Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 AM

518 posts, read 1,004,370 times

Advertisements

Before I met my guy, I've dated some guys in the past who had decent personalities and were generally good men overall - but their inability to kiss sensuously turned me off to the point that I stopped dating them. This may sound a bit superficial (I don't mean it to), but yes, a man's ability to kiss well is important to me. My guy is the first man that I've ever been with that kisses me so passionately and sensuously that it arouses me to the point of wanting to take his clothes off and climbing on him right then and there! Until I met him, I never knew what that felt like!

Some people may not think kissing is as important as a man or woman being a good/great lover or as important as them being physically attractive or as important as other factors. In my opinion though, a man who is a good kisser means he's probably um, good at doing other things.

Have you ever been told you are/were a good kisser? Have you ever been sensuously kissed by someone and thought, "Wow!"...? Alternatively, have you ever been kissed by someone who didn't really know how to kiss that well?

The video below shows a couple who know how to kiss each other sensuously and passionately. Do you think the video represents passionate kissing, or do you think their style of kissing is too "sloppy" or "too much"?

He loves Me by Jill Scott - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Before I met my guy, I've dated some guys in the past who had decent personalities and were generally good men overall - but their inability to kiss sensuously turned me off to the point that I stopped dating them. This may sound a bit superficial (I don't mean it to), but yes, a man's ability to kiss well is important to me. My guy is the first man that I've ever been with that kisses me so passionately and sensuously that it arouses me to the point of wanting to take his clothes off and climbing on him right then and there! Until I met him, I never knew what that felt like!

Some people may not think kissing is as important as a man or woman being a good/great lover or as important as them being physically attractive or as important as other factors. In my opinion though, a man who is a good kisser means he's probably um, good at doing other things.

Have you ever been told you are/were a good kisser? Have you ever been sensuously kissed by someone and thought, "Wow!"...? Alternatively, have you ever been kissed by someone who didn't really know how to kiss that well?

The video below shows a couple who know how to kiss each other sensuously and passionately. Do you think the video represents passionate kissing, or do you think their style of kissing is too "sloppy" or "too much"?
Part of the reason for kissing is that it is an exchange of information, much of it chemical. A large part of what we feel as attraction is based on genetics. That feeling you get sometimes, probably has a lot to do with complimentary immune systems - which means that his immune system protects against some things that yours doesn't - which means if you have offspring the child will be have a better immune system.

Romantic, huh.

Some people are bad kissers. I dated one woman (lots of possible stories about her) who did the lizard kiss. Sticking her tongue quickly in and out of my mouth. That wasn't so good.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
Part of the reason for kissing is that it is an exchange of information, much of it chemical. A large part of what we feel as attraction is based on genetics. That feeling you get sometimes, probably has a lot to do with complimentary immune systems - which means that his immune system protects against some things that yours doesn't - which means if you have offspring the child will be have a better immune system.

Romantic, huh.
It may not be "romantic", but it's something based on fact with awesome side effects.

Quote:
Some people are bad kissers. I dated one woman (lots of possible stories about her) who did the lizard kiss. Sticking her tongue quickly in and out of my mouth. That wasn't so good.
Ha! I literally LOL'd when I read this hehe. I had the same thing happen to me in my early 20s, and let me just tell you...it was the last date I ever went on with him!

Last edited by Apotamkin_Renesmee; 02-08-2013 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: forgot to italicize quoted text

Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
I enjoy kissing and think it's very important. I've kissed less than 10 people but I don't think any of them were particularly bad kissers. Regarding the guy who I enjoyed kissing the most, he might not have even been that great at it but I just thought he was gorgeous so it worked for me!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Since I like kissing, I'd say very important.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
Well, it's very important, but if the following is true, it's moreso than I expected:

"66 percent of women say they would dump a guy after a bad first kiss"

Read more: The Importance of a First Kiss - Oprah.com[/LEFT]

Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Kissing-- is like finding a shoe that fits: if the shoe doesn't, then it's uncomfortable and not the "shoe" for you!

Last edited by picklejuice; 02-08-2013 at 10:57 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
You don't want to be kissed like a English Mastot is licking your face.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Kissing-- is like finding a shoe that fits: if the shoe doesn't, then it's uncomfortable and not the "shoe" for you!
I like the way you worded that!

@Taoist: Unfortunately, I do believe that to be true. At least in my case. Which is not to say that a man can't learn to kiss well with practice if he's eager and a quick study. However, I feel that if a man hasn't learned how to kiss sensuously by the time he's in (at least) his mid 20s, then um, I don't know...

@Sugar: It's a good thing for him that his gorgeousness was enough for you to go with the flow!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
I'm not a very good kisser.

We've had thread after thread about this, though, so if anyone feels like digging through them they'll find some of my answers there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships