Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 07:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,034,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sounds like fun... I wanna go up to Napa and partake in the wine goodness.... we're gonna try and get around to doing that in the next couple of yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
We've always said we'll go back one day and head north instead. I'd like to go from SF to Seattle.
Quote:
What's so great about Napa that you went every year? (other than the wine)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Wine, is there any other reason?
Quote:
1000 miles for wine? I can drive a a mile and half out of my subdivision and get me some wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
You can do tastings at hundreds of different wineries 1.5 miles from your subdivision? Exactly how much fun would you say you have on your 1.5 mile trip out of your subdivision? Is it a vacation you would recommend to your friends? Do you believe I can travel 1.5 miles from a cold rainy Pacific Northwest winter and find much desired warmer weather or do you think I might have to go a little further?

I was teasing Chow which you should know even if the grin didn't clue you in. He has often mentioned enjoying wines and Napa is a quick, cheap, vacation if you don't get carried away buying wines. I was surprised he has not gone because it would seem a likely thing for someone who enjoys wine to do when the largest collection of wineries in the nation lies not too very far away. Hence the teasing.

I have gone there as a destination, its an inexpensive ticket and short flight but usually I've rolled it in to a larger trip since like Vegas a few days in Napa is about right for me. Last winter I went to Napa, Vegas, Houston, and then Costa Rica. This winter I'm likely to skip it though because my daughter is probably not going to be in the Northwest for the holidays so I'll fly to CT to see the new grand baby and go south from there instead of here. The only destination I have in mind for certain if that should be the way of it is Washington DC as I've never been there. I can drive down from my daughters house and turn in my car and fly to the sun from there when I'm done.

Thank you for the condescension.
Ummmmm...I wasn't being condescending.
I think mybe you missed my earlier comments so I've included them. I have never been to Napa...Chow said he wanted to go, I said I wanted to fly into SF and drive North next time. You said you've done the trip every year. I asked what was so great about Napa other than the wine. There must be something else that drew you to the area other than wine so I was actually being genuine. I was being a smartass to SD because of his smartass response but I was actually interested in what else was out there.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,528,643 times
Quote:
Depends on how much she truly believes.
I grapple with this because people praise the Lord when something goes their way, no matter how shallow it may be.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:54 PM

8,737 posts, read 9,435,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I grapple with this because people praise the Lord when something goes their way, no matter how shallow it may be.
PTL

Old 06-28-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah....I don't know. I have kind of lost faith over the last year or so. I'm not really the one to discuss this with. I don't know where I stand anymore.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:01 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,540,568 times
I'm sitting outside with the shepherd, enjoying the beautiful evening. The sun is going down, it's 75 degrees with low humidity and no wind. Perfect! I actually love summer up here.

Even though I don't like wine, I'm sure I'd enjoy a trip to Napa. I just love seeing parts of the country I've never seen before. Looking forward to our trip in a few weeks...I will be able to mark Montana, Idaho and possibly Eastern Washington off my list.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I'm sitting outside with the shepherd, enjoying the beautiful evening. The sun is going down, it's 75 degrees with low humidity and no wind. Perfect! I actually love summer up here.

Even though I don't like wine, I'm sure I'd enjoy a trip to Napa. I just love seeing parts of the country I've never seen before. Looking forward to our trip in a few weeks...I will be able to mark Montana, Idaho and possibly Eastern Washington off my list.
What are the plans for Montana, Idaho and Washington? Do you have family there or doing a road trip?

Old 06-28-2013, 09:07 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,663,970 times
Quote:
I always looked at it when things didn't go my way, that is was okay fine. Something better comes along. Or I learn something or I am able to get something good out of "nay" answers as much as the "yay" answer.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:07 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,540,568 times
Quote:
What are the plans for Montana, Idaho and Washington? Do you have family there or doing a road trip?
A road trip, just the two of us. Our trips are usually to visit my family, so this time we are doing something for us. This is the main destination. I've been wanting to stay here for years, for obvious reasons. LOL

Cottonwood Idaho Dog Bark Park Inn Bed and Breakfast Idaho Lodging Vacation

We aren't planning TOO much of the trip, though. I suppose we'll just drive and see where we end up. As long as I get to see beautiful mountains, I'm good.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
A road trip, just the two of us. Our trips are usually to visit my family, so this time we are doing something for us. This is the main destination. I've been wanting to stay here for years, for obvious reasons. LOL

Cottonwood Idaho Dog Bark Park Inn Bed and Breakfast Idaho Lodging Vacation

We aren't planning TOO much of the trip, though. I suppose we'll just drive and see where we end up. As long as I get to see beautiful mountains, I'm good.
That is so cute! I've never seen anything like that! lol

I like road trips without a plan. Just drive and figure it out as you go along.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:16 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,528,643 times
Quote:

I don't see the big damn deal about Napa. I have been there many, many times and the only thing I have found that remotely appears close to a wine is brake fluid and transmision fluid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships