Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:08 AM

74 posts, read 267,358 times

Advertisements

First to understand where the question is coming from lets make some things clear.

Most women are not gonna date a man that can't even give them money to do their hair or to buy lunch or just plain give them some sort of money.

So I ask, what if he made this comparison.

His Girl: Gives her money, has to compromise and sometimes give up his fun, can only get sex when she wants to give it and sometimes argue and fight

The Pro: He gets sex as long as he pays, no arguments, he gets his space and fun and can hang with the guys when he feels like it.

PLEASE SPEAK YOUR MINDS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,535,524 times
Married 13 years and he never gave me money.

Dating...one time I was forced to pay for my own 59 cent roll of paper towels.

This concept of a man handing out money....it's....very foreign to me.....

and I might be naive...but I don't understand the question.

Last edited by MainStreet; 10-22-2007 at 11:39 AM..

Old 10-22-2007, 11:27 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
and I might be naive...but I don't understand the question.
I'm a little fuzzy on it too....

Old 10-22-2007, 11:31 AM

820 posts, read 2,867,760 times
I don't understand the question neither. Plus, I have never and would never date a man and want/expect him to give me lunch money or pay for my hair cut. That's quite odd.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:33 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,129 times
Uh, yeah, I'm not getting your drift ...can you elaborate????

Old 10-22-2007, 11:41 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,242 times
I *think* Mr88 is trying to compare having a girlfriend/wife with just going to a prostitute and not having any "relationship issues" - almost like you still pay if you have a girlfriend/wife with more "hassles" than just going to a "pro"? Maybe?

If that's the case, then Mr88 - it seems you feel a girlfriend/wife is basically also a prostitute, only more "socially acceptable"? If so.....Have you ever been married or had a girlfriend???

In any case, very strange post......

Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM

I guess it's a Jamaican thing then........In Jamaica most women you date want you to give them money for whatever.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windchimes03561 View Post
I *think* Mr88 is trying to compare having a girlfriend/wife with just going to a prostitute and not having any "relationship issues" - almost like you still pay if you have a girlfriend/wife with more "hassles" than just going to a "pro"? Maybe?

If that's the case, then Mr88 - it seems you feel a girlfriend/wife is basically also a prostitute, only more "socially acceptable"? If so.....Have you ever been married or had a girlfriend???

In any case, very strange post......
Please try to understand before you say that......in Jamaica if you meet a girl, 9 times out of 10 she'll want you to support her financially as they say love can't eat. And also, if you can't provide for her financially she'll use it against you when you try to get a little bedroom fun. That's all.

I just thought it was the same there as it is here.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:53 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,600,702 times
Mr88, It is not at all like that in most places here. Only strippers and such will treat you that poorly here. Most women do not expect you to support them until after you marry them. They do like to be treated nicely and will expect you to pay for the entertainment you arrange on your dates, ie movies, theater, concerts, meals and the like. The do not expect you to buy their dresses or underwear. They do not expect you to pay their rent or car payment or for their beauticians.

If the women you are meeting are like that, I suggest you quit hanging with these pros and find some nice women. You may not get laid as much, but it will be much more enjoyable when you do.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:57 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Mr88, It is not at all like that in most places here. Only strippers and such will treat you that poorly here. Most women do not expect you to support them until after you marry them. They do like to be treated nicely and will expect you to pay for the entertainment you arrange on your dates, ie movies, theater, concerts, meals and the like. The do not expect you to buy their dresses or underwear. They do not expect you to pay their rent or car payment or for their beauticians.

If the women you are meeting are like that, I suggest you quit hanging with these pros and find some nice women. You may not get laid as much, but it will be much more enjoyable when you do.
IMHO, most women don't even "expect" you to support them--but more often, are equal partners in supporting the household.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships