Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do others judge you for being single?
no, everyone is fine with it 7 31.82%
yes, but who cares what they think? 12 54.55%
yes, and i want to do something about it. 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:59 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I definitely consider them, I just want a woman who either isn't cynical about marriage because of a divorce. In other words, I want a woman who's worked out her issues (as I have) and I think a lot of divorced people in general blame the other person and don't look at their role in the divorce. I was an exception to that rule.
Fair enough. The blame game is ugly, no matter who's playing it.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:00 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
This is my pet peeve with many men I encounter, they expect a never married childless woman when they are not. I always get messages online from dads and when I tell them no they get mad and say they don't date moms. Yet they expect me to date them. If I was divorced I would date divorced men.
Well, I would date a divorced mother. Its just a shame that its all there is here in Oklahoma City, and they usually have 2-3 or more kids. I'd prefer a woman with no kids as I don't have them and would like them. But I DO consider women with one kid who are open to more. You sound very closed minded and bitter. I can sort of relate to bitter, as I've had to fight that since my divorce. I really think you're being very harsh on divorced men.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
Quote:
Well, I would date a divorced mother. Its just a shame that its all there is here in Oklahoma City, and they usually have 2-3 or more kids. I'd prefer a woman with no kids as I don't have them and would like them. But I DO consider women with one kid who are open to more. You sound very closed minded and bitter. I can sort of relate to bitter, as I've had to fight that since my divorce. I really think you're being very harsh on divorced men.
I'm not bitter at all, just disgusted with people telling me to lower my standards based on something I strongly feel about.I can only date a divorced man who had an annulment and not willing to date someone who hasn't.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,628 times
Quote:
Here it's not. Many people would judge you because you didn't marry your son's father so really you have no business judging my life. However, quality childless men would rather date me than you.
Lol you can't be serious? You think a man would rather date someone who is judgemental, bitter, over confident and old than someone who's loving, caring, NOT JUDGEMENTAL, not bitter just because I had a kid? That man would need his head tested.

I wouldn't care if I got judged for not marrying a jackass. I'd rather my son and myself were happy and healthy rather than be in a unhappy, unhealthy relationship just so i wouldn't get judged.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:05 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
I definitely consider them, I just want a woman who either isn't cynical about marriage because of a divorce. In other words, I want a woman who's worked out her issues (as I have) and I think a lot of divorced people in general blame the other person and don't look at their role in the divorce. I was an exception to that rule.
Go over to the American Legion or VFW. Sometimes there are some nice ladies that spend some time there...

Old 02-12-2013, 04:06 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
sometimes i catch some flack at work because i dont have a girlfriend. does anyone else single, male or female experience these judgments/comments? i am 23 years old. i am not the type of guy to approach anyone of the opposite sex and strike up conversation. it feels uncomfortable, and i think people who do that are complete tools. most of the time, i ignore what these people say. but then, i get to thinking about it some more.

i am not sure if there is anything fundamentally wrong with me. i might have a bit of a self-esteem or confidence issue. i am not overweight(not anymore). and i've been told that i am decent looking(by the opposite sex). i tend to not be social. i really only have one friend. most of the time, i am comfortable just surfing the web, watching tv, or reading. yes, i am introverted, but not as shy as i used to be. sometimes i get lonely and think about signing up for an online dating site. i've been single since 2008 and i'm beginning to think it might become a problem. i'm beginning to think that i should go out of my comfort zone and try dating this year. at this point, i don't care much about having a relationship. it might just be a welcoming change to actually have someone to talk to, regardless of where it goes.
I've gotten grief for being single at my age. I've heard it all, from, "You're no spring chicken anymore!" to "You're too attractive to be single" to "It's time to get married and settle down." Most of the time it's fairly harmless, but there have been times where it seemed that people looked down on me for being single.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Lol you can't be serious? You think a man would rather date someone who is judgemental, bitter, over confident and old than someone who's loving, caring, NOT JUDGEMENTAL, not bitter just because I had a kid? That man would need his head tested.

I wouldn't care if I got judged for not marrying a jackass. I'd rather my son and myself were happy and healthy rather than be in a unhappy, unhealthy relationship just so i wouldn't get judged.
Oh I am old? please. You are just as judgmental as me by saying there must be something wrong with older singles. Yes men would be more willing to date me than a woman who didn't care enough about herself to make sure she didn't have a child out of wedlock.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:15 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,628 times
Quote:
Oh I am old? please. You are just as judgmental as me by saying there must be something wrong with older singles. Yes men would be more willing to date me than a woman who didn't care enough about herself to make sure she didn't have a child out of wedlock.
Some people don't believe in marriage

I care about myself and having my son has made me a better more mature and a more focused person so I'd say all has worked out well for me

I'm not judgmental I'm just saying its extremely strange for someone to reach that age and to have never had any commitments.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:17 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
So, this Church you claim to be so devoted to........Next time you're there, look around for a book they might have in there, probably imitation leather bound with gold lame print on the cover that says "Holy Bible." You should pick it up and look at it some time, it has a lot to say about people who make comments like you did in this post.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:18 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
*sing-song voice saying "And he's got his kids this weekend" going through my head*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships