Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 01:27 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

A massage client of mine a few years ago said she wears heels to "make my legs look pretty". Is that what they're for? To elongate the legs and enhance the curve of the calf? I never knew that. I guess some guys think they're hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 01:33 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A massage client of mine a few years ago said she wears heels to "make my legs look pretty". Is that what they're for? To elongate the legs and enhance the curve of the calf?
That's part of it, but they also change the posture of the whole body in a way that accentuates curves in all the right places (pushes the chest forward and the butt back). This is why I can't believe there could be straight men who don't like looking at women who wear them, regardless of how unhealthy or impractical they may be. Maybe they're threatened by women being as tall as they are.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:38 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
That's part of it, but they also change the posture of the whole body in a way that accentuates curves in all the right places (pushes the chest forward and the butt back). This is why I can't believe there could be straight men who don't like looking at women who wear them, regardless of how unhealthy or impractical they may be. Maybe they're threatened by women being as tall as they are.
Usually, you are very rational which I appreciate as this board (and the world in general) lacks that trait. However, concluding that men who don't like to see women risking their health are threatened by a woman's height isn't rational at all.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Usually, you are very rational which I appreciate as this board (and the world in general) lacks that trait. However, concluding that men who don't like to see women risking their health are threatened by a woman's height isn't rational at all.
Physical attraction is a part of being human that is not rational. I can acknowledge that something isn't rational and still be attracted to it. Getting a sun tan is also unhealthy, but causes some people to look more attractive to me. Rationally speaking, women's makeup is probably not healthy, either. Why would I be attracted to a woman when she smears chemicals, bat poop, and fish scales on her face? I don't know, but I am.

For that matter, sex itself is pretty disgusting when you think about it rationally. Dangerous, too. Historically, a significant percentage of women died in childbirth. Talk about a health risk! Fortunately we have hormones that keep us from being completely rational about sexual attraction, or our species would have died off.

Also, on the rational side of things, I think you're misinterpreting the data on heels and health. Like many things in life, they're only shown to be unhealthy when done in excess, not in moderation. Think of it like fatty foods or alcohol, where a little is fine for your body but a lot is damaging; rather than like a blow to the head, where every occurrence is damaging.

Thanks for the compliment. Right now I'm rationally acknowledging that I'm not completely rational. Nobody is. We're humans, not vulcans.

Last edited by Plzeň; 02-15-2013 at 02:07 PM..

Old 02-15-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Physical attraction is a part of being human that is not rational. I can acknowledge that something isn't rational and still be attracted to it. Getting a sun tan is also unhealthy, but causes some people to look more attractive to me. Rationally speaking, women's makeup is probably not healthy, either. Why would I be attracted to a woman when she smears chemicals, bat poop, and fish scales on her face? I don't know, but I am.

For that matter, sex itself is pretty disgusting and certainly dangerous when you think about it rationally. Historically, a very high percentage of women died in childbirth. Talk about a health risk! Fortunately we have hormones that keep us from being completely rational about sexual attraction, or our species would have died off.

Also, on the rational side of things, I think you're misinterpreting the data on heels and health. Like many things in life, they're only shown to be unhealthy when done in excess, not in moderation.

Thanks for the compliment. Right now I'm rationally acknowledging that I'm not completely rational. Nobody is. We're humans, not vulcans.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:32 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,650 times
Quote:
Guys were attracted to woman before heels were ever invented. Its not like heels are encoded in our dna to find attractive. No offense but to say that its only because man is threatened by height is just pushing it.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:42 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,650 times
Quote:

For that matter, sex itself is pretty disgusting when you think about it rationally. Dangerous, too. Historically, a significant percentage of women died in childbirth. Talk about a health risk! Fortunately we have hormones that keep us from being completely rational about sexual attraction, or our species would have died off.

Also, on the rational side of things, I think you're misinterpreting the data on heels and health. Like many things in life, they're only shown to be unhealthy when done in excess, not in moderation. Think of it like fatty foods or alcohol, where a little is fine for your body but a lot is damaging; rather than like a blow to the head, where every occurrence is damaging.

As humans we all finds different things attractive we are products of both internal and external factors. You are right though we are irrational because its irrational to assume that you find attractive is universal. Also its irrational to have the species die out don't ya think.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Also its irrational to have the species die out don't ya think.
Depends, what's rational about the survival of the species?

Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
There is a Taylor Swift song with lyrics "He doesn't like it when I wear high heels but I do". That made me think of something fascinating yet disturbing (from my point of view). Women who wear heels only consider a man's height when selecting a man. His opinion of heels means little or nothing..at least at first.

This can create a sort of high heels love triangle. I'll use myself as an example. I'm a shorter man and love to see women wear heels. I thnk they look very, very attractive. I probably have more of a love and appreciation for women wearing heels than 99%+ of men, including men much taller than myself. Yet a woman who likes to wear heels would reject me "I can't be with him, I like to wear heels". Yet that same woman could choose a man who is exactly like the character in the Taylor Swift song. Plenty of men don't like women to wear heels and it has nothing to do with height. It's a dominance thing or sometimes insecurity. Some men just don't want women to look sexy.

A couple of other thoughts about this. As heels have become more rare it seems women have become more self-conscious of who they wear them around. I think back to the 1980s when heels were more common and women wore them around anybody without giving it a second thought. It was just normal. I never heard talk back then like I do today of women only wearing heels with tall men.

Also, why is it that big a deal if a woman becomes taller than a man with heels on? Why must the man always be taller? In a sense this is women insisting that men are always physically more domiant then they are.

Finally If given the choice between paying a woman to wear heels with me in public or having sex I would choose heels in public. It goes beyond my semi-fetish for heels. I want to be seen, in particular by those who think it's wrong for a woman in heels to be taller than a man. That would be so much fun. I only bring up paying for it because I don't believe any women in this era would do it otherwise.
Since you love high heels so much have you considered wearing them?

Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Guys were attracted to woman before heels were ever invented. Its not like heels are encoded in our dna to find attractive. No offense but to say that its only because man is threatened by height is just pushing it.

Lighten up, Napoleon. It was a joke (albeit one with likely at least a shred of truth). It'll be okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships