Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
1. this thread is useless without photos of you.

2. maybe the older broads know better and think you're a perv.
Here here!. Lol

Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM

442 posts, read 800,473 times
Post some pictures of the 19-year-olds who hit on you, too.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
The complaint is my mature personality sometimes has trouble connecting with the younger ones.
To the point of sometimes feeling like a mentor and not a date.
Why date them, then? If you want to meet women your age, participate in activities where they can get to know you, rather than simply judging you on appearances.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times
Quote:
The complaint is my mature personality sometimes has trouble connecting with the younger ones.
If/when I enter another LTR its unlikely to be with someone that much younger than me.
Dating much younger women is rarely about being emotionally or intellectually compatible. We know what its about, and fully endorse this approach.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:08 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
If/when I enter another LTR its unlikely to be with someone that much younger than me.
Indulge her Be gentle and supportive, of her, her thoughts, and her dreams; continually try to touch and reach her heart...she will appreciate your loving devotion to her, and it will cause her to grow more emotionally-attached (meant, as in a good and positive way of course) to you...

(Just speaking as to what worked for me in my case, with romantically pursuing younger [18+] women...)

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-07-2013 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Adds

Old 02-07-2013, 03:34 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,765 times
every single eligible thirty-something bachelor i know is in this situation

i wouldn't sweat it. just the way it often goes

it's the kind of problem you want to have

Old 02-07-2013, 04:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
I'm talking anywhere from about 5-15 years younger than me (I'm 34).
Women my age or older rarely show an interest. It has happened but far less often than the 5-15 younger.

In fact all the girls numbers on my phone (excluding family or long time friends) right now are younger, except one. Personality wise I'm quite mature and sensible for my age, even if that doesn't always come across on this forum.
I do look younger than 34.

Is it a major factor many of those my age or older are already taken, hence the lack of interest.
Thoughts on why this is so?

Old 02-07-2013, 04:23 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,438,458 times
I couldn't date a woman under 25. I know they say that women supposedly mature faster than men, but I don't buy it. Sure, there are immature men out there. But successful men are usually focused on accelerating in their careers and becoming established enough to start a family. That said, they are usually taking on far more responsibilities in life between the ages of 23-30 than most women. Not to say that women aren't career-focused either, but I've been a lot of women in their early to mid-20s who didn't have a clue about getting established. They were still in mindset of partying and just having fun.

Last edited by Tekkie; 02-07-2013 at 05:27 PM..

Old 02-07-2013, 05:23 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Indulge her Be gentle and supportive, of her, her thoughts, and her dreams; continually try to touch and reach her heart...she will appreciate your loving devotion to her, and it will cause her to grow more emotionally-attached (meant, as in a good and positive way of course) to you...

(Just speaking as to what worked for me in my case, with romantically pursuing younger [18+] women...)
This sounds creepy...creepier than the original post.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
This sounds creepy...creepier than the original post.
Interesting, how so? (Perhaps the specific wording of my earlier post was poor, on my part?)

The main message I was trying impart was to be kind, patient, and gentle with a potential love interest as a guy, if you are going to pursue a legally-aged younger woman, and to be supportive and caring, of her and her emotional needs...I certainly wasn't trying to sound creepy though? Nothing sinister was intended; I promise...and if it came across that way, then I sincerely apologize for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships