Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 12:39 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Okay, so I met up with a gentleman for a casual date today. I met him on match.com. The date is okay, it last about 1 hour.

Well,. I know I am going to receive a lot of harsh critisms, but oh what the hell. The problem is that I don't find him to be physically attractive.

First of all, I am about 2 inches taller than him. Secondly, he has slight bad breath.

My question is that have you dated somebody you are not physically attracted to? Do you normally give them second chance? Can you learn to love them in the future?

Let me know your thoughts please.
I suppose you had already seen.his picture and knew you were taller than him and still you agreed to meetup. Anyway to answer your question I.have to say no. I could never love someone I am not attracted to. To me attraction is stricktly physical but without it I can't develop feelings at least not in the context of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 12:48 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
I think attraction can build. I have had it happen.

There can be a show, or film I watch where I either think someone is ugly, or I am indifferent to them. After seeing their character more, and seeing traits in them that I find attractive, they in turn become more attractive to me. Now it is tv, but it shows it can happen. You can become attracted to someone you weren't initially.

Now, in real life it's different. You can watch someone behind a screen and see all their ins and outs, like non tv. You have to talk to and get to know them. But, trying as a friend is good.

I can't promptly go on a date with a man I don't find nice to look at. But if we casually hung out, or became friends first, then I could become attracted to his personality, and ask him out-if he's still interested great. if not, oh well, strictly friends then. But with just being friends, or hanging out, there's no pressure or expectation. Not interested in romance, but they could be cool to hang with. You can never have too many friends. With dating, you run the risk of leading someone on, and wasting their romantic time.

So, it can build, but that goes to their personality, and sometimes personality isn't a match. Not a bad person, but the personality is just attractive in a friend, not a SO.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:52 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I suppose you had already seen.his picture and knew you were taller than him and still you agreed to meetup. Anyway to answer your question I.have to say no. I could never love someone I am not attracted to. To me attraction is stricktly physical but without it I can't develop feelings at least not in the context of this thread.
Did you have a good time with him? If so, then yes!

Old 09-18-2014, 01:40 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,912 times
I've been with some s**t hot smoking woman in my life, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You might see a dude that has his own style that comes off as unimpressive who might fall for a woman who is not the most beautiful woman in the world, but "they" were attracted to one another, and it works for them both and their perfectly happy. If your not attracted to a woman, you'll be friends, nothing more, unless you made a mistake. you don't want to lose another friend, not good. It's in our DNA to burn hot for one another, add this, and the must have to be with one another, have fun with each other, have so much in common with each other, understand each other, and you'll find love. It's really that simple. Shoot, I should know, I've been in love 100 times or more, lol.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:47 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Which is why I don't approach women..nor do I want one to say yes eventually who isn't really physically attracted to me because that relationship will eventually end

I'll wait for a women to approach me[which probably won't happen] because at least I'd know then that she's physically attracted to me

Old 09-18-2014, 01:58 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Breath can be freshened, and two inches isn't that big a deal. If you like him otherwise, give him another chance.

Carry some breath mints, pop one in your mouth and offer one to him.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:21 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Breath can be freshened, and two inches isn't that big a deal. If you like him otherwise, give him another chance.

Carry some breath mints, pop one in your mouth and offer one to him.
Well apparently the height difference is enough of an issue if she is mentioning it here, if she knew she didn't find him attractive and still agreed to meet him then that is on her. Oh and what if he declines the mints?

Old 09-18-2014, 11:53 PM

866 posts, read 629,931 times
[quote=lilyflower3191981;28127197]Okay, so I met up with a gentleman for a casual date today. I met him on match.com. The date is okay, it last about 1 hour.

Well,. I know I am going to receive a lot of harsh critisms, but oh what the hell. The problem is that I don't find him to be physically attractive.

First of all, I am about 2 inches taller than him. Secondly, he has slight bad breath.

My question is that have you dated somebody you are not physically attracted to? Do you normally give them second chance?
Can you learn to love them in the future?

jim: Yes, by applying a few simple relationship skills [google it] Loving a person is more about knowing how but very few know this so they depend on instincts and impulses instead of basic intelligence as found in relationship skills.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:55 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
In a word, NO.
If there's no attraction, what's the point????

Old 09-19-2014, 10:53 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Okay, so I met up with a gentleman for a casual date today. I met him on match.com. The date is okay, it last about 1 hour.

My question is that have you dated somebody you are not physically attracted to? Do you normally give them second chance? Can you learn to love them in the future?

Let me know your thoughts please.
Most definitely yes. And, about his breath, he may have a G.I. problem, or was probably so nervous about meeting you he couldn't eat!

I think the key factor is if you're pheromones are jiving with his, you'll start to find him more attractive over time, especially if there is a connection, a spark (personality- "you get it" "we have so much FUN" warm glowy feelings).

Laughter is important too.

Pheremones+Laughter+ Mutual Respect = Possible huge sexual intensity explosion waiting to happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships