Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 PM

650 posts, read 701,933 times

Advertisements

Ok, let me ask you the following:

Why does physical attraction equal love? What does one thing have to do with the other thing?

It's like I were to go to a law firm...............

"Hey man, hire me as a lawyer".

"Your resume please"

"Oh I don't have any resume. I never went to law school. I don't know the first thing about the law, about jury selection, about presenting a case......................."

"But I can sing like Michael Jackson"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
if you cannot imagine kissing them..like the idea disgusts you....im not sure that will ever change BUT..like Raena said, if you think someone is ok but not quite your thing, like you see them as a friend (we tend to be friends with people who we find attractive in some way whether female or male) there is that slight chance your feelings may change.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 PM

348 posts, read 549,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have to say that all your responses make me feel a whole lot better. Thank you all.

I have mixed feelings about this. In a way, I don't have any desires of getting to know this gentleman better, even though he had quite a few things to say. He has a lot of interests, is quite successful in his career field. I tried to remember what my mom said, "After you reach certain age, all men look the same." I don't think I can get pass the physical attraction thing.

I mean he does not have to be hot, but he has to be cute in my eyes. This guy I am sure is cute in other women's eyes, but he is too short for me, he is 5 7 with shoes on I am 5 9, in addition to this, that bad breath thing is a little bit of a turn off to me too.

He thought we had great connection, that is what he said at the end of the conversation. I feel kind of bad about the whole thing.
Sounds like you feel guilty for not being physically attracted to a person who has qualities you otherwise like.

Don't be. And don't listen to anyone who says "oh, just give him a chance" or as you quoted "all men look the same after a certain age". In dating, people love giving advice that they don't follow ***cough*** especially women *** cough ***

One can become more interested in someone over time, but usually there has to be some sort of physical attraction at first. As I've said, one of my first girlfriends, we met and were friends for a while. But I did initially think "she's cute, I'd **** her". I'm also someone who doesn't fall in love with someone at first sight, so a person has to grow on me.

Anyway, point is, I do think there has to be at least a physical spark at first, as in "he/she is cute, I'm cool with being friends and getting to know this person" almost in a sub conscious way. You didn't here, no big deal. Move on to the next. That you obviously don't want to hurt his feelings shows that you're a good person. He'll get over it.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post

Why does physical attraction equal love? What does one thing have to do with the other thing?

"Your resume please"

"Oh I don't have any resume. I never went to law school. I don't know the first thing about the law, about jury selection, about presenting a case......................."

well physical attraction leads to sex or love making whichever term you would like to use.
Love making is NOT an option, it is a requirement in a loving, committed heterosexual relationship between man and woman.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:

This question has been asked on this forum, believe me. Usually it's the guys who say they have to be physically attracted to a woman in order to be interested.

IRL, it often doesn't work that way. Sometimes a guy will be struck by some woman's personality, or her unusual interests that mirror his own, and once he's noticed her, then he starts noticing physical attributes that he appreciates.

But this isn't real life, this is C-D. Thanks for your input, though.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
Sounds like you feel guilty for not being physically attracted to a person who has qualities you otherwise like.

Don't be. And don't listen to anyone who says "oh, just give him a chance" or as you quoted "all men look the same after a certain age". In dating, people love giving advice that they don't follow ***cough*** especially women *** cough ***

One can become more interested in someone over time, but usually there has to be some sort of physical attraction at first. As I've said, one of my first girlfriends, we met and were friends for a while. But I did initially think "she's cute, I'd **** her". I'm also someone who doesn't fall in love with someone at first sight, so a person has to grow on me.

Anyway, point is, I do think there has to be at least a physical spark at first, as in "he/she is cute, I'm cool with being friends and getting to know this person" almost in a sub conscious way. You didn't here, no big deal. Move on to the next. That you obviously don't want to hurt his feelings shows that you're a good person. He'll get over it.
yes. thank you!!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:30 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:

"Your resume please"

using your anology, the looks/attraction is the RESUME, uninterested parties may not even ask for an interview if the resume doesnt match what they are looking for...

Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well physical attraction leads to sex or love making whichever term you would like to use.
Love making is NOT an option, it is a requirement in a loving, committed heterosexual relationship between man and woman.
Lots of different things will lead to sex but the OP wasn't talking body parts here but I take it facial attraction as I take it that the poor rejected fellow was fully clothed at the time.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
using your anology, the looks/attraction is the RESUME, uninterested parties may not even ask for an interview if the resume doesnt match what they are looking for...
How so? I don't see the looks/attraction as equaling the resume.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Lots of different things will lead to sex but the OP wasn't talking body parts here but I take it facial attraction as I take it that the poor rejected fellow was fully clothed at the time.
poor rejected fellow was fully clothed Yes. At least, he was decent. and your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships