Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 05:39 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I need to move back to NYC. I just realized I've started listening to country music.
Plenty of good country music out there.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
In my opinion, most of the country music today is just plain awful. They've been trying to "cool" up the country music image and make it more "hip"... hence in doing so, country music now really sounds sort of like pop music.....

I like the older stuff from guys like Dwight Yoakam, George Straight, Randy Travis, Hank Williams jr..... guys of that ilk.

Every once in a while when the CMA awards are on, I watch it for a few minutes, and man... it just sucks.... LOL

Once again... my humble opinion....
One of my favorite songs is All Your Life by the Band Perry. I dunno what it is about that song....I sing it over and over.

And Goodbye In Her Eyes, by Zac Brown? My gosh...that's an amazing song.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
The Dance by Garth Brooks...made me love country music!

Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This here is for Sixy..... some seriously smooth crooner jazz here by ol Harry Connick.

This song is just lovely.... really slow and soulful......... I hope you listen to it....I hope you like it too...
Love that song. That was originally done by the Uniques years ago...before I was born if I'm not mistaken. I used to have their record ( Boy that made me sound old! lol)

I love jazz...LOVE IT. This is one of my favorite "bedroom" songs from Norah Jones. It's so sensual...can't help but "daydream" when I hear it:

I've Got To See You Again - Norah Jones - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
My wife is a middle school ELA (English) teacher. I help her out as much as I can (organizing graded papers, filing, etc.), and last night was no exception. Her students are going through standardized testing (STAAR, for those that want to know) this week, and she needed to make a goodie bag for each student (130 kids total). She and I were up till 12:30 this morning getting all of them put together (including making 130 beaded bracelets by hand!). I never knew how much work goes into teaching until I met and married her.

Much props to all teachers out there...truly an underappreciated profession!

--Dim
Yup...it is a lot of work. Your wife has some tough grading there though. I teach math and science so most of the grading I do is short answer or just correcting their strategies for problem solving. When I taught all subject areas I used to LOVE teaching ELA but I can't say I loved grading their writing.

Our EOG's are at the end of May. Almost crunch time!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yup...it is a lot of work. Your wife has some tough grading there though. I teach math and science so most of the grading I do is short answer or just correcting their strategies for problem solving. When I taught all subject areas I used to LOVE teaching ELA but I can't say I loved grading their writing.

Yeah, it's tough. Add to that the fact that she works in an urban district with kids who may/may not know English as their primary language AND the fact that most of their reading levels range between 2nd-4th grade...it certainly complicates things when it comes time to grade homework!

Good luck!

--Dim

Old 04-24-2013, 11:38 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Love that song. That was originally done by the Uniques years ago...before I was born if I'm not mistaken. I used to have their record ( Boy that made me sound old! lol)

I love jazz...LOVE IT. This is one of my favorite "bedroom" songs from Norah Jones. It's so sensual...can't help but "daydream" when I hear it:

I've Got To See You Again - Norah Jones - YouTube

That was a nice song. I like some of Nora's stuff. I never used to, but I'm slowly checking her out. I like that song she does, Chasing Pirates..... nice catchy number.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Not the best day to go to watch the Reds play, but they won, so it was a good day!

Then we stopped at an amazing coffee shop, where the coffee was unbelievable. It's way out of the way, but if I'm looking for something out of the way, that's where I'll be looking to go more often!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:36 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
It snowed again today. LOL Just flurries this time. They tell us Spring will be here tomorrow. I'll believe it when I'm not freezing my a$$ off!

That's a side effect of losing weight I didn't anticipate. I am cold all the time. I thought I was just becoming a wimp, and then I realized I have almost 60 pounds less of insulation.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:17 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
I must be one of the only people to NOT be hit by snow recently!

Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
It's been in the 70's, sunny, warm, no wind here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships