Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 11:17 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times

Advertisements

I'm bored in the VIP section, so I've been thinking about this for a minute. Just my personal analysis.

Both genders are obviously guilty of bashing the opposite sex based on looks, but for different reasons.

When women dig on men and they're average or below average, it's because they're used to men (for whatever reason) complimenting them in order to crush some guts later. These guys will say and do whatever, lick the bottom of their doggone heels, in order to run the two minute drill on her kitty. So they in their delusional mind think they're a 9.

Men do it as a defense mechanism, usually when women don't reciprocate their interest, especially if they turn them down hard or use them for drinks. 'She wasn't even hot anyways.'

When I go to clubs, I like to people watch and I can see and hear these very things I post of.

I also blame music. A lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 AM

650 posts, read 701,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
They judge on looks and physical characteristics too of course, just as men also judge women on things besides looks, but they're not as obsessed as men are with looks/physical beauty when looking at potential love interests.
So they claim to be.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:48 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,906 times
meh sometimes you're looking to hit, and who it is isn't too big a deal. as long as she doesn't look like trash, you're down.

if you're not looking to play the "you're hot, so i'm trying to get to know you" game...and are more trying to play the "look, i'm after sex so yes or no, lets get out of here?" game...then the ones that'll be like "yes" won't necessarily be "high fruit". Of course, if she says "yes", you tell her to sit pretty while you explore your other options....

guaranteed win...

Old 02-17-2013, 01:02 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Believe me walk down the streets of NY tou will see plenty of unattractive women with attractive men,
That's interesting, because my close friend who lives in NYC says the opposite. He says he sees more schlubby-looking guys with gorgeous women there than anywhere else in the world.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
Ironically, my friends who date more aren't as nearly as harsh. And it's not because they pursue 'low hanging fruit', rather they are far less judgmental and more accepting of their own flaws.
Bingo. Those guys get it.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
That's interesting, because my close friend who lives in NYC says the opposite. He says he sees more schlubby-looking guys with gorgeous women there than anywhere else in the world.
But what do they mean to each other?

Family members? Co-workers? Neighbors? What we call (roll eyes) goooooooooooooooooooooooood friends?

Why assume the couple together are a romantic couple?

I know the score, I'm from NY.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,299,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Why assume the couple together are a romantic couple?

I know the score, I'm from NY.
And HE has data

Old 02-17-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
And HE has data
Now that you saw my methodology, I'm still waiting for you to mail me back your reply.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:10 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,299,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Now that you saw my methodology, I'm still waiting for you to mail me back your reply.
I have not seen your methodology.

The question you asked above is the exact question I wondered about your claims.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:02 PM

Last edited by Plzeň; 02-17-2013 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Decided it didn't warrant a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships