Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 PM

19,963 posts, read 30,055,557 times

Advertisements

This is why men die first....trying to figure out woman-worse than a chinese rubix cube..

maybe she's waiting for you to approach her, some woman are like that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 PM

2,631 posts, read 6,994,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
Okay, well that puts things in perspective. When you're younger, the courting ritual is typically different in comparison to older folks. FWIW, I would avoid any sort of intimate relationship with someone you work with. If it doesn't work out, you're stuck working with that person.

As far as if she likes you, that's up in the air without closely evaluating the situation. She could be playing hard to get, or she could simply be avoiding you for other reasons.
Its impossible to call. I get alot of mixed signals from her.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 PM

50,095 posts, read 63,467,387 times
If she does like you, she has a strange way of showing it. If I were you I would ignore her and make her come to you. Either she will, or she won't.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
This is why men die first....trying to figure out woman-worse than a chinese rubix cube..

maybe she's waiting for you to approach her, some woman are like that
How am I suppose to know I'm not mrs cleo..

Old 02-07-2013, 06:27 PM

165 posts, read 274,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Leave her alone, Jesus. Don't be a creep. No means no, even and especially nonverbally.
Hahahahaha. This. Is. CLASSIC^^^^^^

Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
If she does like you, she has a strange way of showing it. If I were you I would ignore her and make her come to you. Either she will, or she won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
How do you know she did that? It kind of sounds like your co workers are setting you up so they can laugh when she pepper sprays you.
Okay I get it now.

She probably was curious on who I am...

Decided to look me up.

Seen my picture. Complimented it and told my co workers I had nice arms or body whatever and they blew it way out of proportion.

Well that sucks..I really found her extremely attractive. It would have been nice to form some sort of intimate relationship with her.

Thanks for the input even if its not what I wanted to hear..

Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM

165 posts, read 274,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I'm confused about this girl at my job. When I first met her she seemed like she was disgusted by me. I went to shake her hand introducing myself and she was hesitant to shake my hand and it seemed as if she was put off by me. A few days later my co workers told me she went on my facebook and she checked out my pictures with me only in my wifebeater. She told my co workers I had nice arms. Of course my co -workers ran back and told me about it. My co workers made a few jokes here and there about it and they insist she likes me. She won't even come around me or even make eye contact. Everytime I try to make small talk with her she will just walk away or blatantly ignore me. She makes a strong effort to avoid me. I'm confused. I'm not sure how I should approach her or if I should approach her at all. She is EXTREMELY attractive . . Somebody let me know what the deal is. Thanks
I don't know. This seems weird. If she works with you and was weird about meeting you, she was either 1. extremely taken aback by you (are you strikingly good looking?) or 2. You were drooling obviously over her and it weirded her out or 3. Is just clueless about workplace etiquette.

Let it play out. Just don't creep.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:55 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,142,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
They confronted her about it in front if me she blushed and ran out the room and then they kept harrasing her about it and she said she did say that.

The also make love jokes and she smiles about it....

If she hate me why would she check out my facebook...

I'm not disagreeing with you I'm trying to understand your viewpoint
I SUPER suck at reading women, but given that it sounds like what's going on is that you're seeing more of what you WANT to see and less of what is actually THERE. I do it ALL THE TIME, so don't sweat it -- it's normal, especially when you're "crushing". But I have to say, in my experience the best relationship always include great communication (and to the same point, no relationship can be truly great without great communication, IMO), and most women also happen to find that a HUGE turn-on! So that being said, until you two ARE in fact communicating (and I mean hitting it off, not just talking for the sake of making noise communication), I'd wait. But be optimistic.....women seem to like that too!

My advice (and taken from the movie "Boiler Room"): Act as if. Act as if you are married and are in love with somebody else. Act as if you wake up every day to 1 hour of sex and come home to 2 hours more (IOW you don't need sex). Act as if you have other (better) options and this girl is just another girl that you are keeping your options open with "just in case". Act as if you could not care less what she says, thinks, or wants of you because you don't NEED her, you just WANT her but she can't shake your confidence. Fake it 'till you make it -- that seems to be the prevailing theme here. And it pretty much works.....everybody wants what they think is just out of reach, and nobody wants somebody who is zero challenge and can be walked all over (whether or not it's actually true is moot, it's all about perception until she actually knows you). Be confident (not cocky) and sincere, and definitely be yourself as much as possible, even if she makes you nervous. I have never heard of anybody actually preferring the Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde routine (dual personality....i.e. not being yourself)!

Good luck buddy!!

P.S. I wanted to add that it sounds very much like your group is about to be in for some SERIOUS sexual harrassment charges! I'm not kidding! What you've described of your co-workers' treatment of this girl is over-the-top harrassment and somebody is going to get sued!!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I SUPER suck at reading women, but given that it sounds like what's going on is that you're seeing more of what you WANT to see and less of what is actually THERE. I do it ALL THE TIME, so don't sweat it -- it's normal, especially when you're "crushing". But I have to say, in my experience the best relationship always include great communication (and to the same point, no relationship can be truly great without great communication, IMO), and most women also happen to find that a HUGE turn-on! So that being said, until you two ARE in fact communicating (and I mean hitting it off, not just talking for the sake of making noise communication), I'd wait. But be optimistic.....women seem to like that too!

My advice (and taken from the movie "Boiler Room"): Act as if. Act as if you are married and are in love with somebody else. Act as if you wake up every day to 1 hour of sex and come home to 2 hours more (IOW you don't need sex). Act as if you have other (better) options and this girl is just another girl that you are keeping your options open with "just in case". Act as if you could not care less what she says, thinks, or wants of you because you don't NEED her, you just WANT her but she can't shake your confidence. Fake it 'till you make it -- that seems to be the prevailing theme here. And it pretty much works.....everybody wants what they think is just out of reach, and nobody wants somebody who is zero challenge and can be walked all over (whether or not it's actually true is moot, it's all about perception until she actually knows you). Be confident (not cocky) and sincere, and definitely be yourself as much as possible, even if she makes you nervous. I have never heard of anybody actually preferring the Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde routine (dual personality....i.e. not being yourself)!

Good luck buddy!!

P.S. I wanted to add that it sounds very much like your group is about to be in for some SERIOUS sexual harrassment charges! I'm not kidding! What you've described of your co-workers' treatment of this girl is over-the-top harrassment and somebody is going to get sued!!
thanks for the info...

I don't know if she would sue them..

She told them that she liked my body...She knew it was going to get back to me...

I recently started working there a week ago and shes been there for a few months.

She knew their personality.

Your right I'll just fall back.

If she wants me she will show it and if she doesn't at least I didnt get fired or sued.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,723,514 times
She secretly fantasized about you. Then when you come around she doesn't want you to read her thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships