Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM

111 posts, read 293,921 times

Advertisements

Were dating for over a month. He treated me well. It was me who caused our relationship to be in trouble. I think I smothered him. I became paranoid and suspicious. So afraid that I would loose him. I have an abandonment issue. He was the first guy that I opened up to after a big break up from my ex and loosing my dad a year ago. He said he's still interested but thinking were moving a little fast. He told me last week, that he might be falling for me. Friday, I spent the night at his house. Then Saturday, I asked him to hang out and he agreed. but cancelled in the afternoon due to working late. I got anxious and asked him if he's still interested. He said he is interested but were moving fast. Then I pushed more that made him said that hes not looking for something serious. When I asked him if we should stop seeing each other, he didnt respond but said he would talk to me later. It's me who pushed him away. I push and push till a guy walks away. I'm not sure if there's a chance that I could get this guy back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
Were dating for over a month. He treated me well. It was me who caused our relationship to be in trouble. I think I smothered him. I became paranoid and suspicious. So afraid that I would loose him. I have an abandonment issue. He was the first guy that I opened up to after a big break up from my ex and loosing my dad a year ago. He said he's still interested but thinking were moving a little fast. He told me last week, that he might be falling for me. Friday, I spent the night at his house. Then Saturday, I asked him to hang out and he agreed. but cancelled in the afternoon due to working late. I got anxious and asked him if he's still interested. He said he is interested but were moving fast. Then I pushed more that made him said that hes not looking for something serious. When I asked him if we should stop seeing each other, he didnt respond but said he would talk to me later. It's me who pushed him away. I push and push till a guy walks away. I'm not sure if there's a chance that I could get this guy back.
Maybe if you just gave him some space...like email him in a week or something. He is kind of sending mixed signals but last signal is, 'I need some space'.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM

657 posts, read 716,821 times
maybe he trying to break up with someone before he gets to nail you. I mean be with you.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:00 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
At this point, Just be honest with him about why you were moving so fast and tell him you will agree to take it slow if he is still interested. It sounds like you had some difficult days indeed, But be sure to put in the effort to giving him his space if this continues. This is best anyway-Oftentimes when we jump in immediately we miss an important thing-Getting to know one another. The passion, while not a bad thing takes the place of that completely. Getting to know someone takes time. Good luck with things.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Stop being the overly attached girlfriend.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
He wants space, but like another poster said he's giving mixed signals so it's obvious he doesn't know what he wants yet.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM

111 posts, read 293,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Stop being the overly attached girlfriend.
I was never really attached with any guys I've dated. Because this guy treated me so well I became comfortable to open my heart but still watchful. I started to like him more and more which causes the problem. With other guys I was guarded and distant because they showed signs that I would potentially get hurt. But some was still able to cause me pain somehow.

My dad passed away a year ago about the same time my heartless exbf left me. Then, the guys I've dated after turned to be a-holes. I started to be really cautious on who I date. Some complained that I was emotionally unavailable and left. Then my fear of being left started to grow. I learned that moving on is alot easier if im the one leaving them. I started to initiate the break ups or pushing them away for whatever reason. I couldn't keep a relationship.Then this guy came along and I did the exact same thing. I pushed him till he checked out. But this time I realized its hard to move on from him and I want him back.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:32 PM

223 posts, read 207,830 times
Quote:
I was never really attached with any guys I've dated. Because this guy treated me so well I became comfortable to open my heart but still watchful. I started to like him more and more which causes the problem. With other guys I was guarded and distant because they showed signs that I would potentially get hurt. But some was still able to cause me pain somehow.

My dad passed away a year ago about the same time my heartless exbf left me. Then, the guys I've dated after turned to be a-holes. I started to be really cautious on who I date. Some complained that I was emotionally unavailable and left. Then my fear of being left started to grow. I learned that moving on is alot easier if im the one leaving them. I started to initiate the break ups or pushing them away for whatever reason. I couldn't keep a relationship.Then this guy came along and I did the exact same thing. I pushed him till he checked out. But this time I realized its hard to move on from him and I want him back.
It may be too late.

Once a guy decides he's involved with a crazy person (even if the craziness is temporary/explainable) then he's gone and no amount of temptation will bring him back.

Unless of course he's crazy too.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
You're acting like a high school girl in her first relationship. You should probably seek therapy for your abandonment issues. They will continue the rest of your life until you gain self esteem and confront them head on.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Do that man a favor and leave him alone. His feelings are not mutual or he would be the one chasing you. Get it? You can't be that much of a loser to have to recycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships