the bottom line that he does love you even though he isn't going for quite the reason you thought.

As to shooting you, not a chance. Just the opposite I'm glad for you in your marriage and hope it continues to be good for you both. I like you because you make a coherent argument although you lost your way on the last post by letting yourself populate me with emotions when I actually have none. The random crap run is just something women do, I don't know why and I don't care. I like women. If I have to make a random crap run to keep the ship on an even keel, no big. Thats what I meant when I responded to what Sixy said. Why women want it will never be known to man and who cares, its better for us to just accept it and then we are free to love her anyways. Its what we do.

As to women in 2013 didn't you wonder how I figured that out from the tiny bit Sixy posted? It is 2013 right? lol No, I'm afraid men may not be as stupid as you appear to think.
I don't think men are stupid...I don't think they enjoy making those random crap runs...I'll even go one step further and say women should put a limit on crap runs it undermines our position as equal to our husbands by relying on the old fallback of helpless little ladies!!! As I said to SD I have no clue as to anyones backstory...so please don't feel offended...I will try to"pay more attention" as suggested...so as to not step on anymore toes...! I think you are one of the good guys and enjoy reading your point of views!!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Damn...sorry people. Didn't mean to cause such a stir over a bag of m&m's.

PS...I picked up a bag of skittles on the way to work instead

OH, yeah and yes it's 2013 and I'm not helpless.

Last edited by *Sixy*; 03-01-2013 at 09:49 PM..

Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

PS...I picked up a bag of skittles on the way to work isntead

LOL!

I'm only helpless when things are on the very top shelf.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:

And that's why I love m&ms. Those small chocolate cnadies stir a lot of people

Old 03-01-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
LOL!

I'm only helpless when things are on the very top shelf.
I just get a wooden spoon and knock whatever is up there down to myself.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:

Hey it's what keeps it interesting!!! It wasn't about the M&M's...it never is!!!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I just get a wooden spoon and knock whatever is up there down to myself.
I do that if I can. Sometimes I just climb on the counter. Other times I say "eff it!" That's why I married a tall man.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I do that if I can. Sometimes I just climb on the counter. Other times I say "eff it!" That's why I married a tall man.
Damn Beagle, aren't you listening???? It's 2013 and you are acting like your helpless and need him to rescue you. Quit doing that!

Buy a freakin' step stool and stop making us look bad. Sheesh!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Damn Beagle, aren't you listening???? It's 2013 and you are acting like your helpless and need him to rescue you. Quit doing that!

Buy a freakin' step stool and stop making us look bad. Sheesh!
LMAO

Okay, I will get with the program. Actually, I use a kitchen chair. A step stool is too short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships