Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:22 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

I am not sure we are going out tomorrow, we are not living in the same city.
That is why I think it is nice to send him a gift.
Like a card and flower. Not my first choice, but that is the only gift I can find right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
Nah, there's no need.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Epic valentines failure is upcoming. I was told just now that my wife will be working the day tomorrow. "Isn't that great now we can go to dinner!"

No plans. And I really doubt I will get something put together tomorrow. I was planning on being in a customers cabinet in the data center all day physically upgrading his iscsi storage.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:35 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
Solution one: Picnic, beneath the stars if it's warm enough.
Solution two: "Honey, I have to work late tonight".

Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 AM

4,939 posts, read 3,315,369 times
and you have to ask this...
if you get a gift you also give a gift , is not about cost is about being nice
need not be something be big or expensive it is the thought that counts

Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 AM

218 posts, read 483,534 times
My SO comes from a long line of V-Day haters. His parents don't do anything for each other. His brother and SIL don't do anything for each other. Etc... I LOVE V-Day! I get him something and he never gets me anything. I don't expect or want anything in return.

When you give a gift you should do it because you want to show that person you care, not to receive. If you care about the guy then give him something. If it's too much too soon, then don't!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:27 AM

803 posts, read 1,879,524 times
lilyflower,

if this guy gave u this gift on christmas then id say that yeah, u may need to get him a gift too because christmas is more like a gift exchange holiday.

but its Valentines day, and its very common for just the men to buy the women something. if u feel funny and want to get him something anyways, that robe is a nice gift. or just a quiet evening with some desert and champagne.

have fun!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
You know, the whole idea of valentines day makes me little queasy. For one its a madeup hallmark holiday and two most couples I know do exactly the same boring thing. Being a non-conformist, I just dont see myself doing the same thing million of other dudes or couples are doing. Send her flowers to her office and take her out to dinner. Barf. I told my GF I dont celebrate this nonsense, and she gave little resistance but she'll just have to deal with it. I bought some choclate covered strawberries and a good bottle of wine, so we can chill tonight at my pad and listen to some tunes, talk a little, spend some time together. If shes on her best behavior and the mood strikes, she may even get the gift.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:08 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Buy him a clip-on tie and make him a CD of stalker songs. JK. I personally like to bake so I'd make him cookies....or maybe I'd make him some chocolate covered strawberries. They are cheap and easy to make and taste just as good as the expensive ones at the store.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:16 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Really? Maybe that is true for you. I never expect a gift in return. Kind of takes the fun out of giving the gift if someone has to keep score.

OP, what did he get you? I would say a token gift would be nice...doesn't have to be extravagant.
This ^. Don't feel obligated to give a gift in return. OP, if you're not going to see him today (Valentine's Day), how about sending him an e-card? That would be a sweet way to acknowledge his gift and thank him for it.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships