Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: College age girls - selecting for a one night stand?
Sean Connery - with the age difference described - see pic/description 5 71.43%
Justin Bieber - at his current age - see pic/description 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,489,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
The "9" midway through college dropout (20ish) was making herself available to guys in their early 20s at school, and men that struck her fancy in their early 30s. She acted on her impulses, so I was not using a male-oriented thought process. I was looking at what has gone down, no pun intended. Also, if there are girls like her who acted on their impulses, there are girls who would at least think about this, and maybe not do anything about it, even when ovulating.
OK, I get it now. In your mind, your limited ancedotal experinces with women overrides what actual women are saying about the flawed logic of your scenario. You are not really interested in what we as women really think, you simply want us to confirm your opinions. Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 02:23 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,307,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
OK, I get it now. In your mind, your limited ancedotal experinces with women overrides what actual women are saying about the flawed logic of your scenario. You are not really interested in what we as women really think, you simply want us to confirm your opinions. Got it.
No. It's not that. For college-age women to comment on professors or movie stars who could border on being their dads, this would indicate to me that, if they had to act on it, those comments mean these guys are in the running.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
No. It's not that. For college-age women to comment on professors or movie stars who could border on being their dads, this would indicate to me that, if they had to act on it, those comments mean these guys are in the running.
In general, (late teens/early 20s) younger women find older men (35+) who try to have sex with them to be rather "creepy".

There are some general exceptions which are:

- younger woman is just curious
- younger woman has daddy issues
- younger woman is economically challenged
- younger woman is looking for a sugar daddy
- younger woman is very mature for her age (or at least believes herself to be)
ETA - younger woman is using her sexual power/beauty to get something that she wants

Old 02-08-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
In general, (late teens/early 20s) younger women find older men (35+) who try to have sex with them to be rather "creepy".

Just curious. Did you study psychology ... or are you just a student of life? I would agree with your exceptions, of which the last one is actually the first one that comes to mind.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:41 PM

102,125 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:

This is so right on. I studied in, and later worked in, an academic department at a university, in which about half the male faculty were constantly on the prowl for willing female students. None of them ever scored, except for one guy who landed a girl with daddy issues. She stayed with him until he died. The others had to eventually face reality and look for someone their own age outside the workplace, but some of these guys were real misfits, and never found anyone or settled down. One kept harassing graduate students he was in charge of supervising, and it got to be a real problem at one point. We had to call in the ombudsman for sexual harassment.

It's alarming how prevalent this is in universities. Don't these adults have a social life?! They can't circulate outside the workplace, go to conferences, participate in activities and organizations, like normal people??

Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is so right on. I studied in, and later worked in, an academic department at a university, in which about half the male faculty were constantly on the prowl for willing female students. None of them ever scored, except for one guy who landed a girl with daddy issues. She stayed with him until he died. The others had to eventually face reality and look for someone their own age outside the workplace, but some of these guys were real misfits, and never found anyone or settled down. One kept harassing graduate students he was in charge of supervising, and it got to be a real problem at one point. We had to call in the ombudsman for sexual harassment.

It's alarming how prevalent this is in universities. Don't these adults have a social life?! They can't circulate outside the workplace, go to conferences, participate in activities and organizations, like normal people??
That's why PhD means "pile it higher and deeper." Having been around "ivory tower" academicians and walking through the depressing morgue designated as the doctoral area, my gut reaction is that they are largely, but not always, not the most normal people. Then, when you talk to people with doctorates, who teach, and you learn about the stupid ass topic they chose for a dissertation, you really wish the taxpayers would insist that their salaries be slashed.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Not to bash male teachers (because I have had great ones in my life). But reading this reminded me just how many absolutely perverted male teachers and professors I have either encountered or heard about in my academic life.

I remember taking a history class over the summer of my freshman year when I was in college (a private Catholic university). The class was small (about 8 students) and was all women. The professor used to wear shorts to class everyday that were short enough to expose his full johnson everyday. He would always say stuff to the class like "you girls are welcome to come over to my house and swim anytime" or "we should have the next class at my house next time". Then he would give really intimate compliments to each of us. I have more than a few stories like this one about different male teachers and professors. But at 30-something I definitely would have handled the situation much differently than I did at 19. I remember that my classmates and I would just laugh about it after every class.

I know that the men in this forum don't look at their obsessive pursuit of much younger women as predatory but it most certainly is.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I remember taking a history class over the summer of my freshman year when I was in college (a private Catholic university). The class was small (about 8 students) and was all women. The professor used to wear shorts to class everyday that were short enough to expose his full johnson everyday. He would always say stuff to the class like "you girls are welcome to come over to my house and swim anytime" or "we should have the next class at my house next time".
A state university, let alone a Catholic one, would fire, or severely discipline, a professor for doing that. Catholic schools emphasize teaching, so bad teaching alone can get someone fired. Are we talking "accentuating" the outline, or actual exposure? So what was your major - psychology?

Old 02-08-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
A state university, let alone a Catholic one, would fire, or severely discipline, a professor for doing that. Catholic schools emphasize teaching, so bad teaching alone can get someone fired. Are we talking "accentuating" the outline, or actual exposure? So what was your major - psychology?
No, when he sat at his desk in front of the class we could see his entire 'soldier' fully exposed. Nearly every class session.

Oh, I have so many stories including a male professor who preyed upon only the most gorgeous male students on campus and always gave female students lower grades.

And I was not a psychology major.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 PM

17,619 posts, read 22,575,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Those are our only options for a one night stand!?!?

I didn't do one night stands in college. Hell, I was lucky I could get a little tongue action.
Come on over, we can practice......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships