Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Don't you think there is a point where people should realize that they need to learn how to control their sexual urges? ?
I have made many arguments that revolve around the idea that people should simply keep it in their pants (men and women) only to be shouted down over and over that this is an unrealistic expectation of human beings.

Dogs, maybe...but for human beings, it shouldn't be that hard. But whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 02:02 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have made many arguments that revolve around the idea that people should simply keep it in their pants (men and women) only to be shouted down over and over that this is an unrealistic expectation of human beings.

I can't see how anyone could argue against controlling yourself, especially when kids are involved.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
I can't see how anyone could argue against controlling yourself, especially when kids are involved.
I don't understand it, either.
But I've been told time and time again by posters here and offline that it's neither reasonable nor realistic to ask people to curb their sexual activity or be more responsible for it.

That's why, for example, the woman's choice is to have an abortion instead of just not have sex.
Etc, etc.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
My SO's best friend is like that. The first baby came at 13, the 2nd she was about 20, different guy, 3rd about 25, yet another guy. To top that off she also is raising a child her Dad fathered at around age 55 then he died so her biological Sister is younger than all her children. I keep asking my SO why does your college educated self have anything to do with that lowlife. Well we've known each other since we were 5 years old and neighbors, she says.

Her lowlife friend has hardly kept a job in 15 years of adulthood. Temp jobs here and there canning food and if by some miraculous luck all three of the Dads are not in jail for DUI or non payment of child support she lives off welfare and whatever they give her. The lying women has on her FB she graduated HS...lol, she never stepped foot in a high school.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
I've got a cousin with 3 kids by 3 different men. Her oldest is almost 17 years old, and her youngest is about 9 years old. My cousin is educated, extremely hard working, and she is a great mother. She simply went for the wrong type of man as a younger woman (She loved the bad boys), she made some mistakes, and she got screwed over by the kid's fathers.

But ya know what? If she hadn't made those "mistakes" then she wouldn't have these great kids in her life that she is very thankful for.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:47 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

This is a great post!

Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
I agree. I can see in some situations where they are young and made mistakes and now have kids with various partners, and now they have slowed down and actually learned to become responsible, but the people who are in their late 20's and older who have kids with various partners and 'still' continue this behavior are the ones I don't relate to. If I was in their shoes I know I would not be screwing around putting myself in a position to have another kid with another person that all my kids could call step-mother number 3. In my world it seems people like this are all over the place and they are the ones who get attention.

I'm a nice guy, good looking, and in my 30's. Never been married, never cheated, never screw around with one-night stands, and am always making people laugh, but when it comes to the dating game, I'm passed over for the users and people who seem to be down with the coolness of having one night stands ect... I've had women approach me and buy me drinks just to keep me talking to them, but once they find that I don't meet their financial stability requirements, suddenly I'm passed over for a guy who ends up walking outside and making out with them right away. I just don't get the way things work at my age anymore.
Hate to burst your bubble, but if you have to say you're a nice person, than I question how nice you really are. All the attributes you are listing are what women are looking for, yet you sound jaded that you are getting passed over. See how that sounds? You sound bitter that you have all these "nice qualities", but women keep going for the jerks. Instead of saying you're a nice guy, take a page out of the jerks book. I'm not saying you have to sleep with them and then leave them, but dont' wait on their beck and call. Also, instead of talking to one woman at a time, talk to ten women at a time. Most women these days have lives of their own, so you have to have conversation with multiple women to pass the time. Until I get in a relationship, I'm usually talking to 3-5 women at any given time. I'm not sleeping with them, but I am doing activities or just casually chatting with them.

I've been where you are before and I decided to take a page from the "jerk" handbook. I've never looked back!

Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
That much unprotected sex with different partners qualifies them to write books like, "How I survived with multiple STDs".

Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
The problem isn't sexual urges. The problem is not using contraception and birth control appropriately.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
My SO's best friend is like that. The first baby came at 13,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships