Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:17 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,556 times

Advertisements

Sex with a co-worker is fine if you can keep it far, far out of the office.

In this case, it's a disaster waiting to happen. She's married so you automatically have a third party involved who may/may not be totally insane with rage and capable of pretty much anything.

I have worked with people who have met at work, fallen in love at work, and spent their time "visiting" each others desks to coo endlessly, and generally being a total pain in the a55.

Two of my colleagues even got married to each other!

One girl was so beautiful every man in the place hit on her, a few of them she dated so we all had to put up with x, y, or z hanging around the photocopier with lustful eyes and private whispers.

She got a reputation, inevitably, and each one went wrong, one after the other...HR were involved more than once and a couple lost their jobs.

All for a shag.

Which you can find anywhere.

Does it SEEM like a good idea? No? Then it's probably not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 04:22 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,299,911 times
Great way to lose your job, and/or both heads-- plus a pair of balls.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:28 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,432,989 times
As long as the married woman makes the first move, I don't see an issue here. She has much more to lose than you do, so the balance of power is on your side.

I don't understand why a typical company would fire anyone for sleeping with a coworker, married or not. Most companies won't give a darn.

Chances are she's using you as a fling, so go into this with your eyes open. Don't fall in love, don't call her husband. Just enjoy the time you spend together, and when it ends, let it go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-10-2013, 04:42 PM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Doesn't sound worth the risk but this stuff happens all the time. I was being pursued by my married boss when I was young and it was bad news. My mom raised me that the Fairer sex was somehow beyond that...Not

Old 02-12-2013, 02:16 PM

934 posts, read 1,937,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanman72 View Post
Let's ignore the moral aspect -
Why? You clearly don't have any morals to ignore.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:20 PM

132 posts, read 188,341 times
YOLO, do it!

Old 02-12-2013, 02:36 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,153 times
The "moral issues" fall primarily on her, since she's the married one who would be cheating. You have no obligation to try to protect someone else's marriage. I'd be far more concerned about the risk to my job and career. It would have to be a fairly low-level job that I didn't care much about in order for me to consider risking it, since you're in the same department and do work together.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:42 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanman72 View Post
I am unattached

we both know what's up. The tension is constantly there.

worth the risk? She's in the same department as me and we sometimes work on projects together

if so, what's the best way to proceed.
Not worth the risk.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM

3,984 posts, read 5,013,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
The "moral issues" fall primarily on her, since she's the married one who would be cheating. You have no obligation to try to protect someone else's marriage. I'd be far more concerned about the risk to my job and career. It would have to be a fairly low-level job that I didn't care much about in order for me to consider risking it, since you're in the same department and do work together.
Yes, this is technically true but why not hold yourself up to higher standards? Why not have a little respect for yourself? I get that the OP clearly is not concerned with any moral obligation...he seems to only care about his pecker...but for others contemplating this scenario, why not hold yourself up a little higher and say "I choose not to participate in the degradation of someone else's marriage?"

Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Yes, this is technically true but why not hold yourself up to higher standards? Why not have a little respect for yourself? I get that the OP clearly is not concerned with any moral obligation...he seems to only care about his pecker...but for others contemplating this scenario, why not hold yourself up a little higher and say "I choose not to participate in the degradation of someone else's marriage?"
Agreed. I consider it unethical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships